BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

Slightly wrong Kelbo - Pre Coyle financially things were not so bad. When Flood came in was when the spending started and this was continued under Coyle (no reflection on him by the way, he was the manager not a director) and grew. Then Floods business hit the rails and suddenly we have huge holes in the finances. The financial overspend more or less coincided with Coyles appointment - but to be clear that was not down to him and for the spend in the end we reaped the rewards.

My comments were based entirely on the AUDITED accounts of the club.

Yes I do realise that is for all the staff - and I am sure the groundsman et all took up a huge amount of it.

As for the bonuses, perhaps you don't realise but a key principle in accounting is to record revenues and expenses in the financial period in which they occur - regardless of when they are received or paid. So I've no idea when they were or will be paid but I do know our liability for them occured during that financial period - either that or the accountants and auditors for some bizzare reason decided to breach the guidelines, I cannot see why they would or how it might benefit anybody but hey, if its a fact that doesn't stack with one version of things lets pretend it is make believe.

Yes from an accounting point of view you are quite correct, accounts can only contain income and expenditure during the the period in which they occur -(receipts and payments)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, Burnley's main board (clarets mad, as far as I know) is a bit of a joke. Not surprised quite a few of them frequent a real message board such as this one.

Sam Dingle would have us believe that Claretsmad is the oracle of football knowledge and the last word in witty repartee.

In reality it appears to be a forum where train spotter types discuss cheese and how many pears are in a tin.

I just received this from a dingle (cheeky bar steward). It is to the song by Alicia Keys (Empire of the state)

Oooh oooh, Blackburnnnnnn (2x)

Grew up in a town,

That is nor famous as a place or the movie scenes

Noise is always loud as chavs pump out their sound

There are mosques all around

And the streets are mean

I can’t make it here

But I can make it away from here

That’s what they say

Seeing my face on the front of the local rag

Or my name in spray-paint found down Broadway

It is as it seems

But i got a pocketful of dreams

Baby, I’m from

Blackburrrrn, concrete jungle where dreams are shattered

There’s nothing to do

Now you’re in Blackburrrrrn

These streets will make you feel awful

Nothing will inspire you

Hear it for Blackburrrrn, Blackburrrn, Blackburrrrn

On the park, there ain’t never a curfew

Ladies work the street

Such a melting pot on the corner selling rock

Preachers pray to Allah

Hail a cab

Takes me down from Ewood to the Wainright Bridge

Someone sleeps tonight with a hunger

For more than from an empty fridge

I’m going to leave by any means

As i got a pocketful of dreams

Baby, I’m from

There’s nothing to do

Nothing will inspire you

Middle finger in the air for the small town

Street lights, small dreams, all looking grim

No place in the world that can compare

Put your fingers in the air

Everybody say yeah, yeah yeah

There’s nothing to do

Nothing will inspire you

Ahh Blue, you'd miss me if I didn't have these little spells when I called in - don't worry I'll be off again shortly until March :rolleyes:

You`ll be disappearing again for a few months after the match in March too, eh? ;)

....Off licking your wounded pride again.

I just received this from a dingle (cheeky bar steward). It is to the song by Alicia Keys (Empire of the state)

There’s nothing to do

Nothing will inspire you

Nothing will inspire you

Direct from the thriving metropolis that is Burnley!

I feel very offended by that, and any other comments aimed towards the Muslims. Ive seen quite a bit of comments, where the Muslim faith is mentioned. Truly disgusting!

I'm stumped here...... 'Truly Disgusting'? Iceman which bit of those lyrics offends you?

Edit... sorry beerwins I've just noticed that you are asking the same question of iceman.

Football seems to be getting Religious on here the last few weeks. A comment on the Mirror site.

Quote of the year so far: I asked a Burnley fan what he made of Owen Coyle's reaction to having the word Judas chanted at him throughout this week's clash with his old club at Bolton:

"I was God last year and Judas tonight. Maybe in a Biblical sense I should be Moses as I led them from the wilderness into the Promised Land."

To which the die-hard Claret replied: "Sod bloody Moses, he's a cross between the Serpent and Jezebel. A poisonous whore."

Amen.

Not bitter are they?

Football seems to be getting Religious on here the last few weeks. A comment on the Mirror site.

Quote of the year so far: I asked a Burnley fan what he made of Owen Coyle's reaction to having the word Judas chanted at him throughout this week's clash with his old club at Bolton:

"I was God last year and Judas tonight. Maybe in a Biblical sense I should be Moses as I led them from the wilderness into the Promised Land."

To which the die-hard Claret replied: "Sod bloody Moses, he's a cross between the Serpent and Jezebel. A poisonous whore."

Amen.

Not bitter are they?

Has anybody checked to see if he has 666 anywhere on his body? Old Nick's always looking out for him like a son.... and he admits that he doesn't do religion too! :unsure:

Nicko - What is Piers Moron's problem with your mate? Stumbled across this little gem -

"Permit me to suggest that King Herod might be a more appropriate Biblical figure for Mr Coyle to compare himself with.

A leader who embarked on a colossal building project that excited and enthralled his chosen people, then descended into vanity, arrogance, treachery and cruelty — turning on his own family and being responsible for the massacre of the innocents."

Is Morgan a closet Dingle? :lol:

Nicko - What is Piers Moron's problem with your mate? Stumbled across this little gem -

"Permit me to suggest that King Herod might be a more appropriate Biblical figure for Mr Coyle to compare himself with.

A leader who embarked on a colossal building project that excited and enthralled his chosen people, then descended into vanity, arrogance, treachery and cruelty — turning on his own family and being responsible for the massacre of the innocents."

4 words: Look. At. His. Face.

I believe Piers is good friends with Alistair Campbell - could be his motivation. Still at least he got the right biblical figure - Moses merely led his people into the wilderness for years, Joshua led them out :rolleyes:

I believe Piers is good friends with Alistair Campbell - could be his motivation. Still at least he got the right biblical figure - Moses merely led his people into the wilderness for years, Joshua led them out :rolleyes:

Are there a bigger pair of egotistical, lying tw@ts on the planet Longsiders?

I'm verry offended by that, I mean the most evil man in the history of the planet getting compared with King Herod, just not on is it?

Archived