BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

What a disgrace that they haven't made a contingency plan. They should have had an announcement ready about when the Rovers v Bolton game would be played in the event of an FA Cup replay being required. Fans (especially us poor sods who travel hundreds of miles to get to home games) are the last consideration.

Instead, we have to wait until Monday to find out.

Amateurs.

Agree its not good that a decision hasn't already been made as to what would happen should Bolton need a reply but the news on the Rovers site say its a premier league decision and will be made on monday. Seems out of Rovers hands

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1965695,00.html

I thought clubs would need to give police etc more than 5 days notice to prepare for a game though?

Could they not have the replay on the Thursday night and move the Bolton and Spurs games the following weekend to the Sunday? Possibility there.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree its not good that a decision hasn't already been made as to what would happen should Bolton need a reply but the news on the Rovers site say its a premier league decision and will be made on monday. Seems out of Rovers hands

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1965695,00.html

I thought clubs would need to give police etc more than 5 days notice to prepare for a game though?

Could they not have the replay on the Thursday night and move the Bolton and Spurs games the following weekend to the Sunday? Possibility there.

Yep - my rant was aimed at the FA/Premier League muppets - I appreciate that Rovers are at their mercy, but they really should have had an announcement pre-prepared. I'm fairly certain the Police etc will already have been consulted, the problem will be the pen pushers aren't back to work until tomorrow...........

If it's moved back to Saturday then I can go, I'd just like to know asap to allow me to grovel to the missus er I mean make my travel arrangements.

Guest Kamy100

I think that the police issue has been sorted out because Rovers have been liaising with them knowing that there was a possibility that the game may need to be switched if Bolton had a reply. I would suspect that the game will be moved back to Saturday or Sunday. All of this is out of Rovers hand, these matters are decided by the Premier League.

Quite surprising that the highly rated Coyle hasn't had the normal sort of temporary "new manager bounce" effect you norjmally expect when a new manager comes in.

Wonder if he is having trouble getting the Bolton players to successfully adapt to his style of play.

Bit like Sam in reverse here some might argue.

Quite surprising that the highly rated Coyle hasn't had the normal sort of temporary "new manager bounce" effect you norjmally expect when a new manager comes in.

Wonder if he is having trouble getting the Bolton players to successfully adapt to his style of play.

Bit like Sam in reverse here some might argue.

Think Bolton are playing a lot better now. It looks more like its just down to the quality of certain individuals in their team thats preventing them from progressing further.

We are in for a good game at Ewood when we play them next.

I think that the police issue has been sorted out because Rovers have been liaising with them knowing that there was a possibility that the game may need to be switched if Bolton had a reply. I would suspect that the game will be moved back to Saturday or Sunday. All of this is out of Rovers hand, these matters are decided by the Premier League.

And would that mean another match switched to Mon night? I think it's too late for such. BRFC would surely object too cos the Dubai break and training regime will have been geared to playing Mon night. Also I'd imagine other teams would object to a late switch too. Best option is for Bolton to play Spuds the following Thursday imo.

I'm told that Bolton's debt is actually owed to their owner (Abramovic-style) rather than the bank so unless he pulls the plug, relegation wouldn't hurt them as much as it would us...

I read the same but you are never sure just who owes what these days. I also read he charges 10% interest on the debt - though can't remember where so can't be sure how true that is.

You are duly slagged, how dare you. :D

I for one enjoy the input from other fans, there are somedecent ones come on here, yes even you longsiders. So keep coming back, it's what football's about.

Blue you are mellowing in your old age - I always knew you had a soft spot for me really

I feel very offended by that, and any other comments aimed towards the Muslims. Ive seen quite a bit of comments, where the Muslim faith is mentioned. Truly disgusting!

So Mancs,Scousers,Dingles,Brummies,Taffys,Jocks,Chavs,Dole dossers,Interbreds...etc etc are all fair game, but now we can't mention the word muslims? Get a grip icers! Don't be so bloody touchy.

Message to Mr Nixon:

Your chum's golden managerial halo appears to be slipping somewhat.

His Bolton team looked poor today and are firmly embedded in a desperate relegation scrap.

Meanwhile the team he left behind are in apparent freefall after a promising start and look doomed to the drop.

So why is he regarded as one of the best young managers in the game and a possible successor to Fergie ?

Or is it just possible that his teams no better than those of Tony Mowbray, nice football but destined to fail ?

Or is he is no better than Paul Ince ? laugh.giflaugh.gif

I do think Owen Coyle will make a good manager but he's made a big, big error of judgement in moving across to Bolton and doing what he's doing.

To try and change the way a team plays during a season in which theyre battling relegation - especially going from a direct approach to a more flowing passing approach - is a highly risky strategy. It might have been okay if they were mid table, could survive a dip whilst the players got used to the new strategy, or if it was done between seasons where players would have pre season friendlies to get used to it.

:D

Message to Mr Nixon:

His Bolton team looked poor today and are firmly embedded in a desperate relegation scrap.

Meanwhile the team he left behind are in apparent freefall after a promising start and look doomed to the drop.

So why is he regarded as one of the best young managers in the game and a possible successor to Fergie ?

Or is it just possible that his teams no better than those of Tony Mowbray, nice football but destined to fail ?

Not wanting to blow Owens Trumpet :D , but the guy has only been in post 5wks or so, give him a chance Jim :D

Message to Mr Nixon:

Dont forget nicko said Kevin Davies could be a strong possibility for England, now that was taking the pish.

But at the end of the day IF, Bolton and Burnley end up being relegated, we'll all be cheering Owen Coyles name as such is the dark humour of the Blackburners.

we'll all be cheering Owen Coyles name as such is the dark humour of the Blackburners.

I was doing the very same thing today, couldn't understand the negative comments, he's a legend in our house already!

If burnley do go down he's being elevated to John Bond status and going above our bed!

:D

Not wanting to blow Owens Trumpet :D , but the guy has only been in post 5wks or so, give him a chance Jim :D

The problem with Owen appointment is that Bolton needed a manager to keep them up a Sam kind of figure not someone who is going to come in and change the way they play its too much too expect them to change the way they play, pick up points and scamper away from the relegation places.

They may go down but im certain under Coyle they will be back back up, the problem lies with the fans and their patience, Bolton have had so many seasons of playing a certain way instead of changing that he needs to fix the simple things first, one thing is so sure Davies will not fit in coyles football plans and playing him at the moment is Coyles first mistake.

The problem with Owen appointment is that Bolton needed a manager to keep them up a Sam kind of figure not someone who is going to come in and change the way they play its too much too expect them to change the way they play, pick up points and scamper away from the relegation places.

Exactly.

He's trying to change the whole style of play without a transition period, he's just gone for a complete reversal in style straight away and it's obvious the players aren't up to it.

Most managers would have identified Andrews as the weak link at centre back, put Davies on him and terrorised him with aerial passes. Not Coyle though, he didn't even attempt it. I'm not saying he's a bad manager because that's obviously not true, but he hasn't grasped the idea of playing to your team's strengths.

Remember when Hughes came to us? Our best qualities were strength, work rate and commitment, so he played our tactics to suit that and we survived...then he built on it and slowly got the team playing how he wanted. Coyle has skipped the initial ground work and is trying to get Bolton to run before they can walk.

Archived