BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

OK AndyC name me a better sub who could come on when we need to mix things up and maybe go direct (Brazil quarter finals SGE rem :angry2: ). A centre forward who is strongest with his back to goal will hold off centre halves with ease and could bring in / provide knock downs to our best players where they are at their most dangerous on the edge of the box and facing goal ... Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Joe Cole?

Take your time.

If Heskey is considered England quality, there's a case for Davies.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK AndyC name me a better sub who could come on when we need to mix things up and maybe go direct (Brazil quarter finals SGE rem :angry2: ). A centre forward who is strongest with his back to goal will hold off centre halves with ease and could bring in / provide knock downs to our best players where they are at their most dangerous on the edge of the box and facing goal ... Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Joe Cole?

Take your time.

Judging last night, we havent a better crosser of the ball than Davies anywhere in the England set up!!

That's actually quite amusing...

(Although, maybe Nicko should tell him that it was Joshua that took the Israelites out of the wilderness. Moses took them out of Egypt! :D )

I bet that Joshua is cross. Moses proper stole his thunder there...

Good line by Coyle!

davies was immense because he was playing against the worst team in the premier league at the moment. It's not difficult to stand out against that pitiful showing.

I don't doubt he's got a lot better since he left us, but to suggest an England recall is just madness.

Davies was outstanding against Arsenal home and away.

And they are not bad.

Easily the best English target man of his kind.

And they are not bad.

I've been saying that for a long time. I can understand that a few Rovers fans have an issue with him following his spell at Ewood. But, trust me, he is a totally different player now. Possibly our best value-for-money signing in recent times, with the possible exception of Jaaskelainen. If Capello does want to play with a target man I cannot understand why he perseveres with Heskey, Cole and Crouch. And as for Zamora? Don't get me started! B)

If Davies wore a Spurs or West Ham shirt he would have thirty England caps. Sad, but true.

And they are not bad.

Has Rovers interest in Davies come up again? I thought the board were going to find extra money for Sam - or has that been withdrawn again?

Has Rovers interest in Davies come up again? I thought the board were going to find extra money for Sam - or has that been withdrawn again?

Davies is a 'no' - as in no chance and no contact in this window.

There is money if the player is deemed to be right.

That's actually quite amusing...

(Although, maybe Nicko should tell him that it was Joshua that took the Israelites out of the wilderness. Moses took them out of Egypt! :D )

Yeah, you would think someone who claims to be religious would have a basic knowledge of the Bible.

Talks of getting us out of the wilderness, we got him from St. Johnstone ffs made him into a millionaire household name.

Anyway leave him alone, everytime he opens his mouth he just makes himself look more of a tosser :lol:

The Moses line was very good...Owen's gag...I don't do religion.

Davies was immense. Told you he would have been a great signing for Rovers.

This just sums Coyle and his propaganda team up. If you are going to try and be clever at least get it right. Otherwise you will end up looking quite the idiot.

Still along way to go for Team Coyle before his rep is restored. Still, at least he has got up off his hands and knees from infront of Wenger.

Yeah, you would think someone who claims to be religious would have a basic knowledge of the Bible.

Talks of getting us out of the wilderness, we got him from St. Johnstone ffs made him into a millionaire household name.

Anyway leave him alone, everytime he opens his mouth he just makes himself look more of a tosser :lol:

No. He made himself a household name. He dragged Bumley up from the depths of nowheres-ville.

Now he f####d off & you`re going back there.

Tatty-bye!!! ;)

No. He made himself a household name. He dragged Bumley up from the depths of nowheres-ville.

Now he f####d off & you`re going back there.

Tatty-bye!!! ;)

He was no more than a fairly good Championship manager,for which he was very well paid, but without BFC its Directors, Fans and Staff he would still be scrapping a living in some Scotish backwater, I mean who outside Scotland even knew where St. Johnstone was before we made him?

He was no more than a fairly good Championship manager,for which he was very well paid, but without BFC its Directors, Fans and Staff he would still be scrapping a living in some Scotish backwater, I mean who outside Scotland even knew where St. Johnstone was before we made him?

People who have dared to 'travel' a bit. Or have a basic knowledge of football and geography.

But who outside of Burnley knew who Burnley were before May last year ? :tu:

Premeir league Burnley just doesnt have and never will have a true ring to it :D

Go on then where the hell is Oakdale?

Very close to the centre of the universe, a place you visited in October, a place you'll not be visiting for some years to come unless we meet in a cup comp. It's called civilisation, far away from the slums of your dirty little corner of Yorkshire.

Archived