BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Complete Basturk Deal

"although limited finances would leave a permanent deal a long shot." - What's the point then?!

Nonesense by the LT

They should of put something more along the lines of 'Depending on Rovers priorities in the summer". We have the wage space left by Benni + the one that Di Santo & Reid will more than likely leave too - thats before we think about the likes of Zurab, or MGP moving on + others!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still think Basturk, can offer something to us next season. imo he is still a classy player, with the potential to shine under Big Sam. If he impresses say in the last 3 or 4 games, then perhaps it might make it easier on Sam to find the creative midfielder we lacking.If it doesnt work, then we have not lost anything as he was a low risk signing.

"although limited finances would leave a permanent deal a long shot."

I think this just means, although Sam would probably like to keep him longer it really isnt worth it as money must be spent elsewhere. Im sure Allardyce will use him before the season is out but I think he would rather give him a full pre-season and use him next year but it's a risk, a risk not worth taking considering his age and injuries.

Of course we will be paying Basturk. He's hardly likely to be making less than what most of us make in a year, in a month either!

We should only extend / take him on a permanent deal if we are 100% that he is likely to be fit and ready to play at this level. If that is not the case, he has to go. A club like us can't afford to take 'risks' particularly on older players.

I say start him in all the remaining games, see what he can do, especially over Pedersen who cant hold us to ransom. Id play him and Dunn behind Kalinic with Grella sitting and let Nzonzi rest, that trio would have a sitter and a lot of creativity.

Trio of Dunn, Grella and Basturk. Sure lets play the most crocked trio in Premiership history together, especially Basturk who hasn't played a single minute of first team action....

I say start him in all the remaining games, see what he can do, especially over Pedersen who cant hold us to ransom. Id play him and Dunn behind Kalinic with Grella sitting and let Nzonzi rest, that trio would have a sitter and a lot of creativity.

Every place is worth circa 800k, why would you give money away?????. :wacko:

Trio of Dunn, Grella and Basturk. Sure lets play the most crocked trio in Premiership history together, especially Basturk who hasn't played a single minute of first team action....

That's three first half subs just waiting to happen...

Taken from Sky Sports

Another player Allardyce is in talks with is Turkey's Yildiray Basturk.

Basturk arrived on a short-term deal from Stuttgartin January, but he is yet to play a game for Rovers.

"Yily has trained very hard and it is very unfortunate (for him) that because everyone has been doing so well in his short time here, it's been difficult to put him in to a Premier League game," he said.

"We want to protect our home record, win the game and keep our undefeated run going, so I will be picking the strongest side I can.

"Maybe later on, if we get three points against Everton, I can look at it against Wolves or Arsenal, or Villa after that.

"I haven't (made a decision yet). I'm really disappointed I haven't had the opportunity to let him show what he has got, but that is a fact of life."

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing seems like he is going to stay. He has played only one half and Sam has hinted Lingazhi will be given his debut on final day. That probably means Basturk won´t get second chance this season. Basturk could have been useful attacking minded midfielder next season if MGP goes. Strange that Sam didn´t want to see him more in action.

Nothing seems like he is going to stay. He has played only one half and Sam has hinted Lingazhi will be given his debut on final day. That probably means Basturk won´t get second chance this season. Basturk could have been useful attacking minded midfielder next season if MGP goes. Strange that Sam didn´t want to see him more in action.

He looked very ring-rusty against Wolves, but he played a delightful through-ball for Salgado, who fell in the box (I think?), so his class hasn't left him. It could be worth checking him out after a pre-season under his belt, but I won't blame Sam if he looks elsewhere.

He looked very ring-rusty against Wolves, but he played a delightful through-ball for Salgado, who fell in the box (I think?), so his class hasn't left him. It could be worth checking him out after a pre-season under his belt, but I won't blame Sam if he looks elsewhere.

Basturk will be offered a deal imo but at our price and on our terms. If he can get better elsewhere then thats OK. If he can't then thats OK too.

Archived