BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

Not sure we've got any grounds to be mocking other clubs' attendances. Or is this just part of the chain of attendance bullyism?

Posts like this get you into that bizarre clique mob on here. Let us know who you're trying to impress, because you look a bit of a tool now :wacko:

Thanks for that Tombro, Not sure what your problem is with me having a issues with zulu's worthless posts that are off topic and are personal insults to fellow members? Nobody is trying to impress anybody here, maybe that's something you do but personally I just give my opinion whether people like it or not, that's my understanding of the use of messageboards, especially BRFCSupporters Internet Site!!! :blink:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

As away supporters on here go, Zulu is one of the good guys!

There are a couple of Bumley fans and even one or two Villa ones who can 'get on one's tits' but not 'ol Vince...!

Bit of banter and he couldn't handle it, he was fine dishing it out, but then did a Houdini.

Thanks for that Tombro, Not sure what your problem is with me having a issues with zulu's worthless posts that are off topic and are personal insults to fellow members? Nobody is trying to impress anybody here, maybe that's something you do but personally I just give my opinion whether people like it or not, that's my understanding of the use of messageboards, especially BRFCSupporters Internet Site!!! :blink:

Just because it's a Rovers board doesn't make it any better for Rovers fans to sound off like cretins (not referring to you at all unlucky but just in general). I've never understood that theory - just because it's a Rovers mb does that make us superior to fans of other clubs? Are our opinions better? Do we sound less like numpties when we argue badly? Are they somehow less welcome than us? Granted there are some blatant WUMs from other clubs but a lot of decent folk too. There are a lot of Rovers fans' views that make a lot less sense than the stuff said by the likes of Zulu, longsighters and ffan. Some of the stuff directed between rival fans is cringeworthy. Enjoyable banter is good, but bad banter is rubbish and a little embarassing.

Just because it's a Rovers board doesn't make it any better for Rovers fans to sound off like cretins (not referring to you at all unlucky but just in general). I've never understood that theory - just because it's a Rovers mb does that make us superior to fans of other clubs? Are our opinions better? Do we sound less like numpties when we argue badly? Are they somehow less welcome than us? Granted there are some blatant WUMs from other clubs but a lot of decent folk too. There are a lot of Rovers fans' views that make a lot less sense than the stuff said by the likes of Zulu, longsighters and ffan. Some of the stuff directed between rival fans is cringeworthy. Enjoyable banter is good, but bad banter is rubbish and a little embarassing.

Fair comment, I've not noticed, or took too much notice of, zulu's comment until recently and only registered the pointless garbage that is way off topic. However it is good to have the banter and even better to have the view from opposition fans.

I do think that being a Rovers supporters messageboard should make it a little superior to Rovers fans as it is 'our territory' and we are here as Rovers fans. I see it as being collectively our site for our opinions on everything Rovers and not Rovers.

Anyway, back on topic... A month after Coyle's move across Lancashire into Greater Manchester, what are the respective fans views if any? I know it's early days but there must have been noticeable changes of style of football and the approach to games at both clubs.

To be fair I'd prefer both teams to stay up for the healthy North West Premiership rivalry.

Fair comment, I've not noticed, or took too much notice of, zulu's comment until recently and only registered the pointless garbage that is way off topic. However it is good to have the banter and even better to have the view from opposition fans.

I do think that being a Rovers supporters messageboard should make it a little superior to Rovers fans as it is 'our territory' and we are here as Rovers fans. I see it as being collectively our site for our opinions on everything Rovers and not Rovers.

Anyway, back on topic... A month after Coyle's move across Lancashire into Greater Manchester, what are the respective fans views if any? I know it's early days but there must have been noticeable changes of style of football and the approach to games at both clubs.

To be fair I'd prefer both teams to stay up for the healthy North West Premiership rivalry.

So would I but I don't think it'll happen. Coyle's move was a bad move for both sides imo. Bolton will have to rely on Wolves and Hull fecking up, but they aren't that great themselves. Coyle is trying implement his style too quickly on the players rather than the re-building job that's required. He will get there, but I think he might have slipped up.

You've missed the point by a country mile.

This is a messageboard and everyone is welcome, but you do run the risk of having the odd spat with the locals if you’re from a rival club.

You run the risk even more, when you turn a debate into an argument between bolton and burnley on a Blackburn site.

Hope that’s clears things up :tu:

You've missed the point by a country mile.

This is a messageboard and everyone is welcome, but you do run the risk of having the odd spat with the locals if you’re from a rival club.

You run the risk even more, when you turn a debate into an argument between bolton and burnley on a Blackburn site.

Hope that’s clears things up :tu:

Of course there's going to be a bit of banter between rival fans. That's a good thing (although interpretations of banter clearly vary - in my mind it's supposed to be funny rather than aggressive, but that's a point of view thing). There's been some pretty good chat here over the years.

I just don't see why people get wound up if the conversation isn't about Rovers. Fair enough if some Chelsea and Arsenal fans are going at each other it would be annoying because that has nothing to do with anyone but Burnley and Bolton are two of our closest rivals so it isn't really the same. We've all had a good laugh over the Coyle situation so we may as well find out how the whole situation is developing. Plus this is all on a topic about Megson and Coyle - it isn't like a thread has been hijacked.

I think the whole "England is for the English" attitude is a tad unnecessary, that's all.

Of course there's going to be a bit of banter between rival fans. That's a good thing (although interpretations of banter clearly vary - in my mind it's supposed to be funny rather than aggressive, but that's a point of view thing). There's been some pretty good chat here over the years.

I just don't see why people get wound up if the conversation isn't about Rovers. Fair enough if some Chelsea and Arsenal fans are going at each other it would be annoying because that has nothing to do with anyone but Burnley and Bolton are two of our closest rivals so it isn't really the same. We've all had a good laugh over the Coyle situation so we may as well find out how the whole situation is developing. Plus this is all on a topic about Megson and Coyle - it isn't like a thread has been hijacked.

I think the whole "England is for the English" attitude is a tad unnecessary, that's all.

We'll agree to disagree then.

If I wanted to read about Tony Scholes, Steve Cotterill et al, I’d frequent the burnley site.

Then the bolton version of Harry Houdini starts throwing mud, and can’t hack it when some is thrown back.

:lol:

As away supporters on here go, Zulu is one of the good guys!

I'd totally agree with your opinion Jisty.

Must say I'd love Coyle fo fall flat on his face and see Bolton relegated. If that were to happen though with their level of debt it might just see em off! :unsure:

I can't really comment too much on the Bolton side of things - though results have not exactly been stellar at the Reebok and the highlights I've seen of their games have not suggested a massive improvement in their football as yet. I will admit to enjoying Coyles squirming after his 'it was assault' comment looked like scuppering the Wilshere loan.

From our side, mmm. Laws was not exactly high on my wish list but he's what we have. I try to bear in mind we lost not just Coyle but the entire coaching first team including scouts etc, as such the incoming manager did not have anybody to lean on for help and advice on the squad. Looking for positives then it is clear Laws has identified our severe defensive frailties and is trying to address them. Furthermore we spent more than Bolton in the window which was a suprise. So far performances have seemed disjointed with a couple of games being truly awful and no real sign of an improvement in our away day performances. Laws seems to prefer 4 4 2 but I think away from home we do not have the personnel for that and should be going 4 5 1.

Thankfully other teams around us have not been able to pull away from us so we at least still have a slim chance of staying up. I'm happy to be honest and say I'd rather be watching Coyles team at the moment but I'm willing to give Laws time - well I say that, as though I have a choice.

Must say I'd love Coyle fo fall flat on his face and see Bolton relegated. If that were to happen though with their level of debt it might just see em off! :unsure:

I'm told that Bolton's debt is actually owed to their owner (Abramovic-style) rather than the bank so unless he pulls the plug, relegation wouldn't hurt them as much as it would us...

You're right, of course. I'm so pleased that you have explained it to me. I'll not post on the BRFCS forum again. I'm sorry to have caused you so much angst with my worthless views over the last three years.

This will be a far better forum henceforth.

Bye all. ;)

You wouldn't be able to help yourself in Bolton beat us at Ewood.

I'd totally agree with your opinion Jisty.

I'm with you on this. Probably get slagged for this, but if the last spot came down to Burnley and Bolton, I'd rather have Bolton go down. Coyle would fall on his face and we'd have 2 more derbys.

You're right, of course. I'm so pleased that you have explained it to me. I'll not post on the BRFCS forum again. I'm sorry to have caused you so much angst with my worthless views over the last three years.

This will be a far better forum henceforth.

Bye all. ;)

I'm sorry you've got the hump Zulu. When you've calmed down a bit I hope you change your mind and give us the benefit of your Bolton insights. I don't go with this " it's a local site for local people."

I'm with you on this. Probably get slagged for this, but if the last spot came down to Burnley and Bolton, I'd rather have Bolton go down. Coyle would fall on his face and we'd have 2 more derbys.

You are duly slagged, how dare you. :D

I for one enjoy the input from other fans, there are somedecent ones come on here, yes even you longsiders. So keep coming back, it's what football's about.

Guest Kamy100

Bolton's draw with Tottenham means that our game with Bolton will now be switched, most likely to Saturday, good news for Rovers are Bolton have a critical game against Wigan on Wednesday night so gives them little time to prepare for Rovers, our players should be refreshed after their "training" camp in Dubai.

Bolton's draw with Tottenham means that our game with Bolton will now be switched, most likely to Saturday, good news for Rovers are Bolton have a critical game against Wigan on Wednesday night so gives them little time to prepare for Rovers, our players should be refreshed after their "training" camp in Dubai.

What a disgrace that they haven't made a contingency plan. They should have had an announcement ready about when the Rovers v Bolton game would be played in the event of an FA Cup replay being required. Fans (especially us poor sods who travel hundreds of miles to get to home games) are the last consideration.

Instead, we have to wait until Monday to find out.

Amateurs.

What a disgrace that they haven't made a contingency plan. They should have had an announcement ready about when the Rovers v Bolton game would be played in the event of an FA Cup replay being required. Fans (especially us poor sods who travel hundreds of miles to get to home games) are the last consideration.

Instead, we have to wait until Monday to find out.

Amateurs.

If it's moved it completely buggers my plans up. Moved things around to go the game on the Monday night. As if!!

So having not been able to book my train for the monday game as I can't get home, they are now going to move it back again at the last minute. Mind you at least I will get to go to this one. I suppose the Brum game will be midweek now as well.

Archived