BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan At Home - 27Th January 2010

cn174

Kalinic really reminds me of Van nistlehorse, he is a real six yard goal poacher, if we find the playstyle and partner for him I have no doubt this lad is going to score plenty of goals and fair play to Sam like someone said erlier he is looking stronger and not bouncing off defenders like he was at sunderland.

All we need is Sam to understand that 1 goal just isnt enough and we will be fine.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Need to get back to supporting him like we did before the goal, not going to score if we just hoof it to him.

NIKO!!!! first prem goal!!!

I had to wait till I saw the score change before celebrating.

Anyone else hear the boos when they subbed Niko after the goal?

Two up top was the right choice, but taking Niko off?

Well, Fat Sam sure is banking on youth and pace tonight with Pedersen and Spit!

I would really love to know what the "positive" people from the Villa defeat have to say about this now. I really would.

We won, played quite well and MGP was man of the match.

Patience is a virtue :blush:

Crucial win for us and we did it!!

2 good goals by Rovers, Niko took his header well with a defender jumping just in front of him but he positioned himself very well, it showed that he had been challenging the keeper for most corners but then pulled away from him for the goal.

Played well for the majority apart from when it was 1-1 and we started to hoof it from what I saw.

Very good 3 points and we can't ask for much more than that.

Vital 3 points. Great to see Kalinic getting a goal and it was a decent performance as well. A couple of odd subs though. MGP is probably earning that new contract. Not sure if he actually wants to stay, but unless we can get money for him I just don't see how it makes sense to let him go on a free. He adds more to our squad than the majority of our midfield and with the new role he's been given over the past few weeks he's really starting to look better.

Commentator- "Sam has obviously told Rovers to keep this tight in this half"...about 2 minutes before Wigan equalised.

Ah right I guess he was in the dressing room then ;) We always drop deep to portect a narrow lead, nothing new that sam has done to change that. Players just needed to keep going.

Kalinic pops up with a deserved winner!

We are grimly hanging on.

Always works- typed that and Kalinic has a very good shot saved..,

Seems Sam has told Rovers to play it tight second half- recipe for complete disaster.

Commentator- "Sam has obviously told Rovers to keep this tight in this half"...about 2 minutes before Wigan equalised.

Wigan looking the more likely to win this game- the team that has played the football all evening according to the commentators.

Phew!!!

Great 3 points.

come on philip! cheer up!

Rubbish second half performance, and one of the first times this season where we had a better first half than second. But thankfully Pedersen had a magnificent game and his set plays were causing them trouble. We overcame a difficult tie Id say and that's a deserved win based on the first half pressure.

No one deserves a winner more than the man who got it today.

come on philip! cheer up!

He has decided he is against Sam so, since then, he will now not say anything positive about him until he is either 1) sacked, 2) does something dramatic that makes him like him again, like cure cancer or elimate aids.

Its like the whole Man Utd in debt saga, or the Trustees investment in Rovers. Once he has the bit between his teeth there is no real further debate in his mind!

Very chuffed with the win - I had resigned myself to a draw after their equaliser but credit to the lads for getting the 3 points, and a big 3 points it is.

Lets hope Niko's goal is the first of many. As I said earlier, if this lad had a strike partner he could potentially be a 15 goal a season man.

If he could stop hitting the woodwork he'd be a 15 goal a season striker on his own.

Have to say very pleased by Pedersen yet again in the middle, the role just suits him. And another goal by the lad.

Good to see back to back wins in the premiership.

Not happy about Kalinic coming off, I'm sure he would have bagged a 3rd for us and won me my money.

Ref has lost the plot, foul throw and he lets Wigan take it again.

The ball didnt come from behind his head did it ?

If so, then the ball isnt in play so the throw must be retaken again was that not the case.

If he could stop hitting the woodwork he'd be a 15 goal a season striker on his own.

Have to say very pleased by Pedersen yet again in the middle, the role just suits him. And another goal by the lad.

Good to see back to back wins in the premiership.

Not happy about Kalinic coming off, I'm sure he would have bagged a 3rd for us and won me my money.

And from where we always said he would score from if he played centre mid!!

Kelbo and Maji new BRFC Management team! :lol:

The ball didnt come from behind his head did it ?

If so, then the ball isnt in play so the throw must be retaken again was that not the case.

Hang on didn't he hit the top, back of his head with the ball and it bobbled out of his hands?

Personally I thought the ref ballsd up and we should have been allowed to attack.

He has decided he is against Sam so, since then, he will now not say anything positive about him until he is either 1) sacked, 2) does something dramatic that makes him like him again, like cure cancer or elimate aids.

Its like the whole Man Utd in debt saga, or the Trustees investment in Rovers. Once he has the bit between his teeth there is no real further debate in his mind!

True, quite sad really.

Archived