BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko

Kelbo

Fair enough, but to make a statement like that you must have at least a quote right?

I am not being an ass I am just trying to figure out how such a massive statement can be made with now supporting evidence.

I know that journalists are watched very closely about such matters.

In this case I had about 15-20 calls on the subject during the 24 hours after Man City. And quite a few e-mails.

I will be more specific about what after Sunday.

Apart from anything else it is always an idea to keep a couple of bullets in your chamber.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who want Nicko to run everything he has immediately:

Say nicko knows that John Williams called Mark Hughes on Monday night to ask if he'd be interested in coming back, and nicko has quotes to back it up. (This is PURE hypothetical before anyone gets excited)

If he runs that on Tuesday morning, what happens?

Versus

Nicko runs a vague story putting it out there that there's unrest and the players and manager respond to it in the proper manner. If we go and lose both games this week, then the held back facts escalate the matter and the pressure increases on Sam. If we win both games, the story doesn't matter because Sam has "saved his job", nicko and his mates in the press continue to be the villain and we're three points better off and closer to Wembley.

In this case I had about 15-20 calls on the subject during the 24 hours after Man City. And quite a few e-mails.

Apart from anything else it is always an idea to keep a couple of bullets in your chamber.

Is there any chance we've already got a new manager lined up (Hughes??) and Sam is going to retire before the end of the season on health grounds? (I know i'm clutching at straws..) !!

:wstu:

They didnt seem so keen on Nicko on radio lancs before the match, stating stories had been wrote by a certain journo to stir up trouble and it wasnt the first time.

Sometimes listening to radio lancs winds me up to death they sit there slagging off fans who dare to ring in or text in with negative comments about Sam then they have a sneaky dig about the 4,5,1 lineup.

Looks like the Rovers tannoy system got wind of your story eh Nicko?

If ever there was any doubt to Nicko's story from other people and they chose to investigate it. All they have too is come onto this forum. Many of us have said that Sam should go and we give hime two (now One) more game. Th efustration and sack sam attitude is 'rightly' on here. I do not mind losing if we go down fighting for every ball and every minute. I also want to see Di Santo and Kalinic playing up front at the same time.

so are we buying the sunday mirror then nicko?? and will we like or dislike what it is that you are gonna tell us.

Even this hypothetical talk of Hughes is making me nervous. Absolutely no way is he the answer. Seems like a lot of people are forgetting that most of his success was due to one or two players carrying a team as utterly devoid of creativity as now, horrendous defending, heavy defeats, and worst of all massive disappointments in key games. Not to mention that Manchini has already proven what a complete failure he was at City.

So just getting this out there before we even begin considering a replacement.

Even this hypothetical talk of Hughes is making me nervous. Absolutely no way is he the answer. Seems like a lot of people are forgetting that most of his success was due to one or two players carrying a team as utterly devoid of creativity as now, horrendous defending, heavy defeats, and worst of all massive disappointments in key games. Not to mention that Manchini has already proven what a complete failure he was at City.

So just getting this out there before we even begin considering a replacement.

Mr. E, I started saying after the Newcastle approach and Hughes heart wasnt in it and he was just biding his time. I didnt rate most of the football we saw especially during the last season and thats why Id blast people who would be on about him being the Messiah or something.

However, he got results, and we were solid. Almost never did we perform poorly in successive matches.

I dont see Hughes as a long-term solution, but a short-term one to keep us up, and push us as high as possible in the table. Rest assured that it is in our own hands. However, to take a "gamble" on a lower league manager at this point could be a step too far. I dont see many viable PL managers or even foreign ones which we could approach. Dont forget we offer NO FUNDS AT ALL. If we have funds, I wouldve given it to Allardyce earlier. Plus there is only 14 days in the window left, and its obvious that Allardyces dealings are on hold already so time is of the essence cause we need some midfielders.

They didnt seem so keen on Nicko on radio lancs before the match, stating stories had been wrote by a certain journo to stir up trouble and it wasnt the first time.

Sometimes listening to radio lancs winds me up to death they sit there slagging off fans who dare to ring in or text in with negative comments about Sam then they have a sneaky dig about the 4,5,1 lineup.

Jason Wilcox it was. Said words to the effect that a certain journalist is a long term critic of BRFC and usually appears when things look bad.

He didn't say who he was referring to though. :rolleyes:

Nicko!

Which team do you actually support?

Only wondering because of the shoite you have released last night about Burnley being ready to destroy everything they have built by paying Kilgallon double what all the other players earn.

Yes we are interested in him, but no way would we consider paying those kinds of wages.

Seems to me like you are just trying to help your mate Coyle as much as possible by showing Burnley in as bad a light that you can.

What's that all about?

Burnley made a record offer to Kilgallon. I know the exact details funnily enough. Check it out for yourself if you want. However he wants to go to Everton.

Shocked the life out of me, but there it is.

How does that put your club in a 'bad light'?

There will be another bid for a player coming soon...hope you don't find it insulting.

Jason Wilcox it was. Said words to the effect that a certain journalist is a long term critic of BRFC and usually appears when things look bad.

He didn't say who he was referring to though. :rolleyes:

Yeah, sorry I broke the bulk of your recent signings in the past few years...that really was a body blow to morale.

Nicko, do you have any comment to make about last night? And would you consider Mark Hughes to be "open" to the potential of a return, albeit a brief one?

First half poor, comprehensively outplayed and could have been further behind but for a bad ref and an excellent save.

Second half much more spirited, committed, organised and attacking, very unlucky with the Kalanic efforts.

Archived