BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan At Home - 27Th January 2010

cn174

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all the stats......shots on/off posesion etc show wigan on top, anyone got any idea on what the game is actually like?

According to sky live commentary, Rovers have been pretty comfortable Wigan have had the odd effort straight at robinson. Kalinic had a good start but has had a quiet 10 minutes or so.

We've been quite ok. Wigan has had some posession but rarely threatened except for when Diouf tried to fake a freekick. There is a lot more fluency in the midfield and the confidence seems to be there. Kalinic again unlucky to hit the post, but has shown good awareness and touches again. MGP does look a lot better in his midfield role and has finally gotten a decent short haircut which makes him look a bit more manly. Olsson dealing very well with N'Zogbia. Hoilett looks a bit stronger and has been able to hold off Melchiot a couple of times.

What i have just seen is unbelievable. Linesmen really are annoying!!! the ball is played quite clearly to Hugo R, very offside. but he doesnt flag until after he touches the ball. I think these people seem to forget that you are offside as soon as the ball leaves the passers foot not on the first touch. this rule needs looking at over the summer, it's become way to complicated.

from the last 10 mins i've seen, the games a bit slow and i cant believe Kalanic has hit the post again. (how many times now)

Good goal from Perdersen tho, although the defender/ keeper on the lines effort is quite funny.

Reasonably impressive first half. A few observations:

Olsson seems to be looking much more assured on the ball since getting a run of games (confidence player?)

Kalinic started off sharply but has become more isolated as Rovers have been content to sit back since the goal

Emerton has been poor, and has been for the last few matches

Robbo hasn't had a save to make (that I can remember)

Junior has been quiet on the wing tonight

Hoping we don't get deeper and deeper in the second half. Wigan look to be there for a 2/3-0 victory. Sam concerns me as he attempts to defend any sort of lead, in particular as it often ends in conceding goal/s.

Was just saying as the teams went in that we deserved our lead and that we were playing fluid football!!!

What i have just seen is unbelievable. Linesmen really are annoying!!! the ball is played quite clearly to Hugo R, very offside. but he doesnt flag until after he touches the ball. I think these people seem to forget that you are offside as soon as the ball leaves the passers foot not on the first touch. this rule needs looking at over the summer, it's become way to complicated.

from the last 10 mins i've seen, the games a bit slow and i cant believe Kalanic has hit the post again. (how many times now)

Good goal from Perdersen tho, although the defender/ keeper on the lines effort is quite funny.

No the rule is all about phases and becoming active which Rodallega wasn't until he touched it! Its very annoying but it is what it is at the minute

No the rule is all about phases and becoming active which Rodallega wasn't until he touched it! Its very annoying but it is what it is at the minute

i understand, but i honestly believe that it is an automatic offside as the ball was clearly played to a player running at goal, behind the last line with nobody around him. If he wasnt there, the pass would not have been made, and there was no doubt in anybodys mind that the pass wasn't meant for somebody else. it's all about interpretation of the law, which doesnt seem to be right, i can see a few teams at this summers world cup taking huge advantages of this.

Archived