BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

Stan of late has been actively searching us out to have a go, often using Burnley against us.

Adrian Durhams attempts at playing devils advocate are embarrasing and just when you thought there wasnt a stooge for him thicker and more inarticulate than ian Wright, up pops Darren Gough.

Surprisingly I thought Ian Wright was really good when he was on, spoke so much sense, even Durham couldn't disagree with him.

Darren Gough just seems to take the opposite viewpoint to Durham no matter what they are discussing and it's a bit stale. Also he's very knowledgeable on cricket, obviously, but far less so on football.

Durham used to annoy me but I've found recently if you don't take him too seriously and treat it as a wind up to get a certain set of fans or indeed everyone ringing in on any particular day it's quite entertaining.

Just not that funny if it's your Club he's slaughtering.

As for nicko's story, it just shows how quickly these things escalate, a few of us moaning on here and a couple of people claiming insider knowledge translates into nicko's story in the National Press.

A day later Talksport, looking for any scandal, catch up with it and it's on there all day.

Let's hope it has the desired effect and creates a siege mentality amongst management and players.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for nicko's story, it just shows how quickly these things escalate, a few of us moaning on here and a couple of people claiming insider knowledge translates into nicko's story in the National Press.

A day later Talksport, looking for any scandal, catch up with it and it's on there all day.

Let's hope it has the desired effect and creates a siege mentality amongst management and players.

Get it right. For once.

I heard what was happening at all level an hour or so after the Man City game.

Some concerned people supplied me with similar insights. Always grateful for that.

There is some key info - known to me - that hasn't come out yet.

This seems to be a stock line of yours.

"There are two key facts yet to come out" etc etc..........

If they are correct, why don't you just print them? It's no less damaging than people knowing there is other stuff that might still come out and in fact they will often assume all sorts that might be even worse than the actual information in question!.

Get it right. For once.

I heard what was happening at all level an hour or so after the Man City game.

Some concerned people supplied me with similar insights. Always grateful for that.

"Big" Sam and "Michelle" Salgado in same sex shocker.

This seems to be a stock line of yours.

"There are two key facts yet to come out" etc etc..........

If they are correct, why don't you just print them? It's no less damaging than people knowing there is other stuff that might still come out and in fact they will often assume all sorts that might be even worse than the actual information in question!.

Obviously rumours are not as damaging as fact. I dont think there are many of us speculating about what the witheld information is, all we need to know is that its not helpful to be released at this time so why cant you just accept that???

Guest andrewpickup

there are a couple of positive spin MGP stories on the official site which say a lot imo

re darren Gough, you could write his football knowledge on the back of a stamp, him and Durham just are not plausable wind up merchants as its constantly contradictory

Obviously rumours are not as damaging as fact. I dont think there are many of us speculating about what the witheld information is, all we need to know is that its not helpful to be released at this time so why cant you just accept that???

I was making a fairly innocent observation about how this story has spread, with no criticism intended, before Mr. Nixon jumped needlessly on my case. Am I not allowed to respond?

Arguably it's not helpful to have a story in the National Press saying "Manager has 2 games to save his job" without any supporting evidence either.

Arguably it's not helpful to have a story in the National Press saying "Manager has 2 games to save his job" without any supporting evidence either.

Plenty, thanks.

I remember you squaeling about a similar story I did on Paul Ince.

And about 20 other stories too.

Dry your eyes.

This is beginning to sound like a vendetta.

I am inclined to agree!

Good stories sell newspapers, some are not as accurate as others, but hang on here, they have to be pretty careful they dont step too far out of line or the legal eagles will be out in force!

Yes, of course Nicko gets things wrong, but he also gets quite a bit right too, more than many sports journalists in the UK, so lets stop the bloody bickering, we are whether some believe it or not, fortunate to get some of the stuff on here, many fans of other clubs pop on here to get the bits of news Nicko posts!

What is different from Nicko posting on here as opposed to ordinary Jack Smith, nothing, except he is better versed and equipped with inside knowledge we dont have!!

I for one enjoy his posts and I am by far one of the majority of members of this board who think likewise!! long may it continue.

This is beginning to sound like a vendetta.

So does Sam Allardyce have a vendetta against nicko as well when on the radio he according to a poster above said the story was down to journalists and outside influences "trying to stir things up at the Club"?

Not taking sides on the issue either way, I don't know how serious the situation is behind the scenes but Sam needs a kick up the jacksi after recent results.

I remember you squaeling about a similar story I did on Paul Ince.

Don't really want to engage in verbal handbags but that would be the one that said "Ince will be sacked on Monday"

And he wasn't.

Don't really want to engage in verbal handbags but that would be the one that said "Ince will be sacked on Monday"

And he wasn't.

Yeah, call me a liar for 90 minutes. Or make that the time it took for Wigan to wipe the floor with you.

For one, I like Nicko's input.

He gives us some additional information and extra snippets that we would not have heard otherwise. While some people take what he says as gospel, he will tell us what he has been told. What makes me smile is that some people will then use someone changing their mind as ammunition against Mr Nixon.

I thank Nicko for certain teachings, such as the "Rule of Three" when reading gossip rumours.

Nicko tells us stuff out of choice, not necessity. I enjoy the suspence of the 11 O'Clockers and lines like "facts that are yet to come out".

I say just enjoy the info we get, or we could go back to relying on Tribal Football and "my brother's friend's cousin saw....."

Guest andrewpickup

Is Andrewpickup a dingle?

how do you reach that conclusion? do you want me to find you and kick you in the balls?

by the way can you confirm if its on or not tonight?

Yeah, call me a liar for 90 minutes. Or make that the time it took for Wigan to wipe the floor with you.

That isn't what happened at all.

Before the Liverpool home game you claimed Ince would be sacked on the following Monday.

Not exactly helping the Club's cause for that particular game AND it didn't happen either as it turned out.

Edit: I also like nicko's contributions as well and enjoy his transfer gossip. Doesn't mean to say that everyone should have to agree with every word he writes.

Before the Liverpool home game you claimed Ince would be sacked on the following Monday.

Not exactly helping the Club's cause for that particular game AND it didn't happen either as it turned out.

It still helped to get shut of him, good enough for me.

Edit: I also like nicko's contributions as well and enjoy his transfer gossip. Doesn't mean to say that everyone should have to agree with every word he writes.

He probably was going to be sacked but the crowd backed the team and didnt turn on him as expected so it probably saved his neck. Didnt last long though did it.

I wrote that Ince was out because a call had been made by a senior Rovers official to check on Sam Allardyce's availability - and whether or not he was going to Sunderland - the DAY BEFORE the Liverpool game.

You may recall that this information was in more than one paper because Sunderland blabbed about it.

Writing that story probably changed the time-scale of his exit.

Fortunately for your club, not for long.

All that aside, can you categorically say that someone within the board has let it be known that he has two games left?

I know there are certain time-scales to things at the moment.

I am obviously not the only one who knows that either...

Let's see how tonight and Sunday goes first.

I know there are certain time-scales to things at the moment.

I am obviously not the only one who knows that either...

Let's see how tonight and Sunday goes first.

Fair enough, but to make a statement like that you must have at least a quote right?

I am not being an ass I am just trying to figure out how such a massive statement can be made with now supporting evidence.

I know that journalists are watched very closely about such matters.

Archived