BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Of Wigan Away

cn174

(Please don't use that word again) this ######... bloody Allardyce idiot,who still cant see that Andrews is useless :angry2:

1. He didnt buy him

2. Who would you play in there when Dunn, Grella, Emerton, Reid are all injured?

Fair result but you cannot blame the strikers as they are not getting the service!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miserable game. Fair result.

We are a nothing team. We're dull, boring and without any belief that we're going to win a game.

All we had was McCarthy and Hoilett vs Wigan defence. Hoilett doesnt have enough physical power or sheer pace to beat players and McCarthy on his own can only do so much.

Roberts was beyond useless, Im genuinely embarrassed to see him in the Rovers shirt, awful player. Di Santo worked hard but never looked like scoring. The midfield is completely devoid of creativity. We had no cohesion, no cutting edge. Without Dunn we're a very very poor team.

We didnt deserve to win the game. I dont blame any one player or selection choice in particular as we do have 2 games in 3 days but if we dont look like causing teams like Wigan any problems then that says it all. Kirkland did nothing until the last 5 minutes of the match.

What a miserable game... Rovers' lack of class was clear for all to see, yet again. We don't have enough going forward to maintain any sort of tempo. McCarthy realized this and started to come deep in the second half, yet he was let down by his team-mates and found his strike-partner isolated.

Robinson - 6 Good save in the first half, but didn't have a lot to do.

*Chimbonda - 5 Not a great return to his old stomping ground.

Nelsen - 5 Did well for the first goal but allowed Rodallega to equalize and looked dodgy afterwards.

Samba - 6 Solid enough and always a threat with his height.

Givet - 6 Did as well as he could, but doesn't push forward enough for a full-back.

**Salgado - 5 Tenacious in the first half but faded after the break.

Andrews - 4 Poor Keith. Woeful distribution. Practically a non-entity whenever he plays.

Nzonzi - 5 Athletic and strong but needs someone to complement him in midfield.

Hoilett - 5 Looks awkward on his unfavoured left.

McCarthy - 7 Rovers' star man. Always looking to link up play, and took his goal well.

***Di Santo - 4 Makes you wonder the hype is all about...

Subs:

*Jacobsen - 6 Didn't notice him - Good sign?

**Pedersen - 5 Same old Gamst.

***Roberts - 5 Huffed and puffed and did booger all.

Having seen all the game I thought we played ok. Nothing spectacular but not as bad as it has been. We were unlucky not to take all 3 points with the Benni overhead kick.

Negative Points

Andrews: Apart from a few decent early passes he was awful.

Salgado: Gave us no width and had no pace to either get forward or back.

Di Santo: Did well but doesn't seem to get the ball to bounce right for him, same for Hoilett.

Benni: Class act.

We need dunny back!

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce: "We are sat here hugely disappointed and very down in the mouth in terms of we know we should have had three points to get us that bit further up the league. We've come out here and matched them in every department."

From the BBC

Extremely poor game of football.

Robinson - 6. Couple of decent saves. Not much he could have done for the goal.

Chimbonda - 5. A nothing game from him. Feel much more confident when Jacobsen is playing instead.

Samba - 7. Solid apart from the lack of communication with Robinson which nearly resulted in an own goal.

Nelsen - 4. Assist for McCarthy's goal but well past his best and at fault for Wigan's goal. Out-jumped and out-classed several times by Rodallega.

Givet - 6. Not a great first half; Insomnia's pace was too much for him. Much better second half when Insomnia switched flanks.

Salgado - 8. A hybrid of Savage and Tugay. Very combative performance and probably our only player who wanted to keep possession. Should not have come off.

N'Zonzi - 6. Solid game. Nothing spectacular. Should have done better with his chance created by McCarthy.

Andrews - 0. Did nothing right and blocked a Rover's goal. There are no words to describe how bad this guy is.

Hoillet - 5. Poor game from him. Not enough conviction when running at players. However, he definitely has talent and the Fat Man should persevere with him,

McCarthy - 8. Our only creative outlet. Needs a proper striker to play with though. DO NOT SELL!

Di Santo - 5. Full of running but never to any avail. Surely Kalinic is due a run now?

Verdict: We desperately need Dunn and Emerton back. Even then, will the Fat Man ever play Dunn in a midfield four? January transfer window could not come sooner if for nothing else other than to shift the dead-weight so we never have to see them in a Rovers shirt again. Andrews, Roberts, Diouf et al., I really hope your days at Ewood are numbered!

A thoroughly fed up Harry Balls.

Extremely poor game of football.

Robinson - 6. Couple of decent saves. Not much he could have done for the goal.

Chimbonda - 5. A nothing game from him. Feel much more confident when Jacobsen is playing instead.

Samba - 7. Solid apart from the lack of communication with Robinson which nearly resulted in an own goal.

Nelsen - 4. Assist for McCarthy's goal but well past his best and at fault for Wigan's goal. Out-jumped and out-classed several times by Rodallega.

Givet - 6. Not a great first half; Insomnia's pace was too much for him. Much better second half when Insomnia switched flanks.

Salgado - 8. A hybrid of Savage and Tugay. Very combative performance and probably our only player who wanted to keep possession. Should not have come off.

N'Zonzi - 6. Solid game. Nothing spectacular. Should have done better with his chance created by McCarthy.

Andrews - 0. Did nothing right and blocked a Rover's goal. There are no words to describe how bad this guy is.

Hoillet - 5. Poor game from him. Not enough conviction when running at players. However, he definitely has talent and the Fat Man should persevere with him,

McCarthy - 8. Our only creative outlet. Needs a proper striker to play with though. DO NOT SELL!

Di Santo - 5. Full of running but never to any avail. Surely Kalinic is due a run now?

Verdict: We desperately need Dunn and Emerton back. Even then, will the Fat Man ever play Dunn in a midfield four? January transfer window could not come sooner if for nothing else other than to shift the dead-weight so we never have to see them in a Rovers shirt again. Andrews, Roberts, Diouf et al., I really hope your days at Ewood are numbered!

A thoroughly fed up Harry Balls.

ok Andrews is not good enough... but a 0 is harsh... he set up the goal!

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce: "We are sat here hugely disappointed and very down in the mouth in terms of we know we should have had three points to get us that bit further up the league. We've come out here and matched them in every department."

From the BBC

15 shots to 8 in favour of wigan

wigan 56% possesion.

passing completion wigan 76% rovers 60%

corners 7-2 wigan

got to love sams spin.

££££££££££

Once again,our lack of Midfield quality,force and creativity is killing us as an effective attacking side.

McCarthy worked his rollocks off today by all accounts but even he cant do it all without the right support and service from this key area......

££££££££££

We ALL know where the problem lays with this side but will Sam and more importantly,the Rovers money men, look to rectify this soon?

££££££££££

ok Andrews is not good enough... but a 0 is harsh... he set up the goal!

No, it was a hopeful punt from the halfway line. It's Nelsen who deserves credit for the assist.

I'm not even taking the ###### when I say this, but I honestly think we would had a better chance today had we played with 10 men.

Andrews is that bad.

Few points before I head out for some drinks:

Nelsen - got caught static again for their goal, good (high) leap by their guy though

Andrews - runs around a lot but sadly lacking quality to make an impact at this level. Had a real verbal spat with Chimbonda in the first half.

Benni - as most of us have been saying, class act and our only proven goal scorer, would be madness to sell him in January

Hoilett - nice to have pace in the team, gives the ball away cheaply too often, but worth persisting with as we need to have someone with some gas in the team (and should improve with games etc)

Di Santo - works hard and shows some nice touches, but I am still unsure if he is doing enough, as said previously how long are we going to wait? Wonder if Sam would consider leaving him out or obviously believes he needs to play every game when fit (or could be part of the condition of his loan contract?). No one else would probably agree but I would not be against Roberts starting in his place (just for one game).

Bit of a rushed overview, overall, we look a solid team at times but shoot ourselves in the foot too easily.

Sour grapes as every team gets injuries, particularly at this time of year, but if we had Dunn (and other midfield men) fit, I could see us pushing higher up the table.

This result puts more pressure on the Sunderland game now, only 2 days away. Team selection will be interesting as Sam may decide to shuffle the pack, then again we are running low on options so there will probably be minimal changes.

As each game goes by, I am more and more disillusioned with the Fat Man.

I am getting more and more disillusioned with some "fans" as games are progressing. It reminds me of some Man Utd fans who are moaning at the defending of their team at the moment (not taking into the account the horrendous injuries)

We are plugging holes at the moment but the constant sniping at Big Sam is getting tedious.

Guest Kamy100

Looking at the table is very depressing, I suggest not doing so. January is going to be a big month at Rovers... we need investment, and we need it now. Also, our goal difference is disgraceful.

I am not glossing over the situation, we are not playing well but looking at the table is not as depressing as last year, yes we are only 3 points clear of the relegation zone, but equally we are only 2 points of 10th. This year the Premier League is short of quality therefore everyone is beating each other and the league is going to remain congested.

I am getting more and more disillusioned with some "fans" as games are progressing. It reminds me of some Man Utd fans who are moaning at the defending of their team at the moment (not taking into the account the horrendous injuries)

We are plugging holes at the moment but the constant sniping at Big Sam is getting tedious.

and youve spent exactly how much over the years following the team?...granted i missed today.

And I am getting more and more disillusioned with some fans who keep viewing the glass as being one tenth full.

Face it, we were awful again today. We can't blame the Fat Man for the performance of some players, but we can blame him for his ineptitude when it comes to realizing how crap some of these players are as well as how poor some of his tactics are and thus not making the appropriate changes.

What pisses me off most about the Fat Man is that he comes out after games like today and tries to make out like we were the better side. That there was nothing wrong with the performance. That statistics such as shots on goal and a greater number of throw-ons are proof of this.

Seriously?!?

• Backroom

I am not glossing over the situation, we are not playing well but looking at the table is not as depressing as last year, yes we are only 3 points clear of the relegation zone, but equally we are only 2 points of 10th. This year the Premier League is short of quality therefore everyone is beating each other and the league is going to remain congested.

It's our performances that worry me, rather than results or points. We genuinely do not look like winning any games, and without Dunn our only hope is the increasingly older Benni McCarthy, rumoured to be leaving in January.

We're all waiting desperately for Dunn to return, but how long until he's out injured again for a couple of months and our form crumbles to nothing?

Investment must be made, we cannot keep relying on a crock to get us out of trouble.

The only thing I will agree with, is that yes the table does not look as depressing as last year. But we couldn't have been at much lower of an ebb that we were last year so I find little solace in that.

Archived