BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Of Wigan Away

cn174

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benni Mac, the best striker at the club, the only striker we can rely on to score... and we might sell him in Jan? If we let him go it will be lunacy.

I think it will take him just another goal at Sunderland for him to cement a place in the line up and then Sam will likely refuse to sell him and McCarthy will hopefully be happy to stay.

• Backroom

I think it will take him just another goal at Sunderland for him to cement a place in the line up and then Sam will likely refuse to sell him and McCarthy will hopefully be happy to stay.

He should already have a place in the starting line-up cemented. Even at 50% fitness he's better than Roberts at 100%. Di Santo and Kalinic should be rotated with Benni Mac in a starting pair, Roberts should be a late-sub to come on and harry the defence at the end of the game when Benni tires.

Both sides keeping their side of the bargain. Sanm saying if he puts in the the work he plays and Benni is getting the job done.Salgado definitely has good skills but his dives and his commitment worries me. He could easily get another yellow,

More commitment is what we need from the players. Salgado is a winner, and id much rather have his commitment, than lazy Diouf, and Gamst

He should already have a place in the starting line-up cemented. Even at 50% fitness he's better than Roberts at 100%. Di Santo and Kalinic should be rotated with Benni Mac in a starting pair, Roberts should be a late-sub to come on and harry the defence at the end of the game when Benni tires.

I know, but to be fair Roberts was doing fairly well at the very start of the season and McCarthy has started past few games now. If he didn't score today and was still goalless by January, I'd be more inclined to sell him and you can bet Sam would be even more so.

By the way, just noticed you have a Kamelot song in your sig. Good stuff.

Hahahahahaha did Andrews just stop our goal?? Oh god...

Di Santo a bit one dimensional. I would bring on Roberts against his old team

Plenty of running, but to be fair he doesn't get a lot of support from midfield.

I also agree about Salgado. Looks perfect for a centre-midfield spot; still unconvinced by his wingplay.

Er guys. Didn't Andrews take the free kick Benni scored from?

Andrews lumped it forward and Nelson placed it across to McCarthy .....but c'mon...anyone with eyes in their head can see that Andrews has mainly been a boat-anchor today

Er guys. Didn't Andrews take the free kick Benni scored from?

I was a punt from the half-way line, not some Beckham-esque bender. If anyone deserves credit for the assist, it's Nelsen who did brilliantly to head the ball back across the goal.

Andrew's is awful and needs to not be on the pitch. Pedersen is @#/? too, but I'd rather see him come on and Salgado moved into the middle.

3 most committed players on yellow is very worrying

A big concern, especially when they are right and left backs, plus Salgado who looks determined to get himself sent off.

Andrews started well, passing to our players...then it all went wrong about the 20min mark and he started to break up all our decent attacks by giving it straight to their defenders. Decent free kick for the goal but its all about the movement in the box.

Wigan have been dangerous and Robbo has made a couple of good saves to keep us in it.

Di Santo putting in the yards yet again and won a couple of danergous free kicks for his trouble. Just doesn't seem to get the break in front of goal.

Subs: Jacobsen, Kalinic, MGP. At various intervals in the second half.

Good to know Salgado is doing fairly well and people think he should play in the centre, that's where I saw him playing when we first signed him. The thing is that having a midfield combo of any of Salgado, N'zonzi or Grella means our midfield is very defensive. We need two quality wingers to create chances in that case and I don't think we have that. If Hoilett and Emerton play it would be ok though.

Archived