BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Of Wigan Away

cn174

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just get seats in the wigan ends - there will be plenty going spare!

I don't know what their policy is for home matches but I know they would not let me buy some tickets for their away game at Arsenal earlier in the season without a buying history. (My son, who lives in London, wanted to get hold of some tickets to a Premier League game in London that day for some US friends he had over who wanted to see a game and he thought I could probably get them on his behalf with a Preston address and that there would be some available, which there were).

That would be a massive boost. Start him on the right and Hoilett on the left.

Is start him in the middle - we only have NZonzi & Andrews fit for the middle & id rather Emerton than Andrews - go with Hoilett and 1 other on the wings - choice between Diouf, MGP, Doran, Van Herden or Ollson

I'm sorry but with all these injuries to the midfield, we should go 3 up top like we did against chelsea.

Benni just behind Di Santo and Kalinic will do nicely.

Hoilett, Nzonzi and hopefully Emerton in midfield.

The usual suspects at the back.

That sounds more like it presty, attack, attack, attack, and be positive.

Though i'd swap Hoilett for Diouf and play him with Chimbonda on the left with Givet dropped to the bench.

I don't know what their policy is for home matches but I know they would not let me buy some tickets for their away game at Arsenal earlier in the season without a buying history. (My son, who lives in London, wanted to get hold of some tickets to a Premier League game in London that day for some US friends he had over who wanted to see a game and he thought I could probably get them on his behalf with a Preston address and that there would be some available, which there were).

I phoned up for two tickets in the Wigan end this morning. No questions asked, and I was ringing from an 01254 number.

I phoned up for two tickets in the Wigan end this morning. No questions asked, and I was ringing from an 01254 number.

Wigan fans are a decent bunch, providing you dont go wearing colours and shouting your mouth off there shouldnt be a problem.

Any hassle just tell them your a guest of Dave Whelan.

I'm sorry but with all these injuries to the midfield, we should go 3 up top like we did against chelsea.

Benni just behind Di Santo and Kalinic will do nicely.

Hoilett, Nzonzi and hopefully Emerton in midfield.

The usual suspects at the back.

Don't apologise, it would be more fun than the usual 4-5-1 lets hold out for 0 - 0 nonsense.

No we have been using Ewood Park pitch

Ah well assumption and all that.

I read yesterday that Wigan had to get Mr Plow to the training ground as well so hopefully they didn't get it all done with the delays and it may throw a spanner in their preperation for Saturday!!

Here's hoping anyway because it would be great to do to them what they did to us in this fixture last year.

Dunn and Emerton both missing is a huge blow.

I think I'd probably lineup like this:

----------------------------ROBBO-----------------------------

-PASCAL------SAMBA-----NELSEN--------GIVET-

----------------------------NZONZI-----------------------------

-HOILETT----------------------------------------PEDERS-

-------------------------McCARTHY--------------------------

--------------------KALINIC---DiSANTO-------------------

Dunn and Emerton both missing is a huge blow.

I think I'd probably lineup like this:

----------------------------ROBBO-----------------------------

-PASCAL------SAMBA-----NELSEN--------GIVET-

----------------------------NZONZI-----------------------------

-HOILETT----------------------------------------PEDERS-

-------------------------McCARTHY--------------------------

--------------------KALINIC---DiSANTO-------------------

I like the optimism. Can't see it happening, though.

I'm not sure we'd ever win the ball with this team, though, TBH. We'd be completely overrun in the middle of the park leaving Samba/Nelseln exposed.

I've got 2 spare seats on a minibus going from the Bulls head at Brownhill, 10am coming back at 8pm.

If i can tempt anyone PM me.

Sounds like Rovers are going to have a lively 'beered up' boxing day crowd at the DW, should be good the crowd that is.

Archived