BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Vs Rovers

Iceman

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels like we haven't played for ages lol.... I don't now what result is best for us tonight in Burnley v stoke??? Obviously hate dingles however stoke are going to finish around us tbh and with £800,000 at stake per position id rather finish above them and still dingles go down :)

1-1 this game, early kick off aswell :) - Come on Rovers !

I would go for:

ROBINSON

SALGADO - SAMBA- GIVET - OLSSON

HOILETT - EMERTON - NZONZI - PEDERSEN

DUNN

KALINIC

------------------

SUBS: BROWN, CHIMBONDA, JONES, DIOUF, BASTURK, DI SANTO, ROBERTS..

No Nelsen because I haven't heard any updates on his injury.

I'd go with your team Topman, but with Diouf ahead of Hoilett. Diouf has been one of our best players recently, plus I think we might need his defensive side of the game against Bale.

I see your point, but I was thinking Hoilett because we'll need his pace as an outlet. We could get closed in if Diouf keeps stalling on the ball.

I'd go with your team Topman, but with Diouf ahead of Hoilett. Diouf has been one of our best players recently, plus I think we might need his defensive side of the game against Bale.

I may got shot down in flames here but if you want a RM with defensive qualities surely this has to move Emerton out wide and fit in keith andrews (He been in some good form of late) - How I would start:

Robbo

Salgado Samba Givet Ollsson

Emerton Nzonzi Pederson Diouf

Dunn

Kalinic

Bench: Brown, Jones, Chimbonda, Basturk, Andrews, Hoilett and Franco. However I can see Keith starting instead of Emerton, Pederson left, diouf wide and keith centre with Nzonzi...

I would go with:

Robbo

Salgado - Samba - Givet - Chimbo

Diouf - Emerton - N'Zonzi - Olsson

Gamst or Dunn

Kalinic

I'd like to see Olsson given a run on the left wing rather than LB as he looked excellent in the games where he started here. I also reckon Olsson has to start so that he can bury any demons that he may still be carrying from last seasons match at WHL. I think Chimbonda will be fired up for this one (hopefully he won't do anything stupid) so that's my reasoning for including him. Despite my critisism of Diouf he has looked better of late, so I'd start him but bring Hoilett on after the hour mark or so (depending how the game is going). I can't see us risking Dunn as he's barely featured for months now, so I reckon Sam will stick with Gamst in an advanced central role. Also got a feeling that Sam will start with Andrews - maybe for Emerton but that's the side I'd go with anyhow.

I despise Spurs. Always have and always will. There's not a team - Burnley aside - that I want us to beat more. Samba's late stunner two years ago will live long in the memory. The look on the faces of my Spurs' supporting mates was priceless.

Olsson should play at left wing, and return the favour that Lennon dished out to him. Olsson would then be free to run at Lennon, and keep him defending and not allow him to threaten down the right.

Robinson

Salgado Givet Samba Chimbonda

Emerton Gamst Nzonzi Olsson

Dunn/Basturk

Kalinic

Interesting selection issues.

I would probably go for:-

-----------------------Kalinic

-----------------------Hoilett

Diouf-------Pedersen----Nzonzi----Emerton

Olsson------Givet--------Samba----Salgado

----------------------Robinson

If Dunn is genuinely fit (which I doubt) then play him behind Kalinic and make a late call on either Hoilett or Emo on the right.

Spurs are very good this year and have masses of quality through the team. Anything other than a loss will be a suprise.

Big game for Olsson against Lennon. Olsson is twice the player was last season though. Would like to see the Swede on the left wing again but Diouf is in real form so you cannot switch around.

Big game for Olsson against Lennon. Olsson is twice the player was last season though. Would like to see the Swede on the left wing again but Diouf is in real form so you cannot switch around.

Lennon's out Joey. My point was that it would still be a good game for Olsson to play and show everyone how much improved he is after last season's horror show at WHL. I'd imagine Olsson will be up against Kranjcar if he does play left back which won't be easy either.

Dont see why many would have Emerton in when he is only just regaining fitness.

Id go with

------------Robbo---------------

Salgado--Givet--Samba--Olsson

-------------NZonzi------------

---Diouf-----Dunn-----Gamst----

----------Hoilett--------------

---------------Kalinic---------

200 Rovers fans at this game i recon!

:rolleyes:

just spoke to the bloke at the ticket office.

apparently we have shifted quite a few

probs looking around the 900/1000 mark id guess!

Dont see why many would have Emerton in when he is only just regaining fitness.

Id go with

------------Robbo---------------

Salgado--Givet--Samba--Olsson

-------------NZonzi------------

---Diouf-----Dunn-----Gamst----

----------Hoilett--------------

---------------Kalinic---------

so is Dunn ;)

No dunn has played several reserve games, been fit for 3 weeks and also been on the bench in the last few - Emerton has played 1 reserve game I think!

Samba set to Captain the team.....wonder why its him now, rather than Robbo?! :rock:

Touch of genius, Hughesey. Being Captain will focus the lad and give him responsiblity. It made a difference for the better last time out I thought.

I agree totally - I thought he was fantastic as captain.....just wondered why Robbo wasnt named captain.

I heard a very strange rumour at ewood at our last game about our NZ captain...but thought it was rubbish, it will be interesting to see who is captain next season

I don't know if this is a correct page however I had a dream last night andrews scored a winning goal and our crown went crazy - only remeber this faigely but im hopin it is in this game, Burnley or 1 of our big home games (Man u, Chelsea or Arsenal).

Does that subconciously mean I don't belive in his abilities against these sides or will it happen :)

I don't know if this is a correct page however I had a dream last night andrews scored a winning goal and our crown went crazy

What the sponsor went crazy? Or it started jumping around on the shirt?! Sounds like you have been sniffing something :lol:

Basturk in the squad for Saturday, along with Dunny. Grella will be back for next Sunday according to Sam......

where have you been for all these smoss?? Or are you a virgin to the Rovers??

I have been in the USA my whole life. Though I did spend the morning in Blackburn earlier this week. Which is a pretty town with too much litter and is obviously economically depressed. I bought the last home jersey in the club shop, and I have Salgado's name across the back. I am leaving Edinburgh and on the way to London.

Archived