BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sat here in front of of the PC screen with a cup of coffee and a fairly sizable hangover after the days celebrations...

As someone said earlier it certainly wasn't a classic by any means was it, but yeh Rovers didn't even have to shift up a gear against a very very lackluster Burnley side.

Just how immense is Jones, surely that's the center of defense all shored up now, I thought Givet didn't do half so bad in a position that is not natural for him.

Thought Dunny was missing in action apart from the penalty, Peds gord knows what he was doing half the time, Olsson was great down the left of midfield and should stay in that position, I hope Salgado isn't too badly injured as he is quite an influential player when on pitch in my opinion.

Anyways that's the double done on the Dingles, I hope they now drop and drop Bradford style into the lower league abyss so we can continue on our journey up the league with Sam and who says that he wasn't passionate did you see him at the end of the game.

Onwards and upwards Rovers

p.s. Anyone know of any highlights anyplace of the match online, so I can view them a bit more soberly

MOTD or anything like that will do ta

One thing that made me laugh was the really bad choice of songs to play before and at half time. It was like they wanted us to change the words.

Your Going Down, You won't come up again! (sung to drinking in LA) and I can't remember the other one but equally as good.

Burnleys going down....together...burnleys going down....

It was funny, they stopped the song and didnt play anything for about 30 seconds and all you could hear was our fans singing our new version.

From what I saw the seats were easily detachable. I know one person on here who has a Turd Moor seat in his front room and another who is getting it signed by the rovers players.

That'll be my front room then. Down to the left of us there was a few rows that had been totally trashed, wooden seats everywhere so I liberated one of those as a souvenir. God knows how they did it because I had a look at my own seat and it was pretty well screwed in, I stood on it a few times particularly celebrating at the end as did many around me and not once did they look like breaking.

The guys that smashed up the ones over to the left from us must have hit them pretty hard, the one I've got the underside where the screws fitted is pretty mangled. Not sure how they managed it, possibly pre-meditated....

It was a free kick either way. Either for the way Nugent ran into Brown or for Brown handling the ball out the area. It is a free kick either way and Dean just bottled it. It would have been a yellow card as it was going away from goal and we had players back. Another example of Brown's hesitation almost costing us.

From what I saw the seats were easily detachable. I know one person on here who has a Turd Moor seat in his front room and another who is getting it signed by the rovers players.

You can't have weapons like the so easily available at a football match. If Millwall or Cardiff came to town, which they most likely will next year, you won't have a stand left. Luckily your fans won't be in the same stand as them next year.

What utter nonesense.

We have played Cardiff every season for the previous few years and also played Millwall and Cardiff in the same season just a couple of years ago - no problems at all and very limited damage done, my guess is because they are proper lads and prefer an enemy that can fight back, seems it's just some PNE and Rovers fans who need to make themselves feel big by smashing inanimate objects - times may change, other things don't ;)

Haha, not sure why anybody would want to watch the entire match again... once was enough! Highlights of the pen and the final whistle will suffice for me :P

A good point!

;-D

Anyways might not be able to, seem to be having extraction errors with Part 4 in the first half, I have found another place if others are having issues...

(I am on a Mac you see)

Yesterday was a great day, very enjoyable to be in the Rovers end.

The team looked comfortable throughout, it would've been much less nervy at the end if we had got a (deserved) second goal.

The Rovers fans were brilliant, certainly were much louder than Burnley for most of the game.

Highlight of the afternoon was singing along to "Burnley's going down (forever)", it fit perfectly, Could we request this be played before the Man Utd game at Ewood?

Was quality how much the players were celebrating in front of the fans at the end. Diouf was going crazy.

Best bit were the Dingle mascots (the kids) both were asked who their favourite Burnley players were, one said "I dont know" and the other said "Burnley". Our own little lad put them both to shame with his pre-match antics. If anyone knows that boys father I'd love to buy him a pint, cracking job he's done raising him!

it's just some PNE and Rovers fans who need to make themselves feel big by smashing inanimate objects - times may change, other things don't ;)

Burnley fans getting slapped by the police, times may change, othert things don't :tu:

seems it's just some PNE and Rovers fans who need to make themselves feel big by smashing inanimate objects - times may change, other things don't ;)

Why were Rovers fans ripping them up on the Burnley side and chucking them at our own fans? Or was that Burnley fans......

Why were Rovers fans ripping them up on the Burnley side and chucking them at our own fans? Or was that Burnley fans......

What the toilet cistern? No idea they had - but I am fairly certain no Rovers fan was doint hat from the Burnley side so it must have been Burnley fans ;)

Yep Burnley fans getting slapped by the police - Rovers fans cowering behind the thin blue line - some things change and some stay they same.

Best bit were the Dingle mascots (the kids) both were asked who their favourite Burnley players were, one said "I dont know" and the other said "Burnley". Our own little lad put them both to shame with his pre-match antics. If anyone knows that boys father I'd love to buy him a pint, cracking job he's done raising him!

Surprised even a Rovers fan would feel the need to sink so low as to try and get a laugh at the expense of 4 and 5 year old kids

Surprised even a Rovers fan would feel the need to sink so low as to try and get a laugh at the expense of 4 and 5 year old kids

I'm pretty sure they were both in their twenties ;)

Never underestimate the 'Judas Coyle' effect,its ripped the heart and soul out of their players and fans alike.......the man should be f'kin knighted! :tu:

[/quote

Never mind Coyle, it was the fantastic rovers support that did the Burnley team they must have cacked themselves whe n they came out to warm up and they never got a minutes peace all game.Well done the supporters and the team but who took my wooden seat home, wooden seats my lord wooden seats

For what its worth, I will make my observations of the game,

In the first half Rovers pressed the ball so well and gave Burnley no time on the ball, we dominated the half totally, Olssen was really unlucky to have his goal disallowed, was a good goal and caused problems all afternoon, penalty was dubious but again, Olssen got in thet position throught the channels again and right or wrong decisions, we know you cant make rash challenges in the box. Second half Burnley had more of the ball as we sat back looking for the counter, which almost occured again three times with Olssen.

Our back four did well to protect Brown and the odd occasion apart, were troubled very little.

Downsides for me, Burnley for their position didnt put up much of a fight and why is it neccessary, whichever team you support, to 'trash' as you put it, someone elses property, there is simply no need, I dont like it when its been done at Ewood and I dont expect it anywhere else either. I do suppose the noggins who did the dameage understand that Rovers will have to reimburse Burnley for the repairs/damage and quite rightly so, its cost Rovers not Burnley, so I will say this to those who did the damage, grow up and get a bloody life, for you are not Rovers supporters and you deserve a ban and a fine towards putting the seats/toilets back in order!

Archived