BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan At Home - 27Th January 2010

cn174

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on who plays in the 4-5-1 and whether or not they can support Kalinic like they did in the first half against Villa. Olsson on the left wing, Hoilett on the right wing, Dunny in the hole behind the striker could work well if they support Niko.

If we line up with players like Diouf, Pedersen and Roberts then it won't work.

I predict:

--------------Robinson

Jacobsen Givet Nelsen Chimbonda

Emerton Nzonzi Pedersen Olsson

------------Dunn

-----------------Kalinic

Only possible changes would be Reid for Nzonzi or Hoilett for Emerton, but i reckon he'll largely stick with the side that played Villa, which he is entitled to do if they can reproduce that kind of performance.

Very hard to guess what sort of line-up is coming tomorrow. I'd guess something like...

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Givet Chimbonda

Emerton Reid N'Zonzi Olsson

Kalinic Di Santo

That would be my preferred line-up. Hopefully Allardyce is as positive as this is a must-win game.

I think we'll wallop them 3-0 tonight. Surely Gutsy will send them out in the same style as the Villa away game, they CAN do it and seem comfy doing it too. Wigan are not the side Bruce built up, and apart from the boy Rodellega offer little. Cannot see them bringing many fans to a wet cold Ewood on a Wednesday night, and may have their minds on sorting Notts County in the cup later next week, so inspiration may be thin on the ground also.

Be at the back of the DE , but my throat is rough so maybe speechless in the morning.

Midweek Premier League Home games.

Surprisingly rare actually, just 10 in nearly 5 years. I always had the feeling of coming away from night games dissapointed, maybe this was my memory of cup games, but our recent record in midweek Premier League games is surprisingly good.

• April 20 2005 Home Crystal Palace 1 0 Pedersen
    August 24 2005 Home Tottenham Hotspur 0 0
    February1 2006 Home Manchester United 4 3 Bentley(3),Neill(pen)
    May 2 2006 Home Chelsea 1 0 Reid
    August 23 2006 Home Everton 1 1 McCarthy
    April 18 2007 Home Watford 3 1 Samba,Roberts,McCarthy
    November28 2007 Home Aston Villa 0 4
    January 2 2008 Home Sunderland 1 0 McCarthy(pen)
    January 28 2009 Home Bolton Wanderers 2 2 Warnock,McCarthy
    March 4 2009 Home Everton 0 0

Thats P10 W5 D4 L1. Just the Villa refereeing debacle that let's the stats down.

Samba will be big miss as will McCarthy, someone needs to step up to the plate.

2-2

I think we'll wallop them 3-0 tonight. Surely Gutsy will send them out in the same style as the Villa away game, they CAN do it and seem comfy doing it too. Wigan are not the side Bruce built up, and apart from the boy Rodellega offer little. Cannot see them bringing many fans to a wet cold Ewood on a Wednesday night, and may have their minds on sorting Notts County in the cup later next week, so inspiration may be thin on the ground also.

Be at the back of the DE , but my throat is rough so maybe speechless in the morning.

N'Zogbia is their main threat ozzie, plays normally on the left wing but second half stayed on the same side, a quality player to watch out for tonight.

Think the poor following from Wigan tonight shows that they arent up for it, so tonight is a vital must win game.

Translated as 4-5-1 ;)

Not quite.

The 4-5-1 that BFS has employed for the majority of this season to no effect was like this (excuse the asterisks, but I can't be arsed typing the names! ;) ):

............****

****....****....****....****

...............****

...........****

Whereas against Villa it was like this:

............****

........****....****

....****....****....****

............****

Subtley different, but deffo much more attacking and offers the lone striker much more support. Also suited Pedersen better as his wimping out of tackles/headers didn't expose us as much as when he does it on the left wing.

Not quite.

The 4-5-1 that BFS has employed for the majority of this season to no effect was like this (excuse the asterisks, but I can't be arsed typing the names! ;) ):

............****

...............****

...........****

............****

........****....****

....****....****....****

............****

Subtley different, but deffo much more attacking and offers the lone striker much more support. Also suited Pedersen better as his wimping out of tackles/headers didn't expose us as much as when he does it on the left wing.

Ah, now I getcha. And I love it. Nice and defensive (protection for the back 4) and also quite attacking (at least 4 attacking players). Coolie.

Best possible result for tonight….Rovers win, Eveton & Sunderland draw & Birmingham get battered! It would take us level 9th with Fulham & Everton

It would also add pressure to Everton for Saturday V Wigan as after that they face Liverpool, Chelsea & United

:rover: tonights the last chance for points for 3 games,we will get nowt at west spam and stoke :wacko::brfcsmilie:

Think this game is going to interesting to see or feel how the players react or perform now that Benni has gone.

How will they judge the loss of Benni and react, will there be a positive air about their play, or will they look sorry for themselves and look like a dejected bunch ?

Not quite.

............****

...............****

...........****

............****

........****....****

....****....****....****

............****

Some of you need to get a proper job. Too much time on your hands. PM me and I'll sort you out.

Not quite.

(excuse the asterisks, but I can't be arsed typing the names! ;) ):

............****

...............****

...........****

I just thought you were calling them all sh*t

Some Stats courtesy of the BBC

The home team has won 4 of the last 5 meetings.

Rovers

1 win in last 14 in all comps

Last league defeat at Ewood was to Spurs on Dec 19th

Dunn not scored in 2 months (but to be fair he has been injured)

Wigan

Conceded 44 goals in 20 league games, they only conceded 45 goals in all league games last season.

Failed to score in the first half in 13 of their 20 league games.

Jason Scotland has not scored in 1078 minutes (17 hours 38 mins) of leaugue football.

Archived