BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

Get Mark Hughes back !

I would rather give Slaven Bilić or Michael Laudrup a chance than have Big Sam.

Mark Hughes won't come back to Rovers! Why would he? Its been proven throughout footballing history that you never go back, and particularly a proud, bullish character like Hughes wouldn't want his pride damaged by a return.

Stop the clocks everybody!

Michael Laudrup mentioned once again!

Can someone please explain why?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Hughes won't come back to Rovers! Why would he? Its been proven throughout footballing history that you never go back, and particularly a proud, bullish character like Hughes wouldn't want his pride damaged by a return.

Aye, Big Col had a nightmare return to Ewood didn't he?

There are maybe five or six Premier League jobs that come up per season. If out of work managers dimiss them or are overlooked they then have the issue of being unemployed and out of touch for twelve months.

I'd reckon Hughes would give the Rovers job due consideration on that basis should it be offered to him.

I would love to see Mark Hughes come back to Rovers - for it to happen before wednesday - for him to inspire Rovers to a good win v villa. Then for Rovers to meet man city in the final.

For me even if Rovers win on sunday, enough is enough. Sam out and Mark Hughes in.

What makes you think Hughes is the right man to inspire Rovers before a semifinal?

Dare I remember you about Larissa and Coventry?

For those of you who want Nicko to run everything he has immediately:

Say nicko knows that John Williams called Mark Hughes on Monday night to ask if he'd be interested in coming back, and nicko has quotes to back it up. (This is PURE hypothetical before anyone gets excited)

If he runs that on Tuesday morning, what happens?

Versus

Nicko runs a vague story putting it out there that there's unrest and the players and manager respond to it in the proper manner. If we go and lose both games this week, then the held back facts escalate the matter and the pressure increases on Sam. If we win both games, the story doesn't matter because Sam has "saved his job", nicko and his mates in the press continue to be the villain and we're three points better off and closer to Wembley.

I like the second scenario best. Oh! except for one little omission........you forgot the "and we all lived happily ever after" bit.xmas.gif

The Sunday People has got a bit in...some parts missed. Here is the breakdown as I know it.

MONDAY - total unhappiness at all levels, couple of players sound off after the game, board very worried, fans fed up.

TUESDAY - board meeting [that was the bit I was saving] which discussed several issues and crucially decided to re-schedule for next Tuesday...that is where the 'two games' story came from.

WEDNESDAY - Sam wants to know more about the story in paper, big talks all round, told results need to improve, he says he wants money for new players [preferably young and with re-sale value] which will be run by the Trust.

THURSDAY - top money man turns up, reasonable display against Villa.

Now there is a big decision to make...does the club back the manager or not.

I think that will be decided by today's events - performance, crowd size and reaction.

The bottom line here is that what you have just now may see you relegated or close to it. So something needs to be improved. Fast.

If the board decide the stick with sam then they do need to back him fanancially. Questions need to he asked about the need for signing 3 rightbacks when we were crying out for a centre mid though. Give him the cash to fill that void now and we might just be ok. One decent signing could make our season, the league is that tight. It's all well and good moaning about our strikers not scoring but they need the chances.

I agree. If we were given about 5 million pounds to sign a creative midfielder, I would be very happy. We could work on the squad over the coming summer and shift out some players and replace them with fresh blood cause I think the spine of the team needs to be changed.

Cheers Nicko, I had heard rumours there had been a board meeting though not sure what was discussed.

I think you're right as well when you say they have to make a decision that will split with their recent behavioural patterns. They either sack the manager and hope the new guy can change things around with no money or they stick with sam but back him with some cash. Either way the situation changes after tuesdays meeting.

The squad is absolutely crying out for some level of investment, even up to the five/six million mark which could make a hgue difference if we were to purchase the right player(s).

Nicko, do you know what might push the board to sack sam? For example, how low would a crowd have to be? How bad would the crowds reaction have to be?

The Sunday People has got a bit in...some parts missed. Here is the breakdown as I know it.

MONDAY - total unhappiness at all levels, couple of players sound off after the game, board very worried, fans fed up.

TUESDAY - board meeting [that was the bit I was saving] which discussed several issues and crucially decided to re-schedule for next Tuesday...that is where the 'two games' story came from.

WEDNESDAY - Sam wants to know more about the story in paper, big talks all round, told results need to improve, he says he wants money for new players [preferably young and with re-sale value] which will be run by the Trust.

THURSDAY - top money man turns up, reasonable display against Villa.

Now there is a big decision to make...does the club back the manager or not.

I think that will be decided by today's events - performance, crowd size and reaction.

The bottom line here is that what you have just now may see you relegated or close to it. So something needs to be improved. Fast.

My Brother is a long time sports journo with his own Press Agency(I will not say which). I spoke with him yesterday (a rare event, as we do not get on too well)and he tells me that BFS has 2 games left, Fulham and Villa, to turn this around.

The Board are v worried abouut his loss of passion, it may have something to do with his recent illness and a different view on life.

So let me get this straight, the trust are going to decide whether to back the manager with funds or not - based on the display/result of one performance this season? What an absolutely joke and stupid way to run a football club.

They have had 21 games to decide, either back him or get rid.

The Board are v worried abouut his loss of passion, it may have something to do with his recent illness and a different view on life.

That was honestly my biggest worry when he came back. In fairness to him, he'd be stupid to risk a heart attack, but for us the way in which he deals with things has changed and it certainly does look as though something has changed in the way he approaches problems. Do you remember when BS first came in and he had a point to prove and he had the bit between his teeth, trying to prove a point? That fight really seems to have gone since the operation.

I honestly think a lot boils down to todays game, the Villa game is a cup game and although huge to the fans, it doesn't get us three points in the eyes of the board. The board only care about staying up and todays game will give them a much deeper insight as to where we all stand - players, fans, management and board.

I think everyone is worried about his loss of "passion". The reason I always rated him was his passion and fire. I would have never believed a Bolton side under him never being up for it. But we have seen it with Rovers too often. Maybe he has lost a bit of the edge. If he does leave us, then I cant see him ever getting back into top-flight management. I think he will retire from the game.

Timing is everything in football.

There wasn't a crisis until a couple of weeks ago, there is now. But that could equally go away with a win today.

Sounds daft, but that is the world we live in.

The additional and crucial factor here is the transfer window.

It is clear that this squad lacks certain strengths, so that has to be sorted out.

So let me get this straight, the trust are going to decide whether to back the manager with funds or not - based on the display/result of one performance this season? What an absolutely joke and stupid way to run a football club.

They have had 21 games to decide, either back him or get rid.

I see your point there sweet but the truth of the matter is that sometimes you can move away from a bad situation. Over 21 games we have been moving closer and closer to a bad situation but sometimes it only takes one game to turn the situation around. My guess is that the board want to see if things have turned around in this game because i'm sure they will have told sam he needs to turn things around immediately and this is his chance to show them that he has.

There wasn't a crisis until a couple of weeks ago, there is now. But that could equally go away with a win today.

It is clear that this squad lacks certain strengths, so that has to be sorted out.

Are you suggesting that board are willing to invest in players Nicko? And perhaps that they are wondering who they give the money too?

Thanks Nicko, what you've said makes a lot of sense and fits. Lets hope this lot and Sam can get this turned around. That would be more impressive than keeping us up to be honest.

What our squad and any other squad in our position lacks is:

Balls.

Loyalty.

Too much renumerance for being ######.

Loss of connection with supporters.

Too much belief in their inadequate skills.

Unable to look in the mirror and face up to the charlatan looking back at them....

etc, etc, etc...

I'm totally and utterly pi.ss.ed off with the utterly cretinous and moronic ( with thanks to Shillito for such inspiring vocabulary) modern day professional footballer.

I agree. If we were given about 5 million pounds to sign a creative midfielder, I would be very happy. We could work on the squad over the coming summer and shift out some players and replace them with fresh blood cause I think the spine of the team needs to be changed.

why do people say we need or zzzam needs a CREATIVE midfilder?

zzzam doesnt believe in midfield just long hopeful punts to the penalty spot.

If they sack Allardyce, I doubt there will be much money to give anyone, if any money AT ALL.

Sam only has a year left after this, it wouldnt cost too much to get rid and if the board are serious about investing in the team, surely any sacking wouldn't have a huge impact on finances.

Archived