BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

**** OFF ON TO YOUR OWN SITE :tu: 73 PAGES OF YOU AND YOUR BURNLEY GIRLFRIENDS ARGUEING OVER MY COYLE IS JUST ABOUT SENDING ME OVER THE EDGE.

You're more than welcome to contribute to Rovers related chat, but this crap is just a waste of space.

Am I learning ABBEY?

Sigh. This thread was started by a Rovers fan. The first contribution by a Bolton fan (me, as it happens) did not come until page 5. Burnley fans began to contribute later when it became apparent that Coyle might be interested in the job. The thread is now 73 pages long and most of its contributors are Rovers fans. The thread is about Bolton Wanderers sacking their manager and ultimately replacing him with Owen Coyle.

GAV. Please read this slowly and take it in. I'm assuming that you haven't got ###### for brains. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Move on? We have mate, focused on Fulham tonight, maybe it will be thirteenth time lucky. If not we have to hope Villa have an off day and we can break our away day hoodoo there.

Then we need 3 points against Pompey in a couple of weeks, that one much like the West Ham game is must win really. That assumes the unthinkable hasn't happened and they've gone completely before then.

One last question to be answered in this mini soap opera, who will get an away win first, Burnley or Owen Coyle? <_<

Owen Coyle visits Ewood very soon, what would be you're preferred outcome Longsiders?

Sigh. This thread was started by a Rovers fan. The first contribution by a Bolton fan (me, as it happens) did not come until page 5. Burnley fans began to contribute later when it became apparent that Coyle might be interested in the job. The thread is now 73 pages long and most of its contributors are Rovers fans. The thread is about Bolton Wanderers sacking their manager and ultimately replacing him with Owen Coyle.

GAV. Please read this slowly and take it in. I'm assuming that you haven't got ###### for brains. :rolleyes:

Listen my plastic Manc friend, this was a thread started by Rovers fans, but has deteriorated into a squabble between burnley and Bolton, which has nowt to do with BLACKBURN ROVERS, so sod off to breezeblock mad and continue you little love in there.

Can't make things any clearer than that.

Owen Coyle visits Ewood very soon, what would be you're preferred outcome Longsiders?

Rovers win - nothing to do with Coyle though, it's all about the relegation battle. Though Rovers are not 100% safe you pretty much have done enough. As such I'm looking for the following teams to lose as many matches as possible - even ones against yourselves (I was in the bizarre situation 2 weeks ago of wishing for you and Liverpool to win - amazing what being in the bottom 3 can do to you):

Wolves

WestHam

Portsmouth

Wigan

Bolton

Hull

To a lesser extent maybe Sunderland as well.

So I'll be singing (though it will damn me for all eternity to hell) 'Come On Blackburn' that game and possibly one or 2 others (not sure who you have yet to play)

Listen my plastic Manc friend, this was a thread started by Rovers fans, but has deteriorated into a squabble between burnley and Bolton, which has nowt to do with BLACKBURN ROVERS, so sod off to breezeblock mad and continue you little love in there.

Can't make things any clearer than that.

Not plastic. Not a Manc. Not your friend. You're on a roll GAV.

And I'll not be sodding off anywhere, unless your site adminstrators tell me to do so. I certainly won't take instructions from a jumped up little bugger like you.

Have a nice day.

And I'll not be sodding off anywhere, unless your site adminstrators tell me to do so. I certainly won't take instructions from a jumped up little bugger like you.

Have a nice day.

:lol::lol:

Rovers win - nothing to do with Coyle though, it's all about the relegation battle. Though Rovers are not 100% safe you pretty much have done enough. As such I'm looking for the following teams to lose as many matches as possible - even ones against yourselves (I was in the bizarre situation 2 weeks ago of wishing for you and Liverpool to win - amazing what being in the bottom 3 can do to you):

Wolves

WestHam

Portsmouth

Wigan

Bolton

Hull

To a lesser extent maybe Sunderland as well.

So I'll be singing (though it will damn me for all eternity to hell) 'Come On Blackburn' that game and possibly one or 2 others (not sure who you have yet to play)

Cheering for Rovers and Liverpool? The other way round could have seen me end up in an asylum... With the wagster...

Interesting post, we are nowhere near out of the mix but are in a far better position than some and I'd rather have played the games in hand and have the few extra points in the bag.

I really do hope, for your own sake, that none of your mates have read that post.

Have a nice day.

Being a Notlobber makes you a Plastic Manc, along with the Warrington & Winsford folk. It's not through choice, it's what you are.

GAV, Zulu can decide whether he takes your advice to sod off, but he can't decide whether we all put him on ignore or not!

Some opposition fans are more than welcome and have valuable input, others just make c*ck's of themselves.

What a quandary, eh Gavin?

You can't just ignore a post by your visiting Wanderers or myself. (You really can't)

But then if you reply, even using one of your 'I'm not really biting' smilies.. you bring it all back up to the top again.

Hmmm... quite a dilemma. What do you reckon?

Some opposition fans are more than welcome and have valuable input, others just make c*ck's of themselves.

Just like Rovers fans. Spooky that.

Or just plain unlucky? :lol:

Cheering for Rovers and Liverpool? The other way round could have seen me end up in an asylum... With the wagster...

Interesting post, we are nowhere near out of the mix but are in a far better position than some and I'd rather have played the games in hand and have the few extra points in the bag.

I really do hope, for your own sake, that none of your mates have read that post.

Feck em if they can't see the logic in what I say. You play Hull next I think and as you pointed out Bolton. Much rather see you take the points from those immediately around us. Give me points on the board ahead of games in hand any day of the week.

Just had a quick shufties and you also have Wolves and Portsmouth to play (not forgetting the big one in March) so as hard as it is I will be hoping for you to take points in all those games (except the one mentioned in March of course)

Time will tell but I do feel that you are unlikely to get dragged right back to the bottom 3 - too many teams need to pick up points on you. I'll be honest I really don't care who is the bottom 3 come the end of the season as long as Burnley are not one of them - though I suspect financially we can cope with relegation far better than most of the candidates, perhaps bar Wolves. It could be a disaster for West Ham (110 million debt), Portsmouth (enough already said), Bolton (circa 55 million debt), Hull (circa 40 million, hard to be sure on their situation). Wigan are in a lot of debt but I think its all to Whelan so they would probably be OK as well.

Feck em if they can't see the logic in what I say. You play Hull next I think and as you pointed out Bolton. Much rather see you take the points from those immediately around us. Give me points on the board ahead of games in hand any day of the week.

Just had a quick shufties and you also have Wolves and Portsmouth to play (not forgetting the big one in March) so as hard as it is I will be hoping for you to take points in all those games (except the one mentioned in March of course)

Time will tell but I do feel that you are unlikely to get dragged right back to the bottom 3 - too many teams need to pick up points on you. I'll be honest I really don't care who is the bottom 3 come the end of the season as long as Burnley are not one of them - though I suspect financially we can cope with relegation far better than most of the candidates, perhaps bar Wolves. It could be a disaster for West Ham (110 million debt), Portsmouth (enough already said), Bolton (circa 55 million debt), Hull (circa 40 million, hard to be sure on their situation). Wigan are in a lot of debt but I think its all to Whelan so they would probably be OK as well.

I reckon our debt starts with a 6 not a 5. It's very worrying Longsider. The vast majority of it is owed to one man, our owner Eddie Davies. So we're in a similar boat to Wiggin in that respect. A leaky old boat, it must be said! I'm not convinced that it's a good thing to have that level of indebtedness to anyone - even a fan such as Whelan or Davies. There's a big bubble about to burst in English football, I fear. (Hope I'm wrong.)

I reckon our debt starts with a 6 not a 5. It's very worrying Longsider. The vast majority of it is owed to one man, our owner Eddie Davies. So we're in a similar boat to Wiggin in that respect. A leaky old boat, it must be said! I'm not convinced that it's a good thing to have that level of indebtedness to anyone - even a fan such as Whelan or Davies. There's a big bubble about to burst in English football, I fear. (Hope I'm wrong.)

Not sure Davies is such a fan - believe he charges you around 10% interest (Whelans loans are interest free as far as I have read)

Also worryingly for you is that Davies, wealthy as he is, is not even in the same league as Whelan (according to press reports), let alone the big boys such as Man City and Chelski have. Not sure how much more he will be willing to put in so a drop from the Prem could see quite a fire sale at the Reebok

Not sure Davies is such a fan - believe he charges you around 10% interest (Whelans loans are interest free as far as I have read)

Also worryingly for you is that Davies, wealthy as he is, is not even in the same league as Whelan (according to press reports), let alone the big boys such as Man City and Chelski have. Not sure how much more he will be willing to put in so a drop from the Prem could see quite a fire sale at the Reebok

I'm very sure that Whelan's not that soft either. He'll be swinging the axe down at the Pie Dome if they get relegated. We'll see what happens. A fire sale is inevitable - for virtually all the clubs involved in the relegation battle. I just hope that that's as bad as it gets.

I'm very sure that Whelan's not that soft either. He'll be swinging the axe down at the Pie Dome if they get relegated. We'll see what happens. A fire sale is inevitable - for virtually all the clubs involved in the relegation battle. I just hope that that's as bad as it gets.

There would be no need for a fire sale at Burnley Zulu - of course one or 2 players will be targets for other clubs but we will be in a strong position to negotiate reasonable tranfer fees for them.

I do agree football seems to be balanced upon a precipice at the moment. In some respects it may take a club like Portsmouth going (not that I would wish that on the fans of any club) before clubs take stock and start spending within their means. Other wise the clubs will keep blowing up that balloon to see just how much air it will hold before it bursts with a huge great bang.

I don't think it will be 'as bad as it gets'. Things have to happen in the Premier League before significant action is taken and I think things will eventually get worse. The Rovers low debt, Burnley low wages approach may well be the salvation of our clubs. The 'big' clubs with massive debt will have some sort of intervention to save them I've no doubt, I'm talking Man U, Liverpool etc, but the rest of the teams who have large debts can't maintain the approach forever. Something has to give.

Spooky Longsiders... :)

Being a Notlobber makes you a Plastic Manc, AMEN

Some opposition fans are more than welcome and have valuable input, others just make c*ck's of themselves. AMEN

What a quandary, eh Gavin?

You can't just ignore a post by your visiting Wanderers or myself. (You really can't)

But then if you reply, even using one of your 'I'm not really biting' smilies.. you bring it all back up to the top again.

Hmmm... quite a dilemma. What do you reckon?

Gavin eh :rock:

How are you my trumpet polishing friend :tu:

Hardly heard a word from you since the mauling at our place.

Lets just hope it's not one of our North West clubs that goes bump. We may not have the fan base and catchment area of most of the big fashionable clubs but we are passionate about our teams and have a hell of a lot of history between us.

Pompey and Hull being relegated will certainly spell the end for Pompey, and Hull won't be so far behind. I makes me feel so much better about my club that, just like your clubs, we didn't go mental and make the silly signings so many people were posting about on this very message board. Live to our means, it will be tough but it's good to have close neighbours involved for the banter. Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton, Wigan in the Prem. Who'd have thought it would happen when the Premier League was founded in 1992? I'd love to see Blackpool and Preston up too, but not at our expense!

Anyway, back the the abuse, I hope none of you're sh*thouse clubs get more points than us this week!

Lets just hope it's not one of our North West clubs that goes bump. We may not have the fan base and catchment area of most of the big fashionable clubs but we are passionate about our teams and have a hell of a lot of history between us.

Pompey and Hull being relegated will certainly spell the end for Pompey, and Hull won't be so far behind. I makes me feel so much better about my club that, just like your clubs, we didn't go mental and make the silly signings so many people were posting about on this very message board. Live to our means, it will be tough but it's good to have close neighbours involved for the banter. Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton, Wigan in the Prem. Who'd have thought it would happen when the Premier League was founded in 1992? I'd love to see Blackpool and Preston up too, but not at our expense!

Anyway, back the the abuse, I hope none of you're sh*thouse clubs get more points than us this week!

A quick question. As appears likely, IF Liverpool and ManUre were to go into administration and go throught the worst (perhaps following the likes of Leeds and Notts Forest), would that be a ood think for the likes of us, Burnley, Wigan and Bolton (possibly even the NW teams in the lower leagues in terms of fan support/catchment?

A quick question. As appears likely, IF Liverpool and ManUre were to go into administration and go throught the worst (perhaps following the likes of Leeds and Notts Forest), would that be a ood think for the likes of us, Burnley, Wigan and Bolton (possibly even the NW teams in the lower leagues in terms of fan support/catchment?

Doubt it myself, just think the kind of people who 'support' those teams would not join us unless we were winning the league on a regular basis, (see IT doesn't bite).

Doubt it myself, just think the kind of people who 'support' those teams would not join us unless we were winning the league on a regular basis, (see IT doesn't bite).

Just a reference to the dingle-ness ;). And I guess that's true. But without those teams winning or being successful, I'd think at least those from the NW will still pick more locally. And from elsewhere they may pick their own local side? Or maybe the morals of the local fans such as you and I are too complex to understand.

Having said that, I admit it's double standards to then welcome foreign fans who support our team. I certainly wouldnt discourage them from doing so.

Just a reference to the dingle-ness ;). And I guess that's true. But without those teams winning or being successful, I'd think at least those from the NW will still pick more locally. And from elsewhere they may pick their own local side? Or maybe the morals of the local fans such as you and I are too complex to understand.

Having said that, I admit it's double standards to then welcome foreign fans who support our team. I certainly wouldnt discourage them from doing so.

Don't really understand why someone from Blackburn or Burnley would walk about in, say, a manure shirt, maybe they feel they are such a loser in real life they try to assosiate witha very succesfull club. To me it would be like going to your childs school sports day, saying 'my lad has done so well to get to the final, but the lad in the next lane is county champion so I am going to support him.

Anyway it can't give the same level of feeling as supporting your own. I don't understand them so can't guess what they would do.

Our foreign fans usually have some connection and arn't just in it as glory hunters.

Don't really understand why someone from Blackburn or Burnley would walk about in, say, a manure shirt, maybe they feel they are such a loser in real life they try to assosiate witha very succesfull club. To me it would be like going to your childs school sports day, saying 'my lad has done so well to get to the final, but the lad in the next lane is county champion so I am going to support him.

Anyway it can't give the same level of feeling as supporting your own. I don't understand them so can't guess what they would do.

Our foreign fans usually have some connection and arn't just in it as glory hunters.

Even those who don't have a connection can't be gloryhunters, or they support the wrong clubs!

I don't think any of the 'real' clubs in the NW would benefit. The followers of Man Utd & Liverpool couldn't handle the rollercoaster ride of following unfashionable clubs.

For a start the corporate brigade would soon vacate the NW and concentrate on the capital and the media would concentrate on the big clubs down south too.

I wouldn't shed a tear for the followers of the big clubs if they went down, I'd feel more for the Pompey and Hull fans who are by no means glory hunters.

The news from West Ham put a smile on my face tonight, players to take a 25% pay cut in the summer? I can't see Big Mac hanging around there...

Archived