Ste B

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has this been noted anywhere yet?

First leg on Tuesday 5th live at Ewood*

Second leg on Wednesday 20th @ Villa Park**

semi dates

* this match will also be televised on Sky Sports, but no-one worth their salt will be anywhere other than Ewood.

** this match is live on the BBC, and considering not everyone will be able to get a ticket, it's a permissable option to watch on tv.

Great to see that the BBC have a game from each too.

Il be at both so it doesnt matter to me. I was very tempted to book some hotel rooms in london for the 28th Feb too but didnt want to tempt fate.

Nice little extra earner from these Semi's for the Clubs too

I feel that we can do it. I believe it. I was talking to some Villa fans who seemed to believe that they have been granted a free pass to the final. I don't understand that attitude at all. We've already done them once this season.

If we get to the final and Man U get into the Champions League (a given) do we get into the Europa League?

(Providing that they beat City and beat us in the final, obviously)

If we get to the final and Man U get into the Champions League (a given) do we get into the Europa League?

Nope they changed it at the start of the this season. Winners only, after that it goes to the league spot.

I wasn't looking forward to facing Villa in the FA cup but our cup team has really shown it has the ability to do well, better than our first team. It will be difficult but we have to beat everyone to win it.

I feel that we can do it. I believe it. I was talking to some Villa fans who seemed to believe that they have been granted a free pass to the final. I don't understand that attitude at all. We've already done them once this season.

(Providing that they beat City and beat us in the final, obviously)

It goes to 7th place in the league.

Nope they changed it at the start of the this season. Winners only, after that it goes to the league spot.

I wasn't looking forward to facing Villa in the FA cup but our cup team has really shown it has the ability to do well, better than our first team. It will be difficult but we have to beat everyone to win it.

That's a shame! Thanks for the info.

Book your tickets for Wembley, im feeling confident. Chelsea's so called 2nd team, is a much better team than Villa. If we play like that against Villa, then we will thrash them.

Chelsea's so called 2nd team is a much better team than Villa?

Are you sure about that statement??? I think thats a bit of a daft statement really especially seeing as we beat their full strength side this season just a few weeks ago, I'd also suggest you aren't aware of our record against them in recent years. Oh and it clearly was a very weakened Chelsea side you faced.

I just don't understand why fans on either side would act like either side is definately going to Wembley the 2 leg's of the semi final will be hard fought close games which either side could emerge from as winners. Sure I'm confident as are you guys, thats football but booking tickets to London or hotel rooms seems very premature to me.

Yes you beat us already this season but I don't think that game will have any bearing on the 3 games ahead past meetings rarely do. If you think though that by playing the way you did against that Chelsea side against us that you will thrash us, well we will have to wait and see.

When do you think tickets will be sale for the second leg? I have already been to 7 away games (after Hull/Brum), and plan on going to Wigan and the ones in January... I should be guaranteed one. Wonder what the allocation is?

Neither do I mate to be honest and this isn't the attitude of most on the Villa site I'm from, sure thats the view of some but then it appears its the view of sum in reverse on here. Personally I think they will be tight, low scoring, hard fought games which either side could come out on top in.

As I said though I really don't think you beating us earlier this season will very much barring on a two legged semi and a one off game at Villa Park.

It's called bigging one self up I believe Trent. Popular with the young folk, particularly those who have not followed Rovers that long, and are unaware of our innate ability to cock things up on a regular basis.

Ah a condition us Villa fans our fully aware of and have witnessed ourselves many a time, see our challange to break the Sky 4 last season.

These are going to be tough games which I'd imagine will end up getting a little fierce and firey (on the pitch) due to the number of times we play in a short space of time.

When do you think tickets will be sale for the second leg? I have already been to 7 away games (after Hull/Brum), and plan on going to Wigan and the ones in January... I should be guaranteed one. Wonder what the allocation is?

Not sure when they will go on sale but you will get around 6700 as apparantly you get 15% of the capacity as a minimum. Obviously depending on segregation issues and how they divide the stand you may get more than this but it will be close to this figure.

I was talking to some Villa fans who seemed to believe that they have been granted a free pass to the final. I don't understand that attitude at all. We've already done them once this season.

Those Villa fans obviously didn't come to Ewood this season, worst Villa following in years by the way. I saw an extremely poor side, and that despite the fact O'Neil has thrown plenty of cash at the problem.

They also got out of jail at Burnley by all accounts, having been outplayed for 80 minutes.

I’d say it depends which Villa side turn up, but we’ve got the best draw possible for a change.

This all comes down to how we do at Villa Park. It may have been better to play them at VP first but oh well.

We can do it, but they are surely favourites. We need to be on the top of our game.

I disagree - I think the home leg 1st is the best way for us. If we can take a 2-0 win from Ewood then we can go to Villa full of confidence and just look to pinch a goal.

Im confident we can do them - again!

Villa whilst they beat Chelsea are hit and miss, one week awesome, the next poor. If we can stop Agbonlawhore & the diving Young then we should have an excellent chance.

Book your tickets for Wembley, im feeling confident. Chelsea's so called 2nd team, is a much better team than Villa. If we play like that against Villa, then we will thrash them.

I like this sort of logic, as it never really makes any sense. Team A beats team B, so it must mean we'll beat team C.

Your logic falls down when you consider that Villa’s first XI beat Chelsea’s first XI. That’s not to say we’re better than Chelsea, that would be ridiculous, but your line of thought is muddled, to put it nicely.

Allocation in carling cup is minimum 20% of the ground capacity so will prob be the lower at least of the end opposite holte end.

You won't get the lower North. If you want the tickets, you'll get the away corner and the upper North.

Are you sure about that statement??? I think thats a bit of a daft statement really especially seeing as we beat their full strength side this season just a few weeks ago, I'd also suggest you aren't aware of our record against them in recent years. Oh and it clearly was a very weakened Chelsea side you faced.

Deco, Joe Cole, Ivanovic, Ballack, Drogba, Kalou, Malouda...

Very weakened? I think you're pushing it, mate.

You won't get the lower North. If you want the tickets, you'll get the away corner and the upper North.

How's the view in the upper North stand? I've sat in the lower bit more times than I care to remember and it's bobbins down there. I was very happy when they moved away fans to the Deadly Doug stand.

How's the view in the upper North stand? I've sat in the lower bit more times than I care to remember and it's bobbins down there. I was very happy when they moved away fans to the Deadly Doug stand.

From what I've heard its a good view. I've never been in the North stand myself, always stood/sat in the Holte.

Archived