BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan At Home - 27Th January 2010

cn174

:rover: thats 6pts out of the 10pts needed from our 4 home games,so in my eyes we need 4pts from lotnob and hull and everthing will be hunky doorie,listened on the radio last night and the commatator really ripped in to spit,how does he get picked,good to see youtube score,real strikers goal :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diouf played really well in the first half, the best I have seen from him in a Rovers top. One ball through to Kalinic, which saw him ruled offside (wrongly I thought...) was sublime, left Niko clean through.

Are you Ozz? I thought he was awful once again.

Thats cos we seem to have a very strong band of 5th columnists hell bent on getting Allardyce out by by causing mischief at every opportunity. Lasting and serious damage to the club is a by-product which does not deter them.

:rover: just sounds like you when ince was here :blush::brfc:

I hope so too. I definately regret booing now, knowing the reason for him coming off. Fair play to Sam. Having thought back, wasn't it a little ironic of us to say Sam's heart wasn't in it?

Then learn from it. Booing just because others around you are doing it, or because you don't get the manager's thinking, is pretty poor. Keep it positive and safe any criticism for after the final whistle.

What makes me laugh is when the BBurn End boo, then ten minutes later are singing Big Sam’s Blue and White Army :blink:

As for the 442 argument. I'd much rather see a 4 5 1 with

Hoilett Bert Nzonzi MGP Olsson

Kalinic

Than 442 with

Diouf Andrews Nzonzi MGP

Roberts Kalinic

For me it is not the fact that we played 4 5 1 but the fact we didn’t have the players of the pace to make it work.

As for the 442 argument. I'd much rather see a 4 5 1 with

Hoilett Bert Nzonzi MGP Olsson

Kalinic

Than 442 with

Diouf Andrews Nzonzi MGP

Roberts Kalinic

For me it is not the fact that we played 4 5 1 but the fact we didn’t have the players of the pace to make it work.

But then wouldn't you rather we saw 4-4-2 with:

Emerton Reid N'Zonzi Olsson

Kalinic Di Santo

than either of those. It's about picking the right formation AND the right players.

How was it Chimbonda's fault? it was a foul! he's playing ok!

He went down too easily, should have been stronger and played to the whistle. Not one Rovers player appealed for a foul at the time which says it all really?

I've never seen Chimbonda celebrate a win so vicariously, I presume that he was celebrating towards the Rovers fans in the Darwen End at end of the game rather than taunting the Wigan fans in the upper tier.

I've never seen Chimbonda celebrate a win so vicariously, I presume that he was celebrating towards the Rovers fans in the Darwen End at end of the game rather than taunting the Wigan fans in the upper tier.

I assume he was taunting the Wigan fans, he pointed to his name on the back of his shirt twice

He faded badly Gav, but fairs fair the first half I thought he played well. Still don't rate him though, he's a ponce.

Think I need to take the anti Diouf Ray bans of from time to time, then again...... ;)

Good night at Ewood again. Why are night matches so much more interesting! Important three points.My only gripe of the night was with Diouf who at the end of the first half nearly presented Wigan with a goal having dawdled on the ball. The reaction of Pedersen was really eye=opening. He went absolutely ballistic at Diouf and then carried on by gesticulating to the bench that he should be subbed. I have never seen Pedersen be so animated in a match. Later he gave a mouthful to the linesman on the Riverside. He got really worked up last night and the MOM award.Perhaps he should reflect that the two are linked.

Disagree with you here nafe, Marks right, he needs dropping for the West Ham game to keep him on his toes.

Chimbonda has been far too weak a defender since christmas, so now hes got to be dropped, otherwise it sends out the wrong messages to the rest of the team.

Disagree with you here nafe, Marks right, he needs dropping for the West Ham game to keep him on his toes.

Chimbonda has been far too weak a defender since christmas, so now hes got to be dropped, otherwise it sends out the wrong messages to the rest of the team.

The fans want us to attack more but you suggest dropping an attacking full back. I can't weigh up some people ;)

I wouldn't drop him, he's the best option at right back and he's good at going forward. We need players like him.

The fans want us to attack more but you suggest dropping an attacking full back. I can't weigh up some people ;)

I wouldn't drop him, he's the best option at right back and he's good at going forward. We need players like him.

You're right about attacking, but surely Salgado and Jacobsen support when they can.

Chimbonda has cost too many goals can it be allowed to carry on.

I thought Chimbonda was solid again last night, he gets criticised for being soft but got some good blocks in.

I'm afraid he wasnt solid enough for Wigans goal, more like a tea bag just competeing with hardly any desire to win the duel

Just hope Allardyce didnt buy it.

• Backroom

I don't know what he can do when somebody is clambering all over his back, he could have been a weightlifter and struggled to hold him off from that angle whilst off balance

I don't know what he can do when somebody is clambering all over his back, he could have been a weightlifter and struggled to hold him off from that angle whilst off balance

Far to frequently this sort of thing is a happening.

Its been mentioned about him turning his back on crosses.

Sunderlands first goal were he allowed the mackem to go past him far too easily.

Then Villa cup, their third goal from a corner he jumps with no intention of winning the ball, the ball comes into the six yard area goal conceded again.

The other lads should surely be given their chance now.

Nope, that's Jacobsen for me. Chimbonda at LEFT back before Right Back. On the left, he is so one-footed that he can't be a fancy-dan and so won't cock-up. Yet he still attacks as well as he does on the right. The difference being he plays the basics better when he knows his weakness.

Nope, that's Jacobsen for me. Chimbonda at LEFT back before Right Back. On the left, he is so one-footed that he can't be a fancy-dan and so won't cock-up. Yet he still attacks as well as he does on the right. The difference being he plays the basics better when he knows his weakness.

One question re Jacobsen, have you ever seen him commit himself into a tackle? You may well prove me wrong but I can't remember him getting stuck in. He zonal marks, ok he might not take his eyes off the ball but I wish he'd just crunch 'em at times, get into 'em and f@ck 'em up style.

Chimbonda is far from perfect but Jacobsen - not for me.

One question re Jacobsen, have you ever seen him commit himself into a tackle? You may well prove me wrong but I can't remember him getting stuck in. He zonal marks, ok he might not take his eyes off the ball but I wish he'd just crunch 'em at times, get into 'em and f@ck 'em up style.

Chimbonda is far from perfect but Jacobsen - not for me.

In his last game vs City he was all over bellamy. Bellamy got maybe 2 decent crosses in all game? Jacobsen is an Ooijer to me. Not the paciest but makes up for it by his reading of the game. He doesn't get very many tackle in I admit, but the pressure he puts on the oppo wingers is immense, always positioned well and makes the oppo player bugger up, rather than go in hard. I'd say he's made roughly a dozen good tackles in his time here. but they were down to him running from behind the player and last-ditch. He's a good full back in that he doesn't give himself the NEED to go down.

The reason Warnock flew in to so many great tackles was often his own undoing further up the field. Something Jacobsen doesn't have to do. That's my take on him anyway.

The thing I don't get is, why was Chimbonda marking Caldwell right in front of goal? Wigan don't have many big players, only him, Scharner and Bramble really...so why put a fairly small full back on Caldwell? Nelsen, Givet or N'zonzi should have been picking him up.

Chimbonda isn't really big enough to do anything more in that situation, he just got completely out muscled. If we had set ourselves up properly we could have had a stronger player there and prevented the goal.

In his last game vs City he was all over bellamy. Bellamy got maybe 2 decent crosses in all game? Jacobsen is an Ooijer to me. Not the paciest but makes up for it by his reading of the game. He doesn't get very many tackle in I admit, but the pressure he puts on the oppo wingers is immense, always positioned well and makes the oppo player bugger up, rather than go in hard. I'd say he's made roughly a dozen good tackles in his time here. but they were down to him running from behind the player and last-ditch. He's a good full back in that he doesn't give himself the NEED to go down.

The reason Warnock flew in to so many great tackles was often his own undoing further up the field. Something Jacobsen doesn't have to do. That's my take on him anyway.

Fair enough, there's just something about him, I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the derby day memories........

Chimbonda great run and finish

Jacobsen at fault for their first

I can't get it out of my head, Chimbonda is guilty of turning his back on crosses but Jacobsen, how he let Robbie Blake run at him like that, I don't think I'll ever forgive him ;)

so why put a fairly small full back on Caldwell? Nelsen, Givet or N'zonzi should have been picking him up.

Sorry to be picky

Pascal Chimbonda 180cm)

Ryan Nelsen (183cm)

Gaël Givet(181cm)

Nzonzi I can't argue with but the others there's only a couple of centimetres between them and that counts for nothing when a player is all over you, like Caldwell was.

Archived