BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

What happens if we win Thursday 2-1, and win on Sunday - how long should Sam get then in peoples eyes?

I`d be happy if we scraped two wins,

.....but i`d be delighted if Sam changed tactics & we won playing good hard honest fast flowing football.

Remember the game at Spurs a few years ago? :huh: We absolutely mullered them on their own turf. The football that day was probably the best team display i`ve ever seen from a Rovers team. The players were on fire, the football was high-tempo & 'in your face'.......& most of all you could see the players believed in their boss & his tactics.

Seems all so long ago now duntit? :(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's lost the players now in my opinion. Against City they all looked like they didnt have a clue what was going on and I couldnt really see any of them with a bit of passion or fire in their game and a desire to actually perform. Then for 10 minutes in the second half they diregarded Sams tactics, played their natural game and they looked better for it.

But, given the poor quality of the teams around and below us and a lack of stand-out potential replacements, we might as well stick with Sam 'til the summer, then have a think.

Putting tomorrow's game to one side, Sunday is - once again - a massive game for us.

Two up front, please, with two wide men. Simple formation and keep it on the deck. Back to basics and no hoof ball!

You can't keep Allerdyce and expect two up front with two wide or for the ball to be kept on the deck!

Hoofball is the name of his game.

Sam's health has got to be on his mind, he is not the same bloke from 6 months ago his whole persona has changed.

When he spoke to the media this time last year you could see he controlled the interview and imposed himself in every conversation, no he has the brow beat look and sound of a lackluster bloke.

You see it all the time when someone has been good at a good for years, but then it just fades away....

Agreed, his whole persona and attitude seems to have changed and really comes across too. If his attitude was like that running a big company he'd be out on his ear. It really does come across like he's already left and just going through the motions.

I disagree with those who say let him stay and then decide his future when the climate is more relaxed in the summer. The fact of the matter is, he is not getting results - not for eleven games and he's allegedly lost the players which for me is the point of no return. The only reason we're 13th in the table is because there are so many poorer teams in the league and even then were only three points out of it!

The problem is we've come to see BS as the man to steer us out of the relegation places given his past history. The problem with this is, this time his own results have left him in that position and what evidence is there to suggest that this will change?! The fans can't stand long ball football (Which in fairness, is absolute dross to watch even when we're winning!), the players have no direction and time is slowly running out.

It's time many of you opened your eyes. I don't doubt that you 100% follow Rovers and want the best for them at all costs, but for some people to suggest that there isn't anyone made for this job out there is ridiculous. I couldn't personally identify who that is as I dont know how a football club is run nor what definitively makes a good manager, but JW knows what makes a good manager and there is someone out there much more suitable for this club than BS.

Even if we took a gamble and got relegated, i'd be there next season like every other fan should be. For me, watching Rovers is meant to be a source of entertainment and whatever league we're playing in, i'd rather us try to entertain and maybe not be so successful than play such boring, predictable, long-ball rubbish which long term is only going to lose so called fans anyway!

Since Hughes left, we seem to have lost our way a little. In my eyes & since I can remember (I'm 29 & have been going on since I was 2, but can really remeber from the 90's onward!!!) we have always portrayed a physical side to our game, but managed to mix our style of play up well. Long ball when required, but we always used to play decent football, sometimes we played teams off the park, with the speed in which we moved the ball, got it wide, put crosses in the box for the strikers, scored quite a lot of goals in the process. We always seemed to have a steely determination about or defending, and a great team ethic throughout where everyone knew their role, and we defended & attacked as a team.

I can't see it at the moment, dis-jointed performances from front to back, players don't seem confident in their manager & the tactics he employs. We dont see the training ground, put I'll put money on it not being a nice place to be right now. I for one am growing increasingly tired of Allardyce's attitude towards our players & their abilities, he is very negative & our performances have shown it. Berating the players in public can be good in moderation, but his consistent moaning will have done no good for his personal relationships with them.

Owen Coyle did fantastically well with Burnley, due to his ability on a personal level with his players, and his motivational skills, I dont think he was, or is a master tactitian. In my opinion Allardyce would struggle to motivate an alcoholic to have a beer with the attitude he puts across, and he may think he's a master tactitian, but a one dimensional 4-5-1, with no other variation, and a squad of players who as it would seem have grown tired of this inept formation would suggest otherwise.

I want him to turn it round, and restore some pride in my club, I want to see us fighting for the second ball, defending like our lives depended on it & attacking with some flair & creativity. Sadly if the "2 games to save his job" thing is true, then he must realise he has to make wholesale changes in those next 2 games before the changes that are made, are out of his control.

Since Hughes left, we seem to have lost our way a little. In my eyes & since I can remember (I'm 29 & have been going on since I was 2, but can really remeber from the 90's onward!!!) we have always portrayed a physical side to our game, but managed to mix our style of play up well. Long ball when required, but we always used to play decent football, sometimes we played teams off the park, with the speed in which we moved the ball, got it wide, put crosses in the box for the strikers, scored quite a lot of goals in the process. We always seemed to have a steely determination about or defending, and a great team ethic throughout where everyone knew their role, and we defended & attacked as a team.

I can't see it at the moment, dis-jointed performances from front to back, players don't seem confident in their manager & the tactics he employs. We dont see the training ground, put I'll put money on it not being a nice place to be right now. I for one am growing increasingly tired of Allardyce's attitude towards our players & their abilities, he is very negative & our performances have shown it. Berating the players in public can be good in moderation, but his consistent moaning will have done no good for his personal relationships with them.

Owen Coyle did fantastically well with Burnley, due to his ability on a personal level with his players, and his motivational skills, I dont think he was, or is a master tactitian. In my opinion Allardyce would struggle to motivate an alcoholic to have a beer with the attitude he puts across, and he may think he's a master tactitian, but a one dimensional 4-5-1, with no other variation, and a squad of players who as it would seem have grown tired of this inept formation would suggest otherwise.

I want him to turn it round, and restore some pride in my club, I want to see us fighting for the second ball, defending like our lives depended on it & attacking with some flair & creativity. Sadly if the "2 games to save his job" thing is true, then he must realise he has to make wholesale changes in those next 2 games before the changes that are made, are out of his control.

Completley agree, and as I said before Sam can feel a little hard done by because the players are not performing to the levels they should be but at the end of the day it's his job to motivate them and get them playing as a team to the best of their abilities. If he can't do that then I'm afraid it's time for him to move on and bring someone in who can get the best out of the players we have and not moan every other minute about not having enough funds, players not performing, poor decisions and basically anything but himself.

I just don't get it with him at all at the moment, I know players are not performing but the way he is changing formations and personnel means it's almost impossible for anyone to get settled into the team or a formation. He'll drop say Diouf or Pedersen for a game or two and then bring them back straight away, meanwhile the likes of Hoilett and Kalinic get a rare 45 minutes if they are lucky every now and then where as the 2 mentioned earlier as well as people like Roberts seem to get chance after chance.

What happens if we win Thursday 2-1, and win on Sunday - how long should Sam get then in peoples eyes?

In 2 or 4 games time who is going to be available to move us significantly forward and keep us going forward on our small budget?

I find it difficult to think that we can keep employing managers for a year and then sacking them when the slide continues to happen.

At the moment I am neither pro or anti Sam, the only thing I care about is staying up and if we don't beat Fulham on sunday then something big has to change. Be it at Player level, Board level or a Management change. We can't continue throwing away points as 1 win is a massive boost in the current league.

At the moment I am neither pro or anti Sam, the only thing I care about is staying up and if we don't beat Fulham on sunday then something big has to change. Be it at Player level, Board level or a Management change.

I think we all know which level the board will choose to operate on...

After mondays game, I wanted Sam out. But now I've settled down, I agree with most posters on here, be it with Sam or someone else, our priority is staying in this league & he has this next few games to get a marked improvment from a bunch of proffesional football players that are in the majority are more than capable of playing at this level.

I dont care which changes are made, someone needs to own the problem, make tbe changes & restore some pride in our club!!!

what is all this about hoofball?

We might play hoofball at home when we can put teams under pressure

However away from home we play this tippy tappy stuff that we are not good enough to bring to fruitition

I wish he'd be brave enough and go long ball away at least then we could say we had a go rather than this limp @#/? I've got used to seeing

I want effective footy i.e. get positive results, and with this set of players I reckon we have more chance of being effective by being more direct cause there is no way Andrews or Nzonzi are good enough to play the passing game

Cloth at this time fits direct footy for mine, so be true to yourself Samuel, be positive and go for it - you've a dam sight more chance of carrying favour with the fans if we see the team looking like it is putting the oppo's under pressure

He's lost the players now in my opinion. Against City they all looked like they didnt have a clue what was going on and I couldnt really see any of them with a bit of passion or fire in their game and a desire to actually perform. Then for 10 minutes in the second half they diregarded Sams tactics, played their natural game and they looked better for it.

Do you know, until that 10 minutes, it was like being back at Wigan last season under Ince for me, they looked totally lost and non plussed, and I'm being kind IMHO.

To keep it in context, in a game that was to be totally honest a REALLY poor game (For the neutral as well BTW, many have commented to me at work in Manchester)

Where is the spirit from last season? We only showed it for the Bolton game and the 2nd half against Sunderland for me.

are "you trying to cause a stir" nicko?, because i thought you were just putting across the opinions of many fans!

In all reality creating a stir is a journalists #1 priority. They try and stir a pot and make a recipe that will make them well known and famous.

Whether the ingredients are fresh and honest is another question.

I don’t doubt the freshness of this set of vegetables.

However away from home we play this tippy tappy stuff that we are not good enough to bring to fruitition

I wish he'd be brave enough and go long ball away at least then we could say we had a go rather than this limp @#/? I've got used to seeing

I want effective footy i.e. get positive results, and with this set of players I reckon we have more chance of being effective by being more direct cause there is no way Andrews or Nzonzi are good enough to play the passing game

Cloth at this time fits direct footy for mine, so be true to yourself Samuel, be positive and go for it - you've a dam sight more chance of carrying favour with the fans if we see the team looking like it is putting the oppo's under pressure

That's exactly what we need at the moment - more lumped long balls, Robinson free kicks and long throws because it's working really well at the moment.

• Backroom

That certainly wasn't the case at City. I lost count of the number of times we punted it up to Di Santo and Kalinic.

We all knew what to expect when Sam became captain of our ship; long ball, hold it up and let the more skilled finish the move. Unfortunately our long balls have the accuracy of a Stevie Wonder thrown dart, our front men can't hold it up when they do get it and the skilled, he spends too much time on the treatment table. Add to that a seriously wonky defence and Mr Tickle in he nets and you have serious trouble.

Easy way to win games, get it wide, early diagonal ball into the box 'al a Dalglish' and watch the goals flow!1

Everyone knew we did it but they couldnt defend it, both Kalinic and McCarthy would have bagfuls!!

The defence are turned facing their own goals, the keeper defenders are saying 'Shall we or should we'

Thats the method, now jamie McAnuff anyone?

• Backroom

Easy way to win games, get it wide, early diagonal ball into the box 'al a Dalglish' and watch the goals flow!1

Everyone knew we did it but they couldnt defend it, both Kalinic and McCarthy would have bagfuls!!

The defence are turned facing their own goals, the keeper defenders are saying 'Shall we or should we'

Thats the method, now jamie McAnuff anyone?

Not to sure about Jamie McAnuff, Jobi McAnuff looks a good un though

After mondays game, I wanted Sam out. But now I've settled down, I agree with most posters on here, be it with Sam or someone else, our priority is staying in this league & he has this next few games to get a marked improvment from a bunch of proffesional football players that are in the majority are more than capable of playing at this level.

I dont care which changes are made, someone needs to own the problem, make tbe changes & restore some pride in our club!!!

Yes, but in those changes hes after a two nearly 32 year olds up front, in Beattie, and Gudjonsen, are they really the way to go for the future of Rovers.

Yes, but in those changes hes after a two nearly 32 year olds up front, in Beattie, and Gudjonsen, are they really the way to go for the future of Rovers.

No, but was Tugay when he came, any player whom contributes to keeping us a prem club is a way forward, we have young lads at the club now, needs a bit of flair and experience and both players know Sams game and can play it!!

Archived