BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton (Home) Preview

jrabrfc

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have only one thing to say against the opening post and that is that i don't agree that this local derby has been invented by sky/espn etc. there has been rivalry between these two teams for a long long time. my family has also hated them (the only team anywhere near the same amount as we hate burnley - and when i say hate i mean hate) ever since my grandad got bricked back in the 70's when going to a rovers/bolton game at their place.

i hope we smash them.

• Backroom

As others have said if we can win now the rest of the season could be all the more enjoyable and I'd even tip us to win against one of the bigger boys.

Lose however and the nerves may start kicking in.

Lets see how the Dubai trip has affected them.

Hopefully we see a bit of Basturk.

Oh and I'm glad its on Sunday, screw the sunday league players think of the Blackburn combination saturday league players.

2-0 Rovers, Emerton and Kalibobs

As others have said if we can win now the rest of the season could be all the more enjoyable and I'd even tip us to win against one of the bigger boys.

Lose however and the nerves may start kicking in.

Lets see how the Dubai trip has affected them.

Hopefully we see a bit of Basturk.

I heard on Radio Lancs that Grella and another player ( I didn't hear the name but I presume Dunn ) would be available for the match.

They said that despite Basturk's run out in the Reserves, he is still not match fit.

I think this one could be a dull encouter if we let it. I don't see Bolton really going for it away from home so it's up to us to take the game to them, if we can do that then I think we can come away with a comfortable victory. If we let the game play out in Bolton's favour though I see it being a poor affair, most likely ending in a 0-0 draw or a victory for either side by the odd goal.

Let's keep the home form going boys, 3 points please.

The twotters fans are losing it big time on Wanderersway......

we have and always will have a much better support than b/burn....as we have shown time

and time again over the years with our followings to Ewood - the fecking town is petrified when Bolton come to town....

:lol::blink::lol:

Absolutely mental them kids! Do they not remember having a half empty ground for the reverse fixture this season?? Whilst we had a full away end??

CLOWNS!

Unfortunately for me, my fiancées family are all notloB fans, so I hope we win even more than usual!

Say what you like about Blackburn, this season we have shown at home that we are better than the other relegation teams and have usually translated this superiority into points. The frustrating thing is that we usually make it harder and less convincing than it should have been. Therefore I ( nervously ) expect Blackburn to win.

Probably already posted, but Lawro has us down for a win. :blink:

Blackburn v Bolton

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce faces his old team. They were writing Sam off a couple of weeks ago, saying he was only a couple of games from the sack, which is absolutely ridiculous. He is a past master at avoiding relegation and knows what it takes.

Bolton have won just once in the league under Owen Coyle and I can't see them adding to that tally at Ewood Park. I think Sam is going to get one over on his former employers.

Verdict: 2-1

The twotters fans are losing it big time on Wanderersway......

we have and always will have a much better support than b/burn....as we have shown time

and time again over the years with our followings to Ewood - the fecking town is petrified when Bolton come to town....

:lol::blink::lol:

I can see the logic, town twice as big as Blackburn yet they get smaller crowds, but they win on the scary factor! Ooooo, board up your windows!

Blackburn v Bolton

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce faces his old team. They were writing Sam off a couple of weeks ago, saying he was only a couple of games from the sack, which is absolutely ridiculous. He is a past master at avoiding relegation and knows what it takes.

Bolton have won just once in the league under Owen Coyle and I can't see them adding to that tally at Ewood Park. I think Sam is going to get one over on his former employers.

I checked his prediction early on Friday morning and he said Bolton had not won under Owen Coyle, I checked again late last night to see it had been edited. :lol: Anyone else see this?

Blackburn v Bolton

That's us screwed, then.

Right, I've calmed down and I'm back now! B) (and I didn't want anybody on here saying "Oh, you've only come back because you beat us" if we win tomorrow!)

As for the "our fans are harder than your fans" supporters? We've all got them unfortunately. Both Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers have their share of not-rights within their respective fanbases. Fortunately, at both clubs, the shedheads are in a considerable minority. They are best ignored.

As for the game? I reckon it's got 1-1 written all over it. Coyle's got the team playing again and the mood within the camp is considerably chirpier than in the latter days of the Ginger Mourinho. However, Allardyce is a much better manager than many would give credit - and he will always want to stick it up Gartside. So, a draw for me.

Archived