BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton (Home) Preview

jrabrfc

Don't be so childish. I've seen the club struggling to survive in the old 2nd division and that wasn't pretty but we never played shapeless hoofball.

It's nothing to do wanting to watch ultra fancy dan football. I just want to see the club I love strive for more instead of the surrender football we play under the current manager.

I just no longer feel inspired to watch hoof football with the sole ambition of meerly surviving anymore. IF the style of play was to revert back to association football then maybe I and many others would feel differently. Fans can't help how they feel. Some may be content with scraping by wasting their afternoons and evenings without any entertainment (even a 2 minute spell of pressure would be better than present) and others like me, who are getting towards their 40's, are fed up with the money, hype and a league half full of ambitionless clubs with absolutely terrible players and feel that there's better things to be doing with their time.

However at present I have the matches remaining on my season ticket and I will support the team as ever but they have a big job on to keep me on board after the summer. It saddens me to feel this way but sadly I do. It's my opinion, this is a forum for opinions and I am entitled to express it. Not everyone has a pair of rose tinted specs.

Well said that man. I think that echoes a lot of people's disillusionment not just with Rovers and the awful dross we play, but with football in general.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Nelsen ©, Givet, Olsson, Nzonzi, Andrews, Diouf, Pedersen, Hoilett, Kalinić.

Subs: Brown, Dunn, Roberts, Grella, Reid, Di Santo, Chimbonda.

Hoilett in for Bert who has a minor injury, Dunn and Grella on the bench.

Hoping that Dunn comes on for Andrews at some point, particularly if we're not winning.

Don't be so childish. I've seen the club struggling to survive in the old 2nd division and that wasn't pretty but we never played shapeless hoofball.

It's nothing to do wanting to watch ultra fancy dan football. I just want to see the club I love strive for more instead of the surrender football we play under the current manager.

I just no longer feel inspired to watch hoof football with the sole ambition of meerly surviving anymore. IF the style of play was to revert back to association football then maybe I and many others would feel differently. Fans can't help how they feel. Some may be content with scraping by wasting their afternoons and evenings without any entertainment (even a 2 minute spell of pressure would be better than present) and others like me, who are getting towards their 40's, are fed up with the money, hype and a league half full of ambitionless clubs with absolutely terrible players and feel that there's better things to be doing with their time.

However at present I have the matches remaining on my season ticket and I will support the team as ever but they have a big job on to keep me on board after the summer. It saddens me to feel this way but sadly I do. It's my opinion, this is a forum for opinions and I am entitled to express it. Not everyone has a pair of rose tinted specs.

If you express such unreasonable opinions then you're entitled to express them but people are entitled to call you out on them.

Surrender football?! There's a case for that away from home but we have the 8th best home record in the league. Considering you're basing your opinion on your season ticket and therefore the home games, that is utterly false.

"Merely surviving" isn't our sole aim - it's to do as well in the league as we can. However after last season's Ince disaster consolidating our place in the league this term was always going to be the main aim and Sam has done pretty well. We haven't looked in serious danger of going down all season - earlier on in the season we were hovering around those slots but we're currently 8 points clear. Getting a safe mid table position this season is probably the aim and it's a pretty reasonable one. Europe is a considerably tougher task than even under Hughes or Souness. Villa only started splashing the big cash halfway through Hughes' reign, Spurs are a much stronger force than they ever were and City coming in means that the top 7 slots (including the big 4) are more or less taken by teams far out of our reach. Add in the fact that Everton can splash out a combined £24m on two midfielders and any sane person would start to see that where we are currently is pretty good all considered.

"Absolutely terrible" players again is harsh - we have a clutch of players who are far from that, they just don't have the creative flair, flicks or tricks to get the pulse racing. Ambitionless? Well we could always get relegated down to League One and then have the ambition of getting EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE NOW maybe? Would that make you happy?

Most fans support their club, they go to see their team win, and if the side plays pretty football then all the better. I can't go nearly as much as I used to thanks to my job and living away from Blackburn but if I could I definitely would. I'd rather see us win games and the feeling that brings as the end of the game and when the winning goal is scored, than to see us play pretty triangles and slide towards the drop zone. People say both can be achieved - in theory yes - but in practice it's achieved by very few teams on a budget likes ours.

Top post fella

Dead right with your comments. Not impressed with todays team- Where's Emmo ? Dunn ,Reid , Grella all on the bench but Andrews plays ? Nzonzi could do with a rest in my opinion. Bolton go 4-4-2 with two strikers and two wide players. Hope that the Korean guy doesn't see too much of the ball with Salgado and Ollsen at full back. We're counting on our 5 overwhelming their 4 in midfield but our 5 don't really add up to 5 real players. I'll take a draw now, the home team has only won one of the last 17 games between the two sides.

Well said that man. I think that echoes a lot of people's disillusionment not just with Rovers and the awful dross we play, but with football in general.

Top post fella

I wish I didn'f feel this way though :(

Surrender football?! There's a case for that away from home but we have the 8th best home record in the league. Considering you're basing your opinion on your season ticket and therefore the home games, that is utterly false.

Maybe that was a harsh assessment of the "lets play for 0-0 first lads" frightened rabbit home tactics we play. The Hull game was a prime example. They were there to be dismantled but Sam was happy for us to sit back like we did against Burnley and it only needed a defender to switch off, like they have done all season, and it would have been 2 points down the swanny. Then 'the expert' proclaims it as an 'astounding performance' :wacko:

We play 4-5-1. Get used to it, 'cos it's not a surprise.

Good, we look far better playing that formation than 4-4-2, our midfielders aren't mobile enough to play that formation.

That's nearly our strongest team apart from Andrews, but he's only playing because Grella, Dunn and Reid can't get fit enough.

Top post and spot on. Call me if you wish, but there is an empty season ticket in the JW upper this lunchtime because I couldn't be arsed to drag myself down to Ewood in the snow and slush to watch hoofball with the likes of Diouf taking the pi*s and pocketing a fat pocket full of cash for not even trying. Watching Rovers under Sam is a uninspiring, unentertaining chore,

Accyrover

Another game, another time that Kalinic will need support from players otherwise we won't score. Will Sam have instructed the likes of Pedersen, Hoilett and Diouf to get forward to link up with Niko? Or will they hoof the ball from back to front aimlessly with Niko putting plenty of effort in but no clear cut chances for him to put away? Only time will tell...

Top post and spot on. Call me if you wish, but there is an empty season ticket in the JW upper this lunchtime because I couldn't be arsed to drag myself down to Ewood in the snow and slush to watch hoofball with the likes of Diouf taking the pi*s and pocketing a fat pocket full of cash for not even trying. Watching Rovers under Sam is a uninspiring, unentertaining chore,

Accyrover

I could be arsed....just about. But I'm working today and I'm not prepared to use a days leave that would be better served in the sumemer for going away in my campervan. Before Sam darkened the door I would have taken the day off in a heartbeat

I wanted to go and was about to set off, but I kept getting told nasty things about the weather. As it's 217 miles each way and I drive a convertible, I didn't really fancy getting stuck. So my seat may be empty but it's not willingly.

Even had flasks of hot soup and chai latte ready for the way up. Drinking it the living room now!

I could be arsed....just about. But I'm working today and I'm not prepared to use a days leave that would be better served in the sumemer for going away in my campervan. Before Sam darkened the door I would have taken the day off in a heartbeat

You mean when Ince was in charge? Or the later part of Hughes' reign when people were critical of our performances?

...and only one in the last 17 meetings between these two has been won by the home team. Sam going for a continuation of this sequence with that selection.

Pathetic Phil, you're better than that. Obviously the people who have decided we are going to be ###### before the game starts aren't worth listening to, they blatantly have an agenda.

Take out Andrews for one of Emerton, Grella, Dunn or Reid and that would be nearly our strongest team. Problem is all four of them are injured or not fit enough.

Maybe that was a harsh assessment of the "lets play for 0-0 first lads" frightened rabbit home tactics we play. The Hull game was a prime example. They were there to be dismantled but Sam was happy for us to sit back like we did against Burnley and it only needed a defender to switch off, like they have done all season, and it would have been 2 points down the swanny. Then 'the expert' proclaims it as an 'astounding performance' :wacko:

We could have quite easily scored 4 in that game. We were well on top before the sending off. Wasn't astounding but it was perfectly acceptable.

Archived