BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you'll find the smuggling of beer onto the ground was after halftime when it wasnt allowed, before the game the police had to make a call which was the right one, to clear supporters from under the cramped concourse so that more Rovers supporters who were sat on the coaches at Townley waiting to come into the ground could safely come in.

The article doesn't say that and it states quite clearly that there "was 'severe overcrowding' ... before the derby" and makes the statement by the Chief Inspector directly after that so I don't think the article means that at all.

This admission that Olsson dived doesn't mean much. I don't feel sorry for the dive and would never apologise for it happening. The responsibility for that has to lie with the referee and the assistant and them only. If the right decision had been made this wouldn't be under discussion. The referee is the one who makes the ultimate decision. Olsson only gave him a decision to make.

The article doesn't say that and it states quite clearly that there "was 'severe overcrowding' ... before the derby" and makes the statement by the Chief Inspector directly after that so I don't think the article means that at all.

This admission that Olsson dived doesn't mean much. I don't feel sorry for the dive and would never apologise for it happening. The responsibility for that has to lie with the referee and the assistant and them only. If the right decision had been made this wouldn't be under discussion. The referee is the one who makes the ultimate decision. Olsson only gave him a decision to make.

It obvious that policing are looking to stop the sale of alcohol from this, which would be very sad, when really the stands concourse should be improved somehow. Hopefully the poilice will stop the home supporters from sitting in the stand and the number of seats that are sold in future is reduced to prevent any potential hotspots for crushing.

Sundays game was a near miss yet i'm sure they'll make the necessary improvements.

It obvious that police are looking to stop the sale of alcohol from this, which would be very sad, when really the stands concourse should be improved, somehow. Hopefully the police will stop the home supporters from sitting in the stand and that the number of seats that are sold in future is reduced to prevent anymore potential hotspots for crushing.

Sundays game was a near miss, but i'm sure they'll make the necessary improvements in future. For me the police made the day an enjoyable, yet near safe afternoon in the cricket field stand at Burnley on sunday and thus should be applauded.

Chief Insp Brown said: “

It is not correct to say that the police allowed fans to take their beers into the stands. But I am aware that many fans were able to smuggle their drinks to their seats.

“Fans would normally be prosecuted for taking drinks into the stands but we decided that the priority was to save lives and avoid injuries in the crush.”

CHEEKY GIT!! Where do we write to?!?!

hq-professionalstandards@lancashire.pnn.police.uk

Perhaps they should check their spotter camcorder that they had shoved in our faces, trying to provoke a reaction....that was recording at the time they told us to "take our beer into the stands"

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/cctv.aspx

Although, please remember that on the whole the policing was exceptionally good and the right call was made. The problem here is the lie about the fans. Getting the police to give you the CCTV footage of you is VERY expensive and time consuming for them, so I encourage you NOT to do unless you yourself feel you have been wronged.

I see a Mr Andrew Potter of "where is your famous suicide" was arrested for possession of drugs too!

Being fair, reading that list I was half expecting the next person on the list to have been charged with 'hand bags'.

12 people charged out of 22000 attending a football match - and then you read the charges and not a single one for actual violence - yet the FA are talking about investigating

Being fair, reading that list I was half expecting the next person on the list to have been charged with 'hand bags'.

12 people charged out of 22000 attending a football match - and then you read the charges and not a single one for actual violence - yet the FA are talking about investigating

Cowardly coin throwing on two consecutive matches at the players that have market values running into millions of pounds.

The Respect campaign, has it not reached Burnley yet.

I don’t intend on paying or whatever to get evidence of what they said – however il point it out to the cheeky gits in an email if they want proof.

I suggest everyone that was told to take their beers up to the stands emails them so its clear it wasn’t rovers fans ‘sneaking’ them in.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/cctv.aspx

Although, please remember that on the whole the policing was exceptionally good and the right call was made. The problem here is the lie about the fans. Getting the police to give you the CCTV footage of you is VERY expensive and time consuming for them, so I encourage you NOT to do unless you yourself feel you have been wronged.

For once I was full of praise for the Police after the game.

But those out and out LIES by the Inspector has taken my breath away!

My mate was smoking outside- he was told it was fine to smoke inside as keeping the streets clear was more important.

We were told to get up to the seats as overcrowding was an issue, people were shouting 'Ive just got a round in!' ALL the police were saying we 'dont give a $hit about your beers, take them with you

Cowardly coin throwing on two consecutive matches at the players that have market values running into millions of pounds.

The Respect campaign, has it not reached Burnley yet.

Alleged incidents by the way - much like the allegation that your fans threw a BOTTLE at our goal keeper. Maybe the respect campaign will stop off in Burnley after it visits Blackburn?

Alleged incidents by the way - much like the allegation that your fans threw a BOTTLE at our goal keeper. Maybe the respect campaign will stop off in Burnley after it visits Blackburn?

yeah, i heard about that and if it is true then it should be investigated. i am sure our fans would be happy for that to happen as well. it is an isolated incident of intent on rovers part if it happened. your fans have been doing it all season though. thank god you're going down, you really are giving the premier league a bad name.

one thing that will certainly make the match report was the object thrown at the referee after the penalty was given by one of your fans. or are you going to start claiming dean made it up like you did with kirkland?

edit: not that it matters because it doesn't and it's still disgusting that it happened if it did, but a PLASTIC bottle does much less damage than a coin

yeah, i heard about that and if it is true then it should be investigated. i am sure our fans would be happy for that to happen as well. it is an isolated incident of intent on rovers part if it happened. your fans have been doing it all season though. thank god you're going down, you really are giving the premier league a bad name.

one thing that will certainly make the match report was the object thrown at the referee after the penalty was given by one of your fans. or are you going to start claiming dean made it up like you did with kirkland?

edit: not that it matters because it doesn't and it's still disgusting that it happened if it did, but a PLASTIC bottle does much less damage than a coin

I never said it was made up, I said it was alleged. So far I have seen no evidence at all that these things happened - unlike the Drogba incident where there was evidence.

I agree all these incidents need to be stopped, I disagree that it only happens with Burnley and I seem to recall recent problems with Everton and a few other teams. I also disagree with your idea that a plastic bottle is innocent or unlike to cause injury. If empty then I'd agree, if full then there is enough weight for some force to be put into the throw - as somenone who has suffered a fairly major cut at a concert when hit with a thrown plastic bottle I'd suggest they can be just as damaging as a coin

I never said it was made up, I said it was alleged. So far I have seen no evidence at all that these things happened - unlike the Drogba incident where there was evidence.

I agree all these incidents need to be stopped, I disagree that it only happens with Burnley and I seem to recall recent problems with Everton and a few other teams. I also disagree with your idea that a plastic bottle is innocent or unlike to cause injury. If empty then I'd agree, if full then there is enough weight for some force to be put into the throw - as somenone who has suffered a fairly major cut at a concert when hit with a thrown plastic bottle I'd suggest they can be just as damaging as a coin

and i never said a plastic bottle was innocent/ i specifically said it was disgusting. it was just the way you put CAPS on bottle to make it look worse than it was. i didn't say it was unlikely to cause injury. i said it would cause less injury than being hit by a coin. i do however admit that this may not necessarily be the case, and i backtrack on that as i presume it will have been filled with alcohol then fair enough (fool for wasting the booze as well). like i said we are happy for these things to be investigated and we welcome them. not aimed at you personally, but the amount of burnley fans who cried conspiracy after the kirkland incident was pathetic. none of them know for sure, just like nobody really knows if it did happen. we wait for the investigation instead of throwing our toys out of the pram. that way if someone is found guilty then they can be dealt with and our club will be better of without them.

and yes this happens at other grounds, but you have to admit that it has been reported at burnley more than any other this season by quite a way. considering you have become almost media darlings for most of the season due to your underdog status do you honestly believe that to be conspiracy? i think the media have been lenient on you until the last few months.

Personally, I dont give a damn who threw what, what I do give a damn about is that whoever it is, behavior like that is a major problem, do we want to go back to being fenced in as we wre years ago, do we want to see players hit by objects thrown by the crowd, the answer should be a resounding no, there is no place in it in football, neither is there a place for vandalism, christ we are supposed to be a civilised society, why cant we all go to matches, enjoy the banter and get on with it, I commend Clarke Carlisle for his comments today, more players should do the same, kids dont want to see or experience fighting and violence when they go to watch football, they want to enjoy the game and cheer their idols, in fact thats why most people go to watch football and support their team.

I cannot understand why people have to act in these ways, its a sad time for football, whichever club it may be!!

Just to point out - I have no doubt whatsoever that some tosser threw a coin or similar at Kirkland and I do hope they can be found, charged and removed from football forever.

Not so sure on Dean, the same man who (so I hear) has admitted he could not see how the Ollson was fouled (and yet gave a penalty - surely you have to see how somebody was fouled to give a foul?) and I genuinely would not put it past him to be trying to deflect the heat - that said if it has happened again lets hope they find the idiots.

I'm not sure it has been more prevelant with us, just more reported perhaps? It is kind of immaterial though, it needs stopping. Equally the creeping 'police state' tactics need stopping (after the game they effectively went into pubs causing trouble, I suspect to try and justify their overtime, god knows what motives thay had - perhaps 20 years ago they were all the types on the other side of the blue line?)

Such a shame that even today so few can cause such mayhem and label so many with their thuggery.

to be fair he bought it on himself after making yawn gestures at the blackburn fans!

although it isnt a reason to throw a bottle at someone, had he not had done that the bottle wouldnt have been lobbed at him

Anyway,

Your never beat the Rovers! Your never beat the Rovers!

31 years 31 years 31 years!!!!!!

were havin a party when burnl*y go down!! were havin a party when burnl*y go down/!

prostitutes and whores when burnl*y go down, prostitutes and whores when burnl*y go down !!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/video/video.php?v=1438862210408&ref=mf,

13zswtl.png

Over the line or not? Notice the posts are not straight either!!

There is nothing straight in Burnley.

That is just as far over the line as the goal that was given no arguments, no recriminations in the M69 derby the previous week (Leicester's second).

As for Inspector Fuzz, the guy has a dilemma- the Police cannot randomly decide which laws they enforce and which they don't and there is a General Election just around the corner with messrs Straw and what's'isface Blair's voicebox intimately associated with the two towns.

It seems like the plod down in the Black Hole with the fans acted with the sort of commendable intelligence and foresight that tragically was absent in the Leppings Lane on the day Garner set our scoring record but the paper-pushers have decided to ask questions rather than engage their brains (I won't credit them with inteligence).

My guess is the Inspector has found himself forced to lie as the surest way that the issue will be glossed over and forgotten and I think we should all do the same.

to be fair he bought it on himself after making yawn gestures at the blackburn fans!

although it isnt a reason to throw a bottle at someone, had he not had done that the bottle wouldnt have been lobbed at him

Anyway,

Your never beat the Rovers! Your never beat the Rovers!

31 years 31 years 31 years!!!!!!

were havin a party when burnl*y go down!! were havin a party when burnl*y go down/!

prostitutes and whores when burnl*y go down, prostitutes and whores when burnl*y go down !!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/video/video.php?v=1438862210408&ref=mf,

And your logic is used to justify what happened at full time with your players dancing about in front of the Burnley fans - 'wouldn't have kicked off if they hadn't' -and so it goes.

As for prostitutes - seems such a pointless expense when you have so many enthusiastic amatuers in Blackburn

And your logic is used to justify what happened at full time with your players dancing about in front of the Burnley fans - 'wouldn't have kicked off if they hadn't' -and so it goes.

As for prostitutes - seems such a pointless expense when you have so many enthusiastic amatuers in Blackburn

they were dancing because they had won the game they were just happy ;) and it was infront of the rovers end and not directed at anyone was it !!

your alright you dont need a whore as you got your mums and sisters to get back to!

and yeh theres quite a few lasses in blackburn up for it! unlike burnley where they are all at home with their dads!

in fairness i'd have worded that differently if i was you. that could be read as though you would do if it wasn't for those reasons. just a tip.

No it couldn't.

What is wrong with this place?

Archived