BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan At Home - 27Th January 2010

cn174

Key weaknesses tonight were, Diouf again, N'Zonzi definitely needs resting, and Olsson should be moved up field when we defend corners. Second half Hoilett loooked like a boy playing against men. Two challenges were the Wigan lads went through him in a 50/50 showed his physical side isnt there just yet but i'm sure it will come over the seasons.

Thought big Sam showed the crowd up when he subbed Kalinic just after he scored, it was a good substitution for Rovers putting two fresh legs on to rest the tiring Nikola.

A big well done to Morten Gamst Pedersen.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And from where we always said he would score from if he played centre mid!!

Kelbo and Maji new BRFC Management team! :lol:

:lol:

We'll do it for 10K a week each, JW????

:lol::lol:

I'm in two minds now, he hasn't been himself for a while but if he carries on like this till the end of the year and walks on a free?? Well I'd be disappointed to see him go, especially as he's finally being played in the middle and looking like he's taking to the role.

But he could just be playing well since he knows there are scouts about looking at him.

Tricky decision for Sam coming up.

Hmm where do we fit Basturk in?

Emerton as the holding midfielder, with Basturk alongside Mgp and Hoilett and Olsson on the wings?

Robbo

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton

Basturk Mgp Olsson Dunn

Kalinic

Hmm where do we fit Basturk in?

Emerton as the holding midfielder, with Mgp in central mid and Basturk and Olsson on the wings?

Robbo

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton

Basturk Mgp Olsson Dunn

Kalinic

• Backroom

Very relieved and pleased with the win. So chuffed for Kalinic who works tirelessly and showed a touch of genuine world class with a piece of control in the first half and cretaed something from nothing to bring Emerton into play when Peds hit the bar.

Sam got it right and wrong today, I think the lineup was fine with the exception of Diouf and we started brightly, however I thought Diouf should have come off and not Hoilett even though Junior was quiet. Sam got lucky we got the corner when we did as I think the fans would have been very angry to see Niko come off for Roberts at 1-1.

Olsson was very good again and gave us a real outlet, at one time after about 80 minutes he ran about 50 yards with the ball from left back and ended up on the end of the 6 yard box and could have scored. Brilliant.

MOTM by a country mile though was Pedersen, simply superb in my opinion, did nearly everything right, worked hard, got stuck in, hit the bar, set up the winner and scored a belter.

:lol:

We'll do it for 10K a week each, JW????

:lol::lol:

I'm in two minds now, he hasn't been himself for a while but if he carries on like this till the end of the year and walks on a free?? Well I'd be disappointed to see him go, especially as he's finally being played in the middle and looking like he's taking to the role.

But he could just be playing well since he knows there are scouts about looking at him.

Tricky decision for Sam coming up.

He is not a pacey player but can pass can read the game, has vision can shoot, can deliver a ball and does out a shift in, he scores goals too!! How much for a midfielder with those qualities??? we are talking quite a bit and not a couple of million!!!

Guest Kamy100

Just got back, great 3 points.

First half we were in total control.

Second half we were poor for first 15 minutes and Wigan equalised. Slowly got back on top and grabbed the winner.

A lot of dissent from the crowd in the second half, plenty of booing from the Blackburn end, all aimed at the tactics etc.

Well done to Morten who did very well and Niko did well again, especially as he was feeding on scraps for much of the game.

Normally I'm a moody @#/? at Rovers, but didn't join in with the dissent. We were playing badly, but we played well in the first half and the scoreline was 1-1...

Knew we'd win tonight...

MGP and Kalinic :)

Morten man of the match, with special mentions for Niko and Brett, who both never stopped running.

Big win tonight which gives us a bit of breathing space away from the dreaded drop zone. First half i thought we played well and really should have been more than 1 up but the second half was jittery and nervy and certainly not helped when the Blackburn End start getting on their backs which clearly affected them. Kalinic really does deserve all the plaudits he gets as the lad just never stops working the team. I have to say i thought the ref was absolute garbage tonight and they couldn't help dropping like flies knowing he would blow for a free kick. All in all 7 points clear of the bottom 3 and back to back wins for the 1st time in a long time but i do wish people would stop moaning about the manager and the system he plays as it clearly isn't helping anybody out there on the pitch but when we do get behind them they clearly respond

I think that win has all but secured us Premier League survival. I cannot see us failing to get 10 - 13 points over the next 15 games and we are hitting form just as Burnley are going through a bad spell and while Hull continue to look poor.

Looking at the Wigan goal, it really should have been a free kick as their player was all over Chimbonda.

Oh, and Kalinic continues to impress me. He will be well worth the money we paid, I'm sure.

Well deserved win tonight and apart from a shaky 15 minute spell we were the better team. The referee was horrendous, I really don't know where he got most his decisions from. Kalinic again worked his balls off, he'll easy hit double figures in all competitions this season. Another solid performance from MGP, that position certainly suits him.

I wish the Ewood crowd would stay behind the team though, they turned when things weren't going our way (Wigan were always going to come into the game). One minute booing, singing songs about the tactics then we go ahead then all is forgiven signing 'Big Sam's blue and white army' again. We all need to back the team, through thick and thin and stop the negative chanting.

I wish the Ewood crowd would stay behind the team though, they turned when things weren't going our way One minute booing, singing songs about the tactics

Must been the anti-Allardyce idiots who inhabit this messageboard.

Must been the anti-Allardyce idiots who inhabit this messageboard.

Nope. I support Allardyce generally (apart from when he went off the boil a couple of weeks ago). I was fooked off with him taking off Niko and joined in the booing (not the 442 chant though). However, I see his reasoning to save him for West Ham game, as he'd worked his ###### off.

Normally I'm a moody @#/? at Rovers, but didn't join in with the dissent. We were playing badly, but we played well in the first half and the scoreline was 1-1...

Knew we'd win tonight...

MGP and Kalinic :)

Morten man of the match, with special mentions for Niko and Brett, who both never stopped running.

Interesting thing - many thought MGP man of the match tonight. I wonder whether many would play MGP in the centre of a 4 man midfield ? Having said that, I am absolutely desperate to see Di Santo and Kallanic paired together up front - they would scare the living daylights out of many defenders with their willingness to run - while also carrying a goal threat.

Was discussing after the game why Sam seems intent on not playing Di Santo and Kalinic together (though must admit I was pleasantly surprised when we actually brought on 2 forwards - half expected one of them to sit down and our Keef appear).

We reached the conclusion that perhaps Allardyce is concerened that if the 2 strike up a good/prolific partnership together he will be forced to play both in 4-4-2 formation rather than his favoured 4-5-1. As such he won't give them time together on the pitch.

Wonder what others think?

People need to get off Allardyce's back now. I was worried that his heart was not in it two weeks ago but things seem to have changed, he has been more positive on and off the pitch, has obviously signed a real star in Kalinic and seems to have sorted Pedersen out. It's clear he is here until the end of the season at least (I wouldn't be surprised if he bows out on health grounds in the summer). What is the point in booing him now?

My one hope is that he is sensible in the transfer window. If we are going to sign older players "to do a job" then make sure it's a loan job. We need to continue cutting the squad down to size and building it back up slowly and sensibly.

1 football Blackburn Quotes

ALLARDYCE - ROVERS ON THE UP

By Ian Parkes, Press Association Sport

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce can sense his side are on the rise after watching Niko Kalinic's goal lift Rovers to the giddy heights of 11th in the Barclays Premier League.

Kalinic, a £6million summer buy from Hadjuk Split, has been slowly integrated into top-flight English football by Allardyce, and such patience is being rewarded.

Kalinic's 76th-minute winner was his sixth goal of the season, and his first in the league, but it was enough to give Blackburn a 2-1 win over Lancashire rivals Wigan at Ewood Park.

It is now back-to-back league victories for Rovers, who are seven points clear of the relegation zone, and have key matches looming against West Ham, Stoke, Hull and Bolton over the next few weeks.

A fair sprinkling of points from those and Rovers will be closing in on the 40-point mark, which usually is enough to guarantee safety.

``We had numerous chances, scored two goals, and in the end we won the game comfortably,'' assessed Allardyce.

``At times it was a bit scrappy, but it was a great, battling performance, and another three points.

``It's the second time we've managed to get back-to-back wins this season, and what a difference it makes in the Premier League.

``It has shot us up to 11th, and we've started 2010 really well, so let's keep it going, with everybody playing their part.

``It's looking good for us. If we can go on a little undefeated run now, starting at West Ham, then we're looking okay.''

The win concluded a good day for Allardyce, who earlier completed a deal for Turkey midfielder Yildiray Basturk, who has signed a short-term contract until the end of the season.

Basturk, though, has barely played in the last 18 months for former club Stuttgart and, while that is a worry, Allardyce is hoping he has unearthed another hidden gem.

``If he can reproduce the form he has shown in Germany, then we're looking forward to him playing here,'' said Allardyce.

``The lad is committed. He wants to play in the Premier League, and we're going to give him the chance.

``I hope he is one of those gems I used to find at the old club down the road (Bolton) because he certainly has the quality and ability.

``What we've got is someone who has been cast off at the club he was at, and he wants to test his ability in the Premier League.

``I've had many of those so-called mercenaries in the past like Jay-Jay Okocha, Youri Djorkaeff, Fernando Hierro, Ivan Campo, Bruno N'Gotty, Stelios Giannakopoulos, and they've all been outstandingly good players in the Premier League.

``I hope this lad will do the same. He certainly has the pedigree anyway.

``We will introduce him in two to three weeks' time, and let's see what he can do.''

While Allardyce is starting to breath a little easier, Latics boss Roberto Martinez is continuing to struggle to come to terms with his side's inconsistent football.

The Latics had a chance of at least taking a point when Gary Caldwell cancelled out Morten Gamst Pedersen's stunning 20th-minute strike with a 53rd-minute equaliser - his first goal on his second outing since his recent move from Celtic.

But Kalinic had the final say to leave Martinez disappointed.

He said: ``Our first-half performance wasn't good enough. We weren't ourselves at all, and we couldn't understand what was needed.

``We made a few adjustments at half time, and I was delighted with the reaction because we controlled the game and imposed ourselves more.

``You could feel after we scored we were going to be the team to win it, so to lose the game the way we did with a free header and lapse of concentration is very hard to take.''

end

The fans sing we want two strikers on and 442, Sam brings on two strikers but takes off the goalscorer who would have been subbed regardless, yet the fans boo, WHAT? I wish they'd make their mind up.

Did anyone listen to Radio Lancashire?

Also did Chimbonda go over to the Wigan fans at the end?

The ball didnt come from behind his head did it ?

If so, then the ball isnt in play so the throw must be retaken again was that not the case.

Laws of the game

Throw-in

A throw-in is awarded when the whole ball crosses the touch line (conceded by the team who last touched the ball). It is delivered off the field of play with both hands and from behind and over the deliverer’s head. Otherwise it is deemed to be a ‘foul throw’ and a throw-in is given to the opposition. It cannot go direct to the goalkeeper’s hands (if on the same team) and you cannot score directly from a throw-in.

So one of three things should have happened. 1) The throw was valid and as it went to MGP he should have been allowed to run in on the box, or 2) The throw was foul and it should have been our throw, or 3) it was an under-8's game and the lad was given another go to take it right. The [not very good] referee clearly decided it was 3)

Terrible ref. Great three points. Bit of a dodgy performance at times. Not happy with Sam's comments about the West Ham game ("we don't need a win") - he clearly hasn't learned that this team is incapable of playing a game out

The [not very good] referee clearly decided it was 3)

:lol: Lee Mason - Bolton born and bred, lives in Bolton, his brother played for Bolton, I know there's some rivalry between Wigan and Bolton but he shouldn't have been able to ref this game, Mark Halsey in disguise.

Laws of the game

Throw-in

A throw-in is awarded when the whole ball crosses the touch line (conceded by the team who last touched the ball). It is delivered off the field of play with both hands and from behind and over the deliverer’s head. Otherwise it is deemed to be a ‘foul throw’ and a throw-in is given to the opposition. It cannot go direct to the goalkeeper’s hands (if on the same team) and you cannot score directly from a throw-in.

So one of three things should have happened. 1) The throw was valid and as it went to MGP he should have been allowed to run in on the box, or 2) The throw was foul and it should have been our throw, or 3) it was an under-8's game and the lad was given another go to take it right. The [not very good] referee clearly decided it was 3)

Terrible ref. Great three points. Bit of a dodgy performance at times. Not happy with Sam's comments about the West Ham game ("we don't need a win") - he clearly hasn't learned that this team is incapable of playing a game out

Sitting at the opposite side of the ground it looked like the player was rubbing the ball, then when he went to lift it over his head to begin the motion, the ball spurned out of his hands and onto the floor - was it like this?.

If so, then the player hadnt properly finished his throw, so retake it. Theres no foul throw because the player hasnt completed the procedure to put the ball into play.

The fans sing we want two strikers on and 442, Sam brings on two strikers but takes off the goalscorer who would have been subbed regardless, yet the fans boo, WHAT? I wish they'd make their mind up.

Did anyone listen to Radio Lancashire?

Also did Chimbonda go over to the Wigan fans at the end?

Rovers fans in the Darwen end.

Archived