BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

He was no more than a fairly good Championship manager,for which he was very well paid, but without BFC its Directors, Fans and Staff he would still be scrapping a living in some Scotish backwater, I mean who outside Scotland even knew where St. Johnstone was before we made him?

Perth? :huh:

Owen Coyle proved himself as a very good championship manager. He turned a nothing club like Bumley into a team that won promotion out of the championship.......all without the help & financial support of the Dingle directors. Would he not have stayed at t`turd if the club had backed his premiership team with hard cash this season? They wouldn`t even buy Nugent FFS!

Owen Coyle & any other decent ambitious manager would do the same if they`d performed miracles with little money, earned the club millions & then got told "there`s nowt for the squad" by the board........they`d fook off too!!

Anyway, back down to 12k crowds next term eh? ;)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dingles are now learning about the reality of life in the Premier League.

They lost narrowly in a bitter local bruiser of a game they would have drawn on another day and slip from 15th into the relegation zone,

...and next up are Chelsea :lol:

Yeah, not a game we would have earmarked for 3 points

The dingles are now learning about the reality of life in the Premier League.

They lost narrowly in a bitter local bruiser of a game they would have drawn on another day and slip from 15th into the relegation zone,

...and next up are Chelsea :lol:

We learnt about the reality of the Premier League a long long time before Tuesday!

Owen Coyle proved himself as a very good championship manager. He turned a nothing club like Bumley into a team that won promotion out of the championship.......

Yes he did, but lets be clear we were only the 5th best team in the Championship

all without the help & financial support of the Dingle directors. Would he not have stayed at t`turd if the club had backed his premiership team with hard cash this season? They wouldn`t even buy Nugent FFS!

Why speak about things you clearly don't understand. He was backed and, relative to the clubs income in a massive way, so much so we made a huge loss, around 12 million. Small change in prem maybe but a lot of money to a club with a turnover around 11 million (our wage bill was huge)

Timing is everything - we won't know from his side of things whether Coyle got his timing right or not but we do know from ours it could not have been much worse.

It's heart warming to see the reappearance of so many of our six fingered friends on here again who'll be scuttling off to their little holes come March.

Particularly pathetic is the sniping at a journalist who in reality played no part in the leaving of Moses.

You're heading straight back where you belong in the lower reaches of the Football League where you can resume you're fierce rivalry with Bury, Oldham and Rochdale.

An interesting and overall fair take on the game for all those interested:

http://www.thelongside.info/content/view/895/116/

As for the Lucas comment - I just think those that live in glass houses and all that. In all honesty I haven't seen the tackle so (and yes I realise I sound like Wenger) I can' really comment - I don't want to end up with egg on my face suggesting it was an assault only to have to retract later because I've upset a manager at one of the big 4 do I?

All that link demonstrates is the complete lack of self awareness that afflicts so many of your fellow Dingles. Empty seats at The Reebok - no mention of empty seats at the tiny turf, over physical Bolton - no mention of Elliot's horror challenge, Bolton's history of direct football - no mention of the "football" Burnley played for years under the management of that Dingle hero Stan Ternant.

Like you say Longsiders, glass houses.

All that link demonstrates is the complete lack of self awareness that afflicts so many of your fellow Dingles. Empty seats at The Reebok - no mention of empty seats at the tiny turf, over physical Bolton - no mention of Elliot's horror challenge, Bolton's history of direct football - no mention of the "football" Burnley played for years under the management of that Dingle hero Stan Ternant.

Like you say Longsiders, glass houses.

Few empty seats at the turf this season.

One challenge from Elliot as opposed to a decade of kicking teams off the pitch for Bolton

Football under Stan? Actually played a really good blend did Stan, a mix of styles as the situation called for it.

Anything else? You talk about a lack of self awareness, I think you should get yourself back down from Button Moon and look closer to home Mr Spoon

Lets be clear we were only the 5th best team in the Championship.

Why speak about things you clearly don't understand. He was backed and, relative to the clubs income in a massive way, so much so we made a huge loss, around 12 million. Small change in prem maybe but a lot of money to a club with a turnover around 11 million (our wage bill was huge)

Minus £2 million in transfer fees for the season. Wage bill smaller than most in the top half.

And you want to have a good closer look at those payroll figures before you start coming away with tosh.

Yeah, fifth was failure. As was the Carling Cup run to the semis.

In fact, he should probably have been sacked after that shocking campaign.

Few empty seats at the turf this season.

One challenge from Elliot as opposed to a decade of kicking teams off the pitch for Bolton

Football under Stan? Actually played a really good blend did Stan, a mix of styles as the situation called for it.

Anything else? You talk about a lack of self awareness, I think you should get yourself back down from Button Moon and look closer to home Mr Spoon

Given that this is your first season in the Premier League and your fisrt in the top flight since the old king died there shouldn't be a single empty seat in a stadium that has the capacity of a medium sized cinema.

As you mentioned, you havn't seen the Elliot "challenge". Best you do before further comment to save yourself from looking daft.

I dont think many will buy "your really good blend" Blarney, Bolton fans used to say the same about Allardyce.

As for my own and my fellow Rovers fans self awareness, well I think as a group of supporters we pretty much have ourr feet on the ground given that our club is one only four Premiership winners. We certainly dont go in for perpetuating myths about being a huge club, playing wonderful football with huge support. We leave that to you.

Owen Coyle proved himself as a very good championship manager. He turned a nothing club like Bumley into a team that won promotion out of the championship.......all without the help & financial support of the Dingle directors. Would he not have stayed at t`turd if the club had backed his premiership team with hard cash this season? They wouldn`t even buy Nugent FFS!

Owen Coyle & any other decent ambitious manager would do the same if they`d performed miracles with little money, earned the club millions & then got told "there`s nowt for the squad" by the board........they`d fook off too!!

Anyway, back down to 12k crowds next term eh? ;)

Perth, Gold Star for Cletus (only took 26 and a half hours as well, impressed)

He had plenty of financial backing from the board last season. broke the clubs transfer record twice (Patterson then eagles)

Pompey want 3 and a half million for Nugent! No club has agreed to pay that, why should we, when we can get him on loan, have them pay most of his wage, then get him for sod all if they go bust, if not just wait for his contract to run down, he is worth less by the day.

Reading the Dingle comments at the start of the season when they were flying high, and reading it now is well funny. This is what happens, when you try and compare Burnley with Blackburn. Its like comparing babies to giants.

Minus £2 million in transfer fees for the season. Wage bill smaller than most in the top half.

And you want to have a good closer look at those payroll figures before you start coming away with tosh.

Yeah, fifth was failure. As was the Carling Cup run to the semis.

In fact, he should probably have been sacked after that shocking campaign.

Where did I say 5th was a failure? I didn't. Last season was my best as a Burnley fan, and in truth the success' was the icing on the cake of the wonderful football I got to watch. This season had also been considerably better than I had dreamed it could have been. That I feel let down and betrayed that the manager jumped ship mid January is fairly understandable to most football fans, certainly to those without their own agenda.

Closer look at the wage figures? Not sure I need to as they are in the clubs audited accounts, for the record the staff costs were 13.4 million which yes did include promotion bonuses. Also in those accounts it records a pre tax loss of 11.7 million. I guess as you can't spin those facts you merely try to create confusion and sling a bit of mud to cloud the issue. The facts are, that cost alone was more than our turnover, hardly a picture of a club not trying to back its manager.

An interesting and overall fair take on the game for all those interested:

http://www.thelongside.info/content/view/895/116/

A fair take on the game? You do have televisions in Burnley, don't you? The goal was not offside. Chungy was played onside by one of the mastodons in your back four as he trundled into position. He must have been a yard onside when the pass was drilled through. Did you notice, by the way, that the pass cut you to bits and it wasn't hoofed over the top? Funny that.

The goal wasn't two inches over the line. It was about two feet over the line. Having said that, two inches would have been as much of a goal. What is your point here?

As for Ellott's tackle. It was a bad one. He was lucky to stay on the park. As for us kicking people off the park for ten years? The statistics don't back you up, I'm afraid. Our red and yellow card count is pretty unspectacular really.

But you mustn't let the facts spoil your story, eh?

Never mind. All the furore has now died down and both you and we can get on with coming to terms with our new managerial teams. Enjoy! (I know I will.)

Where did I say 5th was a failure? I didn't. Last season was my best as a Burnley fan, and in truth the success' was the icing on the cake of the wonderful football I got to watch. This season had also been considerably better than I had dreamed it could have been. That I feel let down and betrayed that the manager jumped ship mid January is fairly understandable to most football fans, certainly to those without their own agenda.

Closer look at the wage figures? Not sure I need to as they are in the clubs audited accounts, for the record the staff costs were 13.4 million which yes did include promotion bonuses. Also in those accounts it records a pre tax loss of 11.7 million. I guess as you can't spin those facts you merely try to create confusion and sling a bit of mud to cloud the issue. The facts are, that cost alone was more than our turnover, hardly a picture of a club not trying to back its manager.

Longsiders,

I have much respect for you as a true football fan and if your comments are true, which I have no doubt they are, then they have backed their manager, what I dont think many Burnley fans truly understand is the dire fincial state they were in pre Coyle!

Yes, I would be gutted too if a successful manager left Rovers, we have had lots taken from us in the past, Hughes, Lee, Furphy, Smith, Kendall to name a few, not nice and I understand your point there!! However, I think to try and compete at Prem level on Championship wages is one hell of an ask and this is where I think Coyle felt there was a problem, he couldnt take the club any further and as he has stated, would probably have been sacked at some stage, so like all of us, strike whilst the iron is hot and you have some value!

The costs included all staff, NOT just the players or management.

And did they really get those bonuses in that financial year?

A fair take on the game? You do have televisions in Burnley, don't you? The goal was not offside. Chungy was played onside by one of the mastodons in your back four as he trundled into position. He must have been a yard onside when the pass was drilled through. Did you notice, by the way, that the pass cut you to bits and it wasn't hoofed over the top? Funny that.

The goal wasn't two inches over the line. It was about two feet over the line. Having said that, two inches would have been as much of a goal. What is your point here?

As for Ellott's tackle. It was a bad one. He was lucky to stay on the park. As for us kicking people off the park for ten years? The statistics don't back you up, I'm afraid. Our red and yellow card count is pretty unspectacular really.

Never mind. All the furore has now died down and both you and we can get on with coming to terms with our new managerial teams. Enjoy! (I know I will.)

We all know it was onside, and as you say as long as all the ball is over all the line it doesn't matter a ###### how far over.

Was at the game so I havn't seen Elliots 'tackle' other than in the flesh, honestly didn't look as bad to me as the one by, I think, the Korean guy with the funny hair on Elliot late in the game but as I say I havn't seen all the angles, just the game live, the big screen replays and the goal on youtube.

Don't be too sure that you will enjoy, you just might come down to earth with a bump, anyway we have enough of our own problems without bothering about yours.

We all know it was onside, and as you say as long as all the ball is over all the line it doesn't matter a ###### how far over.

Was at the game so I havn't seen Elliots 'tackle' other than in the flesh, honestly didn't look as bad to me as the one by, I think, the Korean guy with the funny hair on Elliot late in the game but as I say I havn't seen all the angles, just the game live, the big screen replays and the goal on youtube.

Don't be too sure that you will enjoy, you just might come down to earth with a bump, anyway we have enough of our own problems without bothering about yours.

Hahahaha :lol:

I didn't write that article, you did realise that didn't you?

Listen, ask pretty much any football fan to describe Boltons style and nearly everyone will say the same things, agressive long ball route one football.

Longsiders,

I have much respect for you as a true football fan and if your comments are true, which I have no doubt they are, then they have backed their manager, what I dont think many Burnley fans truly understand is the dire fincial state they were in pre Coyle!

Yes, I would be gutted too if a successful manager left Rovers, we have had lots taken from us in the past, Hughes, Lee, Furphy, Smith, Kendall to name a few, not nice and I understand your point there!! However, I think to try and compete at Prem level on Championship wages is one hell of an ask and this is where I think Coyle felt there was a problem, he couldnt take the club any further and as he has stated, would probably have been sacked at some stage, so like all of us, strike whilst the iron is hot and you have some value!

Slightly wrong Kelbo - Pre Coyle financially things were not so bad. When Flood came in was when the spending started and this was continued under Coyle (no reflection on him by the way, he was the manager not a director) and grew. Then Floods business hit the rails and suddenly we have huge holes in the finances. The financial overspend more or less coincided with Coyles appointment - but to be clear that was not down to him and for the spend in the end we reaped the rewards.

My comments were based entirely on the AUDITED accounts of the club.

The costs included all staff, NOT just the players or management.

And did they really get those bonuses in that financial year?

Yes I do realise that is for all the staff - and I am sure the groundsman et all took up a huge amount of it.

As for the bonuses, perhaps you don't realise but a key principle in accounting is to record revenues and expenses in the financial period in which they occur - regardless of when they are received or paid. So I've no idea when they were or will be paid but I do know our liability for them occured during that financial period - either that or the accountants and auditors for some bizzare reason decided to breach the guidelines, I cannot see why they would or how it might benefit anybody but hey, if its a fact that doesn't stack with one version of things lets pretend it is make believe.

Archived