BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Of Wigan Away

cn174

BBC has Wigan dominating posession 55-45 and us way ahead on foul count. Is it really that bad?

It is on Planet Clattenburg Gunner. :angry2:

He must have 'invested' thousands on his appearence in the summer and if he'd intended to look like a faggot he couldn't have done a better job.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fat Man has lost the plot...

Can you try not to be so immature? You sound stupid.

..... Anyway Allardyce is not fat, he's just a big bloke.

team selection and formation getting more and more bizarre game by game

Why sam? Can you explain your thoughts?

it was a pretty end-to-end game actually, far from boring. BFS however has failed to install that physical dominance we needed.

That was the impression that I got from the radio. I too want to see the 'Dogs of War' re-appear. The Sky report does suggest that we put some tasty challenges in in the first half but unfortunately our current personnel do not seem to have it in em. Neil, Todd, Ooijer, Sav and latterly Warnock have all departed unfortunately.

Can you try not to be so immature? You sound stupid.

Kettle, black, pot...

There you go again.

If you have a grouse it has to be with the Chairman and the board. They have cashed in on our best players over the past couple of years. Allardyce has simply turned up late and inherited a much weaker squad than his predecessor and imo one on a par with the poor one that Hughes inherited. It took Hughes some time to improve the team and it's likely to take Allardyce longer because we appear to have even less money available than 4 years ago. Odd thing is that Hughes didn't attract the flak that Allardyce is doing. I guess it's cos he had recently played for us.

Allardyce has curtailed career of Tugay unfortunately and I tend to think that even at his age he would be in front of Salgado and Andrews in my team but I guess that the end had to come about some time soon for him for the good of the club.

So harry you need to sit down and re-assess your viewpoint and temper your opinions with some basic common sense before you continue making a complete dick of yourself.

And I am getting more and more disillusioned with some fans who keep viewing the glass as being one tenth full.

Face it, we were awful again today. We can't blame the Fat Man for the performance of some players, but we can blame him for his ineptitude when it comes to realizing how crap some of these players are as well as how poor some of his tactics are and thus not making the appropriate changes.

What pisses me off most about the Fat Man is that he comes out after games like today and tries to make out like we were the better side. That there was nothing wrong with the performance. That statistics such as shots on goal and a greater number of throw-ons are proof of this.

Seriously?!?

Did you actually watch the game ? They might have had more shots but we had more clear chances to score. I think robinson made one decent save all game and if it wasn't for kirkland making world class saves we would have won.

What was wrong with the tactics ? I'm not sure what else Sam could have done with the players we have available.

We miss Dunny and Grella but Nzonzi and Andrews did ok to suggest we would have done better with 10 men is just stupid.

So come on what should sam have done ? 4-5-1 maybe ? Or maybe he should get rid of andrews and buy ....erm....Lampard ?? or....hmmmm Gerrard maybe ?

Just got back from the game, not too many positives in all honesty.

Looked fairly solid at the back, Givet struggled with N'Zogbia in the first half, but I think this was inevitable. We were weak in the midfield all game, wingers were useless, and Andrews and N'Zonzi just couldnt create anything.

The goal was well taken, good ball in, well won header from Nelson and a great finish.

What was said at half time is beyond me, we came out clueless, couldnt keep the ball, couldnt pass, couldnt defend. It was a matter of when we would concede, not if we would concede.

Saying this, any point away from home is a good point for us, considering our form on the road

• Backroom

He must have 'invested' thousands on his appearence in the summer and if he'd intended to look like a faggot he couldn't have done a better job.

Come on Theno, you usually talk sense but to make a post like this then moments later make another calling someone out for being immature is a bit hypocritical surely?

• Backroom

I just don't see how him and his appearance has any bearing on his decision making abilities. (for the record I think he's crap as a ref, used to be one of the best as well)

So harry you need to sit down and re-assess your viewpoint and temper your opinions with some basic common sense before you continue making a complete dick of yourself.

The comment to which you initially responded to was made in jest. Apologies if it is you who lacks the "common sense" to realize that.

Even then, I find it incredibly amusing that you call me out for referring to Allardyce as "the Fat Man" after you called the referee a faggot.

Perhaps I was a bit immature, but I stand by my last post. Pot, kettle, black...

I just don't see how him and his appearance has any bearing on his decision making abilities. (for the record I think he's crap as a ref, used to be one of the best as well)

:blink: But my comment on his appearence was just that and was not linked to my comment on his ability.

As far as I am concerned he could look like Danny La Rue as long as he refs like Howard Webb. I would happily praise him then but I'd still condemn his appearence.

btw he was only one of the best in the eyes of the press and media. He was always a bad un.

The BBC say it was a bit of a cracker.

Did any of the moaning minis actually watch it?

Philip it was dreadful. I was there

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce: "We are sat here hugely disappointed and very down in the mouth in terms of we know we should have had three points to get us that bit further up the league. We've come out here and matched them in every department."

From the BBC

Frankly this is nonsense. Wigan were better than Rovers.

Did you actually watch the game ? They might have had more shots but we had more clear chances to score. I think robinson made one decent save all game and if it wasn't for kirkland making world class saves we would have won.

What was wrong with the tactics ? I'm not sure what else Sam could have done with the players we have available.

We miss Dunny and Grella but Nzonzi and Andrews did ok to suggest we would have done better with 10 men is just stupid.

So come on what should sam have done ? 4-5-1 maybe ? Or maybe he should get rid of andrews and buy ....erm....Lampard ?? or....hmmmm Gerrard maybe ?

World class saves from Kirkland! He didn't have a save to make other than Benni's overhead which was 2 foot in front of him.

The problem I have with the tactics today is the substitutions were not intended to try and change the game and go for a win.

Err.......we dd play 4-5-1 which is why we only created to chances from open play.

I'd guess it's you who didn't watch the game.

1. Allardyce is not excessively fat.

2. I didn't call Clattenberg a faggot.

Get it right.

Stop being so pedantic.

The results could have been better, if Sam had selected the right players. It could also have been a bit more positive, if Sam made the correct changes during certain times of the games. He has been doing this for quite some time now, yet he still struggles to change things when the need arises. Everybody enjoys seeing him up in the stands, because he has a better view of proceedings. Its clearly not helping his judgement, or making much of a difference.

Good point, poor performance.

The standard of our football is pretty awful and not one bit enjoyable to watch. I thought the ability to pass the ball to each other was one of the basics of football, I must be missing the point somewhere.

I am so glad that my attendance at away games is very limited these days, and I feel sorry for those who travel week in week out. Mind you it's not much better at home either.

Philip it was dreadful. I was there

Frankly this is nonsense. Wigan were better than Rovers.

World class saves from Kirkland! He didn't have a save to make other than Benni's overhead which was 2 foot in front of him.

The problem I have with the tactics today is the substitutions were not intended to try and change the game and go for a win.

Err.......we dd play 4-5-1 which is why we only created to chances from open play.

I'd guess it's you who didn't watch the game.

i did watch game but I guess you are not allowed to have an opinion unless you are slagging the manager or the team on this messageboard.

4-5-1 ? I don't think so.

We got a decent point away from home thats the main thing.

and youve spent exactly how much over the years following the team?...granted i missed today.

18 years and counting... your point (I assume you were trying to make one?)

It will take a while for things to get better:

We are playing with three 20 year olds who are still learning their trade, we are missing our better players all of whom play in the same position and we have no money... surely this explains why we are playing "percentage football/hoofball" at the moment?

Dire game, such an inept performance by Rovers.

Wigan were the better side, passed the ball better, got stuck in with tackles and on counter they were very dangerous. The stats show that Wigan dominated in terms of possession and chances, don't see how anyone not even our manager can say otherwise.

Not many positives to take from the game, we looked shaky at the back and in midfield Wigan were able to run rampant at our defence. Our play in the final third was inept as usual, not many clear cut chances though Benni gave it a real go.

Pedersen, Roberts, Salgado, Andrews all dire and a waste of the place in the team as far as i'm concerned. Problem is that we are lumbered with these players until their contracts run out as i can't see anyone paying to take this deadwood off our wage bill.

Money needs to be spent in January if we are to turn this around, either that or Dunny will need to come back from injury playing like he did before and needs to remain injury free for the rest of the season. Fat chance in either instance to be honest.

Miserable game. Fair result.

We are a nothing team. We're dull, boring and without any belief that we're going to win a game.

All we had was McCarthy and Hoilett vs Wigan defence. Hoilett doesnt have enough physical power or sheer pace to beat players and McCarthy on his own can only do so much.

Roberts was beyond useless, Im genuinely embarrassed to see him in the Rovers shirt, awful player. Di Santo worked hard but never looked like scoring. The midfield is completely devoid of creativity. We had no cohesion, no cutting edge. Without Dunn we're a very very poor team.

We didnt deserve to win the game. I dont blame any one player or selection choice in particular as we do have 2 games in 3 days but if we dont look like causing teams like Wigan any problems then that says it all. Kirkland did nothing until the last 5 minutes of the match.

good post my thoughts, when I saw the team I though god do I wanna waste 90 watching this, I didn't anyway

supporting Blackburn is a dull job, but someones got to do it

No i did watch the we don't like that word, please don't use it game but I guess you are not allowed to have an opinion unless you are slagging the manager or the team on this messageboard.

4-5-1 ? I don't think so.

Maybe on paper it wasn't 4-5-1, but in practice it pretty much was. McCarthy was so deep at times that he was pretty much playing center midfield, similar to the role Dunn played earlier in the season.

No one is having a go, but when you come out all guns blazing because someone has a different opinion to you then you should expect some mud to be hurled in your direction.

Heck, it's only a game and it's undoubtedly our frustration from not getting a win which brings out the keyboard warriors in us. I agree though, we should get behind the team. But sometimes they make it hard...

First thoughts are that its a good point away from home. However, with so many games without a win we need to start converting these 'decent points' into wins, and soon.

As for the game, not as bad as some people are making out, we could easily have lost the game but also easily have won it. Andrews is dreadful, wimps out of a tackle and can rarely find a teamate. Just a shame we haven't got anyone else to play in centre mid. Thought Clattenberg had a shocker, Givet seemed to be booked for what looked like a fair 50-50 that he won.

Archived