BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been saying that for a long time. I can understand that a few Rovers fans have an issue with him following his spell at Ewood. But, trust me, he is a totally different player now. Possibly our best value-for-money signing in recent times, with the possible exception of Jaaskelainen. If Capello does want to play with a target man I cannot understand why he perseveres with Heskey, Cole and Crouch. And as for Zamora? Don't get me started! B)

If Davies wore a Spurs or West Ham shirt he would have thirty England caps. Sad, but true.

Too true Zulu, going on what I've seen of him of late, he IS your entire team at the moment (You'd be fooked if he ever gets injured BTW) however, credit where it's due.

And on your last point, unfortunately, very accurate indeed, but add "Massive Club" Villa in their as well, they've got the BBC in their pockets and listening to R5L or watching MOTD is just a Villa love in, it's just sick bag material now and should be banned, it's vile.

Anyone who thinks Davies should be in the England squad seriously knows little to nothing about football.

Do you seriously think he would get away with half the things he does in the Premiership with Foreign refs?

He gets away with it now Vin! He's conned everyone so far matey, why not a few even less clueless one's, they're all bloody useless, blind and can't count.

Come on, World Cup Ref's are generally a joke, a couple of good ones and then all the light weights to make up the numbers from the continents (To keep everyone happy)

Also, please note, most people have stated that he won't play for England anyway, for obvious reasons, such as playing for the wrong club.

And in evidence I would simply show Mssrs Cole and Heskey to the jury along with the question, is this seriously THE BEST we have available? Brackets FFS???

IS the cupboard really that bare ladies and gentlemen of the jury????

The case for the defence rests (I thank you)

They punish alot more in international football dave.

Just look at Crouch, whenever he gets off his feet (admittidly not much) the free kick is given against him. Before the last World Cup they even said they were looking out for his fouls.

I think the cupboard is pretty bare in terms of target men, and that seems to be the way Capello wants to go.

I think the cupboard is pretty bare in terms of target men, and that seems to be the way Capello wants to go.

Target men sounds old fashioned to me.

Whoever is up front simply has to have pace to burn this is were Davies falls down.

Anyway leave him alone, everytime he opens his mouth he just makes himself look more of a tosser :lol:

You wont stop that. Ranulph Westwood does that all the time and it doesn't stop him looking like a tosser.

Target men sounds old fashioned to me.

Whoever is up front simply has to have pace to burn this is were Davies falls down.

Linford Christie it is then eh Jal? :rolleyes:

btw Davies rarely falls down either. :rover:

They punish alot more in international football dave.

Just look at Crouch, whenever he gets off his feet (admittidly not much) the free kick is given against him. Before the last World Cup they even said they were looking out for his fouls.

Crouch is a member of that strange breed of footballer who becomes smaller when he jumps. If you get my drift. B)

Davies is too slow to have an impact at International level.

Teddy Sheringham?

Anyone see Coyle's interivew on SSN?

'First I was God, then Judas, if they want to get biblical, I should be Moses, I saved them from the wilderness'

:lol:

As pointed out, not even correct - still quite amusing though.

Work with a Bolton fan, he said that it was halirious last night seeing the reaction of the Burnley fans. He said that it was pure hatred. He also says that things turned ugly after the game, The Dingles were spitting and attacking Bolton fans after the match.

Interesting, before this game I read that the Bolton fans regularly go into the away fans picking on kids but because it is Burnley it was our fans looking for trouble?

Agree with the other posters view on that scumbag elliot, how many times is he going to get away with it???

When he's broken as many legs and caused as many serious injuries as that one time full back of yours you can comment.

As for the game - thank god I wasn't there, sounded awful by both teams. I can safely say that lots of Clarets are not at all happy with the performances, the manager or indeed todays signings.

Interesting, before this game I read that the Bolton fans regularly go into the away fans picking on kids but because it is Burnley it was our fans looking for trouble?

The first time I have been to a match at either of Boltons grounds and not seen any trouble, guess I was lucky this time. Remember the Bolton 'fans' knocking a partition wall down at half time at Burnden once to try to get in our end. I parked in front of Asda so well away from the away parking area.

So because Lucash Neill played for us about three years ago we aren't allowed to comment on that spiteful coward Elliott?

That was a real hospital challenge on Cohen by Elliot, Rovers player or Burnley player, there is no room for those kind of tackles in the game and Refs must bang down hard on those, I suggest an extra 3 game ban for tackles of that nature, whichever club you play for!!

Christ full studs just below the knee!! Horrible.

Davies is too slow to have an impact at International level.

We'll never know, but slower than Crouch and Heskey is he? Remember the first yard on a football pitch is in the head.

I gave you the scenario of the quarter final v Brazil and I can assure you pace was the last thing we wanted that day. The Brazillian back 4 never left the edge of the pen area all second half after Ronaldo had been sent off. A big battering ram of a centre forward to provide knock downs would likely have seen us play Turkey in the sf's... and hopefully have seen us face a seriously poor Germany in the final.

That was the day that I saw right through SGE's media generated aura..... And the passage of time and subsequent events proved my judgement right.

Yeah, you would think someone who claims to be religious would have a basic knowledge of the Bible.

Talks of getting us out of the wilderness, we got him from St. Johnstone ffs made him into a millionaire household name.

St Johnstone are a bigger club than burnley, not sure who you managed that really :tu:

An interesting and overall fair take on the game for all those interested:

http://www.thelongside.info/content/view/895/116/

As for the Lucas comment - I just think those that live in glass houses and all that. In all honesty I haven't seen the tackle so (and yes I realise I sound like Wenger) I can' really comment - I don't want to end up with egg on my face suggesting it was an assault only to have to retract later because I've upset a manager at one of the big 4 do I?

Great letter in The Times as longsiders1882 pointed out

"Sir, Should Bolton Wanderers fans begin to panic as their new manager, Owen Coyle, seeks to compare himself to Moses (report, Sport, Jan 27)? Moses led the Children of Israel out of Egypt and into, and not out of, the wilderness. Their journey there to the Promised Land, normally about 11 days, took 40 years.

Although Moses saw the Promised Land from a mountain top, because of his transgressions he was not allowed to enter. Joshua led the people in.

Should the board start looking for Coyle’s successor now?

Geoffrey N. Cartwright

Scraptoft, Leics"

What next from Team Coyle, "call me Tony Blair for leading us to victory against the Nazis"???? :lol:

The dingles are now learning about the reality of life in the Premier League.

They lost narrowly in a bitter local bruiser of a game they would have drawn on another day and slip from 15th into the relegation zone,

...and next up are Chelsea :lol:

The Nazi's may be kind of fitting, nobody has tried harder than them with propaganda except maybe Team Coyle. I'd bet even they had the sense to do some reseach first though.

Bless them though, they are trying so hard to repair his reputation. Not getting very far but God bless them for trying. :lol:

Archived