BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the most convincing performance by any stretch of the imagination but the result was all that mattered, and our players didn't let us down. I had to settle for watching on Sky but Rovers fans came across very well especially after the goal went in and Bumley's initial excitement died down. I think it's fair to say that over the two games we have proved that:

- We have a larger and certainly more vociferous home AND away support than they have and claim to have

- Our stadium is buzzing when we all get behind the lads

- Our squad is vastly superior to theirs despite much room for improvement

- Our players are very professional and don't let the atmosphere get to them, yet seem delighted and together when the victory is ensured

Overall I'm delighted to be a Rovers fan. As for today's game I'd say:

- Brown still doesn't inspire confidence

- Samba and Jones look solid as a rock

- Salgado is steady but appears potentially vulnerable

- Givet looks to have found his feet again

- Pedersen has been disappointing recently

- Diouf even worse and get worse every time I see him

- Dunn was a passenger today but has been great

- Same goes for N'Zonzi especially considering his inexperience

- Olsson has been a shining light and a breath of fresh air

- Disappointed not to have seen Kalinic today - he's been great

- Roberts still has a role to play IMO and I'm a big fan. He did a good job today

I'm delighted with the win. Hopefully this can help us finish in the top half of the table. I will say however, that again, I thought that we played very poorly. Apart from Olsson, who was excellent, we had very little threat going forward. I don't think that it was a penalty, but Olsson had a perfectly good goal ruled out before then, so these things even themselves out. Defensively we were very good again. I thought that Givet had a very good game in this department. Young Jones had another fine game and we certainly have a first team regular for the future. Elsewhere, I was growing increasingly frustrated with Nzonzi's inability to keep hold of the ball. All too often, he was just smacking the ball up the field to no one. He has been a revelation for us this year and has obviously played more games than was expected. However, his ability to keep the ball and pass effectively, is something that he needs to work on. Pedersen was anonymous again. Diouf, although he works hard, offers nothing in the attacking department. Dunn wasn't great either, with many of his passes going astray. Jason Roberts did cause problems, but that was done to his sheer size and had nothing to do with his footballing ability. A wins a win, and it's all the sweeter when it comes against those tramps, but our standard of football has to improve, if we are to move forward as team next year.

Another thing about today - how does that Grade A sh!thole of a ground get a safety certificate? We went through the turnstiles and came to an abrupt halt. A mass of people inching forward into what looked like a dark, satanic mill waiting to be demolished. There just wasn't enough room for the number of people in there. It was dull, uninviting and quite simply belonged to a different era and division, not even Championship standard. If there had been a fire, stampede or whatever, I dread to think what could have happened.

Special mention to Samba. He was immense again today and has been integral in Jones' development so far. I was a big critic of Samba awhile back, but he's got his head together and he's really proving his worth. Let's hope we can keep him for at least another season.

Another thing about today - how does that Grade A sh!thole of a ground get a safety certificate? We went through the turnstiles and came to an abrupt halt. A mass of people inching forward into what looked like a dark, satanic mill waiting to be demolished. There just wasn't enough room for the number of people in there. It was dull, uninviting and quite simply belonged to a different era and division, not even Championship standard. If there had been a fire, stampede or whatever, I dread to think what could have happened.

I agree. The Police decision to ignore the law against alcohol being in view of the pitch was by far the smartest thing they could have done. I think they realised there was a problem when a few of us told them, and the stewards, we couldn't get into the area under the stand because of the amount of people there. It was a mad crush with some people just pushing and pushing. Some kid who must have been about 16 and obviously drunk insisted he wanted to push through to nowhere and was physically pushing my wife and then myself from the side even though we could literally go nowhere until we told him to stop because there was nowhere to go.

Winds me up when idiots post simplistic garbage.

It's possible to rationally discuss the intricacies of a victory whilst remaining happy. It's not whinging, it's just discussing what we think will get us to the next level. The next level, as a result of our very good season, is fighting for Europe.

If we all came on and said 'Yeah great win,' and nothing else it'd be a pretty futile and boring existence an Internet messageboard would have eh?

And some of these posts are rational?

Not the most convincing performance by any stretch of the imagination but the result was all that mattered, and our players didn't let us down. I had to settle for watching on Sky but Rovers fans came across very well especially after the goal went in and Bumley's initial excitement died down. I think it's fair to say that over the two games we have proved that:

- We have a larger and certainly more vociferous home AND away support than they have and claim to have

- Our stadium is buzzing when we all get behind the lads

- Our squad is vastly superior to theirs despite much room for improvement

- Our players are very professional and don't let the atmosphere get to them, yet seem delighted and together when the victory is ensured

Overall I'm delighted to be a Rovers fan. As for today's game I'd say:

- Brown still doesn't inspire confidence

- Samba and Jones look solid as a rock

- Salgado is steady but appears potentially vulnerable

- Givet looks to have found his feet again

- Pedersen has been disappointing recently

- Diouf even worse and get worse every time I see him

- Dunn was a passenger today but has been great

- Same goes for N'Zonzi especially considering his inexperience

- Olsson has been a shining light and a breath of fresh air

- Disappointed not to have seen Kalinic today - he's been great

- Roberts still has a role to play IMO and I'm a big fan. He did a good job today

Have to say i thought Diouf did quite well, probably more effective then both Dunn and Pedersen put together. Apparently Kalinic was given a rest which was fair enough, although it was a shame he didnt come on.

Roberts second touch is always woeful so it would have been good to see a striker who could have actually kept the ball long enough to cause a real threat. Overall Roberts did alright in the end, these are the sorts of games (against championship defences) where he can be effective.

Have to say i thought Diouf did quite well, probably more effective then both Dunn and Pedersen put together. Apparently Kalinic was given a rest which was fair enough, although it was a shame he didnt come on.

Hopefully it will mean that Kalinic will be firing on all cylinders against Portsmouth.

Diouf did more than Emerton anyway - when we brought him on, it was like we had gone down to 10 men...

Same with Roberts too - he didnt score but he made a much bigger impact on the game than Di Santo managed in his time on the pitch.

Totally happy today, the penalty wasnt a pen , he dived plain and simple but there was nothing wrong with the other 2 goals.....karma as they say.

We didnt play well but we got the job done and it keeps us safe for another year a few things spring to mind like how cool Jones was, I am ultra impressed with this kid, 18 years old in a local derby and the opposition never had 1 on shot on target, the relationship between him and Samba looks brilliant, and Olsson how good was he ! in fact where the hell was he playing? at the majority he was our most advanced player.

So happy at the result that anything before during and after means very little to me as it does to Laws a truly bad manager who is the main reason we wont be having so much fun next season.

Did the fans have an altercation under the cricket field stand at half time?..reports say the dividing door was breached,punches and bottles thrown.

Would love to see some more pictures recording please! :rover:

Yes... sure you'll hear more.. over in 30 secs tho

A few clips of the atmosphere today for you boys that could make it....

Cant do anything about the side-on view....stupid thing! :brfc:

Those were great, thanks. Anymore clips from the festivities would be much appreciated.

What a day! Set off from Harrogate at 7 only for the car to break down on the M65 at the slip road for Burnley. I then had to get a taxi from Burnley to Ewood. All well worth it though.

Ah you were sat across from me I think.. I was the young lad across from you

Ah you were sat across from me I think.. I was the young lad across from you

Were you the one with the flag or the other one who was panicing that your mate had got to the ground first. Thought that was hilarious.

Were you the one with the flag or the other one who was panicing that your mate had got to the ground first. Thought that was hilarious.

I was with the flag, the other guy was my Brother!

Great day, so proud to be a Rovers. The players at the end - top class

Archived