BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton (Home) Preview

jrabrfc

That's us screwed, then.

Thats exactly what I thought.

Dead keen to see if we get a cameo from Basturk?

You've got to love the BBC, mistakes galore these days.

Centre-back Chris Samba is Blackburn's only absentee as he completes a two-match suspension.

Midfielder David Dunn, who has been out for four weeks with a calf injury, is fit again and set for at least a place on the bench.

Bolton striker Ivan Klasnic could be in contention after making good progress in his recovery from a calf injury.

Manager Owen Coyle has no new injury problems and could name the same side that drew at Wigan on Wednesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackburn (from): Robinson, Jacobsen, Olsson, Chimbonda, Nelsen, Salgado, Pedersen, Givet, Grella, Nzonzi, Hoilett, Andrews, Emerton, Di Santo, Diouf, Kalinic, Jones, Brown, Reid, Roberts, Basturk.

Suspended: Samba (one match)

Bolton (from): Jaaskelainen, Steinsson, Knight, Robinson, Gardner, Cohen, Weiss, Taylor, M Davies, Muamba, Wilshere, Lee, K Davies, Klasnic, A O'Brien, Al Habsi, Samuel, Basham, Elmander, Ricketts, Holden.

Doubtful: Klasnic (calf)

Injured: Cahill (blood clot), Davis (knee), McCann (thigh), J O'Brien (knee)

Why do I pay my TV Licence?

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's us screwed, then.

Let's not be overly pessimistic. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Lawro is due one and let's hope he used it up on the Rovers.

As for the "our fans are harder than your fans" supporters? We've all got them unfortunately. Both Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers have their share of not-rights within their respective fanbases. Fortunately, at both clubs, the shedheads are in a considerable minority. They are best ignored.

Ignoring a problem is not solving the problem. But no need to fear, I have a solution.

Bring military recruiters onto the grounds/concourse. Preferabbly next to the bar. Have the stewards offer the tough guys some drinks, on the house, to calm the situation down. Give them the cheap stuff, they likely won't notice. Let the recruiters handle the rest.

It's a win-win. The tough guys get to go be tough guys for real (actually there is no such thing but don't tell them that- don't want to tip them off) while doing their patriotic duty AND the fans who simply want to watch the game in peace will have far fewer problems.

Hope Basturk comes on at H/T.

Assuming he is on the bench he will be on the pitch kicking the ball around, doing some Tugayesk tricks at H/T.

I really hope this guy is a success, just strange he hasn't had much game time in the last couple of years.

Boltons amazing support haven't even sold their allocation at £15 a ticket, we have at least one half of the bottom tier of the DE so they can only have had a maximum of 5000 tickets, bit poor is it not??

They were given 3000 tickets like the other teams....according to the landlord in the cup, on friday, Bolton had sold 1300...so maybe 2000 will attend tomorrow, maybe slightly more!

For those travelling any distance to the game I suggest keeping in touch with the weather. The local forecast has been accurate; it was light snow at 06.00 which arrived on time and it's still snowing, we are then forecast for heavy snow at 09.00 followed by sunny intervals at 12.00 with rain by 15.00. At the moment there isn't enough snow to call the game off, I'd suggest the only potential problem is if heavy snow falls on the pitch. There won't be enough to make the surrounding areas dangerous etc.

As it's only Bolton, not far for away support to travel, I'd guess, GUESS I don't have any inside knowledge, a decision will be left as late as possible as neither club wants this game postponed. The referee will be at the ground from around 09.00, perhaps 09.30, and it will be his decision after consulting with both clubs. Snow stopped here about ten minutes ago, I'm five miles from Ewood. I think the game will go ahead provided the pitch doesn't get a heavy covering.

I live blacksnape area of Darwen and it's snowing like the day the villa game got called off up here !!

Not a good sign, hope it stops on the next hour or we could be in trouble

It's stopped up here now, fingers crossed that's it for the day and that the council actually have some grit for a change !?

Archived