BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas(H) Neil Again

bazza

Sky Sports News reports Galatasaray want Lucas Neil.

Neil is reported as saying he is quite happy at Everton but won't rule out any consideration; or similar words.

No doubt it all depends on what the transfer fee would be; what his percentage would be and what salary Galatasaray are offering him.

Surely this guy is the biggest mercenary football player of all time.

Yeah he said it came as a suprise, but he may have to make a big decision soon.....Money grabber

Strange one this, his dads over from Aus, do you want his mobile number?

he will tell you whats happening!!! :lol:

Ed Neill is a great guy and close to a friend of mine in Australia, Lucas like everyone else is gettin what he can whilst he can and yes, a move to another part of Europe is very much on :glare:

Galatasaray claim they have signed Everton full-back Lucas Neill on a one-and-a-half-year deal - Everton however claim they are considering a £750k bid.....looks like Lucash has sorted himself out AGAIN! :rolleyes:

And Kelbo - Tell his dad, his sons a greedy tw@t and shows no loyalty to any club! Im sure at his age, he is already very comfortable and set up for life.

Galatasaray claim they have signed Everton full-back Lucas Neill on a one-and-a-half-year deal - Everton however claim they are considering a £750k bid.....looks like Lucash has sorted himself out AGAIN! :rolleyes:

And Kelbo - Tell his dad, his sons a greedy tw@t and shows no loyalty to any club! Im sure at his age, he is already very comfortable and set up for life.

His dad knows that too, but this will be his last payday before he goes back to Aus I am told!!

Ever considered that it may be Moyes who might actually want to sell him in order to free up 40kpw and fund a move for another player during January children? Thought not.:rolleyes:

If we offload Reid, Roberts, MGP, Benny and Zurab then how many of them do you think will simply move for ambition? And don't even get me started on Mr Goody Two shoes from Great Harwood! :angry:

This is a pathetic and uneccesary thread. I think there is one somewhere else to launch immature attacks on Lucas Neill during term time.

btw How many players have moved to Man City this past year for ambition? Come to think about it how many of our players came because of ambition? Think hard cos for every one you can think of I'll give you half a dozen that came for money. Football is a professional sport..... capiche?

Better still! Ever wondered why Shearer chose BRFC and the Mags over MU? :wstu:

Ever considered that it may be Moyes who might actually want to sell him in order to free up 40kpw and fund a move for another player during January children? Thought not.:rolleyes:

If we offload Reid, Roberts, MGP, Benny and Zurab then how many of them do you think will simply move for ambition? And don't even get me started on Mr Goody Two shoes from Great Harwood! :angry:

This is a pathetic and uneccesary thread. I think there is one somewhere else to launch immature attacks on Lucas Neill during term time.

btw How many players have moved to Man City this past year for ambition? Come to think about it how many of our players came because of ambition? Think hard cos for every one you can think of I'll give you half a dozen that came for money. Football is a professional sport..... capiche?

Better still! Ever wondered why Shearer chose BRFC and the Mags over MU? :wstu:

Gotta agree with that, its more like moyes has realised jacobson could have done the job that lucas is doing for half the cash, at this stage in lucas's career I doubt he would want a move, he isnt the same player we had at rovers.

Thank you beerwins. For anybody of even average IQ it's impossible not to.

According to the Times report Neill's Everton deal is for 12 months and runs out this summer May 2010 whereas his new deal will now run out in summer 2011. Reading between the lines and making a basic assumptiuon Moyes must not want to extend his current deal. So basically he has got another 12 months employment out of the deal as opposed to being left out of work at the end of this season. Assuming he's on the same money thats another £1.5 to £2m guaranteed earnings from his football career.

Now who sees no sense in doing that?

If I remember correctly he showed plenty of loyalty to us, signing a long contract and letting us know long in advance he would be leaving as soon as his contract expires. He always gave 100% in a Rovers shirt, and IMO gave the best years of his career to our club.

Why isn't he loyal? He earned a move to our club, earned his new contract whilst he was here, and through performances and captaining our club he earned his move to the city's capital on RIDICULOUS money nobody else would have offered. The bloke is Australian, and is continuously earning suitors around Europe through putting in good, consistent and honest performances for the club he's currently at.

And here's a thought Hughesy, maybe he wants to look after his family for generations to come, by earning @#/? loads of money over a short footballing career.

If so fair play, he's doing a stirling job.

Personally I'm embarrassed by our fans immaturity towards ex players!!

I can only assume like with all Kids Lucas had a childhood idol.

Yep.

Funny how none of our 'Mr Angry's from Ewood' bothered to start a thread about disloyalty when we signed him from Millwall. Or does disloyalty only count on outgoing players not count on incoming ones?

Yep.

Funny how none of our 'Mr Angry's from Ewood' bothered to start a thread about disloyalty when we signed him from Millwall. Or does disloyalty only count on outgoing players not count on incoming ones?

Or when Hughes got Robbie Savage to throw his toys out of the pram at Birmingham in order to come to Ewood.

• Backroom

I don't get the problem even if its fully of his own doing, Hughesy you like to tell everybody how you make loads of money but what if another company offered you prefferential working circumstances and even more money?

The guy is looking out for himself what is the problem here. Why should footballers be loyal when fans are hardly loyal to them.

Good for him I say, tell you what if another company comes in for me and I prefer the benefits of working there I sure as hell wont worry about moving.

The guy is looking out for himself what is the problem here. Why should footballers be loyal when fans are hardly loyal to them.

See Misters McCarthy and Roberts as examples - the club would be glad to sell them so they don't have to be responsible for the rest of their contracts...

• Backroom

We also talk about loyalty yet the likes of Pedersen and Andrews get booed by our own fans, and Mr Righteous Hughesy made a thread about shipping out Andrews, where's the loyalty there?

And here we go again, people trying to defend these players and justify their own lack of standards by proclaiming what "EVERYONE" would do in a given situation.

Anyway, good luck you Lucas. I'm sure you'll get to the Champions League some day. Galatasaray certainly have a bigger chance than Rovers, Everton or West Ham.

Archived