BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

I think everyone is worried about his loss of "passion". The reason I always rated him was his passion and fire. I would have never believed a Bolton side under him never being up for it. But we have seen it with Rovers too often. Maybe he has lost a bit of the edge. If he does leave us, then I cant see him ever getting back into top-flight management. I think he will retire from the game.

here here....you always associate a zzzzam time with passion but sadly we /he and now us have lost it.

So it comes down to the age old situation of "Back Him Or Sack Him" then does it, I guess some responsibility must go to the Supporters as well in this...

the supporters? dont talk rubbish.

its not the supporters who want or tell the players to bore the arse of usselves is it?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here here....you always associate a zzzzam time with passion but sadly we /he and now us have lost it.

the supporters? dont talk rubbish.

its not the supporters who want or tell the players to bore the arse of usselves is it?

Rubbish?

Nope, it's the supporters who are the bums on seats in this "Entertainment" industry, it's the supporters who boo or cheer our players and without the supporters where would our club be?

I think it is you who is spouting the rubbish here ABBEY...

Guest Kamy100

I have heard pretty much the same as Nicko has posted, except that at the board meeting the decision was made to look at alternative managers as a backup plan, seems that the alternative managers have thus far indicated that they are not interested. I don't know if Hughes has been approached, but someone was saying on thursday that his backroom staff are keen to return, no idea if the main man wants to come back into management or to Rovers at this stage. Therefore the club is now seriously looking into ways to provide some additional funding so that Sam can make a big signing (ie like they did when Cole was signed).

The other huge concern are that attendances have started to fall, club have been quite shocked by the following to Eastlands and also the numbers for the Semi Final. So if the attendance at today's game is down again (ticket sales have not been great), the result is poor and the crowd turn on Sam then they will have a decision to make on Tuesday, however as Nicko says win and that changes the picture a little bit, also the huge thing that is saving Sam at the moment is that they no way can Rovers sack Sam until they have a decent replacement lined up, which at the moment they do not.

The other huge concern are that attendances have started to fall, club have been quite shocked by the following to Eastlands and also the numbers for the Semi Final. So if the attendance at today's game is down again (ticket sales have not been great), the result is poor and the crowd turn on Sam then they will have a decision to make on Tuesday, however as Nicko says win and that changes the picture a little bit, also the huge thing that is saving Sam at the moment is that they no way can Rovers sack Sam until they have a decent replacement lined up, which at the moment they do not.

i for one wont EVER go to an away game with again whilst we have sam and his away tactics here and that includes wembelway.

Well we can all get excited about the prospect of the club being given a bit of money for the signing(s) of new players. But, we are going to have to wait until the club is on its death bed again, before we see a single penny.

If Allardyce is sacked - I hope the board have realised that the money we have lost in league placings since hughes left, are probably double the cost it would of been for them to hire a top proven manager. When considering who to go for.

Anyone slightly concerned about some players speaking out? Player pressure paid a big part in Ince's sacking, now we have some rumblings under Sam.

Do we have some bad apples in the squad? Those that have a big influence on other players?

Yes, that thought has occured a few times since Ince and the stories in the Mail and again recently. A couple in the squad with some weight will swing opinion quickly and a couple who don't like the manager can get the dressing room turned. It is scary but it is the modern game even if I don't like it.

Guest Kamy100

i for one wont EVER go to an away game with again whilst we have sam and his away tactics here and that includes wembelway.

I can totally understand that Abbey, the big problem is that some fans are saying that about home games.

I wouldn't want to be on the board, they are stuck, if there is no decent alternative they can't sack but then the evidence on the pitch is that things aren't working under Sam, all the hard work over the last 3 years to get attendance levels up to a decent level is being washed away.

Do we really want Allardyce spending what money we have got ?.Remember this guy wanted Kevin Davies and now we hear rumours he wants Beattie.

These types of players mean only one thing more of the same type of football we are watching now,that the vast majority of Rovers fans do not want.

We all know we need a more creative midfield and decent wingers so we can play the ball on the floor,will Allardyce give us that sorry to say i do not think so.

The only solution, and the first thing that has to happen is the removal of Allardyce.

Agree with Kamy. I have to persuade myself to drag myself up the 61 to watch the lads. Very unhappy.

Know what you mean. I actually think we'll win today, however looking at the comments from nicko, kamy etc then I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I suppose the number of walk on fans today will tell it's own story.

If what we are reading today is true (and you have to take it all with a pinch of salt don't you?) that they are going to review again after today's game on Tuesday, that they are going to look at the crowd reaction (and quantity) then I can't help but look back at the Liverpool game towards the end of Ince's Reign / Mess. Beaten 3 - 1 but there was effort there from the players, which was unusual at the time, and the fans did all they could by creating a cracking atmosphere.

All rumour and conjecture of course but I'm sure it was said that this was taken by the Board as a sign to give Ince more time, that he hadn't yet lost the crowd. Dangerous stuff if true (and I appreciate it's all heresay), what to do today then? No singing? Sit on my hands? Boo? Nah, I'll get behind them as I always try to, just don't take that as support for the manager eh?

As Abbey says he'll not go away again whilst Sam is in charge. The lack of fans at City was questioned by ESPN - they should have been amazed and impressed that we'd actually taken that many to be honest.

If Sam gets money to sign players are we going to end up with Beattie and just more excuses about centre midfield, even if he does get money and by some miracle signs a creative player is he going to play him the way he should be played?

Im sorry but seeing the transfers Sam made in the summer I wouldnt trust him with a penny, maybe im being a bit unfair but I dont see any players coming in and improving our playstyle and getting us results, we need to build some morale and faith in the players we have and play to their strengths.

Sam needs to turn this around by playing more attacking football and improving the mentality of the team, bringing in new players just wont improve the mentality of the team.

Regardless of the crowd today and peoples feelings towards the manager get down there and support the team throughout the game and if your still disappointed and fed up after the game make your feelings known then. Our support is vital and is it any wonder we aen't performing when sections of the crowd get on certain players backs after their 1st mistake which obviously affects them afterwards. 1 example at a recent home game was when Pedersen came on as sub and the 1st thing he had to do was take a throw in he'd only been on the field 20 seconds when some clown shouted "get off the pitch you f!!king queer" which could be heard by most around including Pedersen himself. And then you wonder why he doesn't perform when he gets abuse like that for no reason whatsoever. Yes people are entitled to their own opinions but for 90 minutes today put it to 1 side and back whatever side is out there on the pitch as our support is vital!!

Anyone slightly concerned about some players speaking out? Player pressure played a big part in Ince's sacking, now we have some rumblings under Sam.

Do we have some bad apples in the squad? Those that have a big influence on other players?

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that players must have an understanding of tactics (hence how so many go into management I would assume?) so some will be able to see when the current setup isn't working, Sams insistence to not change the well-formed 4-5-1 to try to experiment must worry some.

Others just play in their position and do what they're told (I hope)

Sure there are some muck stirrers as well, but the manager is there to manage the players expectations as well as decide on formations and bitch to the press - I bet there's not one of our players that think we ought to be winning the league, but they probably to a man want to play better football to appease the fans as well as feel good about themselves.

Can you imagine what the likes of Keith Andrews must feel? Very few fans would even give him the time of day - so the managers job to motivate him must be doubly hard.

I think there's lots to managing a team, PR (why the hell do the club _ever_ allow negative press to come from the club - without dealing with it fines, etc), Players, Public, Fans, Formations, Training/Conditioning, and a bunch more I can't think of now.

I simply don't think Sam has the wherewithal to cope with the lot, and can he play well with others?

We should be investing heavily in the future, trying to market and improve the club and have a management team that listen and aren't afraid to fiddle/change when things don't work as they should.

I think both manager and players need a kick up the arse, but the manager needs to be open to new ideas?

Much more than tactics need to change, it needs a quantum shift in ethos imo

Although I half booed them off at half-time on Thursday today is a new day and we CAN play good football even with the misshapen team we currently have. The trouble is that we have to play another team of 11 - usually more talented and together than us.

Three points today and we travel to Villa in hope.

A badly chosen team today that has to recover in the 2nd half AND Mcdonald may be the Interim on Wednesday.

It is clear that this squad lacks certain strengths, so that has to be sorted out.

Hey! Maybe John Williams and the board could do possibly that? They can obviously spot good players cos they cashed in on all the ones we had. <_<

......Then again when you see the Brazillian tossers Cook saddled Man City with then maybe not. :rolleyes:

btw As I've said in the past I've no prob with this as long as replacements are as good or better.

Archived