BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley V Blackburn Rovers

I dont see the need if everyone was behaving....

it only takes a second for someone to stop misbehaving. i'm sure it's safer to have everything documented. then you get the buildup and see just why things started happening. rather than just start filming people fighting. how are you gonna know who provoked who?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe...but it got a reaction from them...and when I say 'them' - im talking around 100 lads

100 idiots, and they deserve everything they get. if that's all it takes to wind them up then it's a good job they had them out, had anything happened that actually mattered they could have rioted. prats.

Being videoed by the old bill at any kind of mass gathering, as much as I hate it, is sadly so common that I'm amazed anyone feels compelled to react. Have these lads not been to an away game in the last decade ? It's hardly new.

Shame that when they step over the line, we can no longer video them back for fear to being arrested under anti-terrorism laws, but that's another argument for another thread on another day.

QUOTE Hughesy...

Well I can only say what I saw....it was all good fun - then as soon as Plod got his camera out, the fans turned and became more aggresive

Was that before or after Jensen had a bottle thrown at him? Was there any destruction of seats / toilets at that time? Had something gone on to cause concern amongst the police?

The video camera thing is annoying but I'd imagine it's designed as a calming down exercise. Remember we've just had a fatality at an away match.

Anyway you and the rest should get off your high horse and stop pretending to be holier than thou. Read point 2.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/22933-burnley-v-blackburn-rovers/page__view__findpost__p__894564

Somebody died recently at one of our away games. I'm not surprised that they are filming.

They have done it for years.... As soon as a large group start havinga sing-song they have to get the trusted old camera out to video you like your a suspect on crimewatch - its pathetic and it provokes a reaction.

If they dont want to provoke a reaction then they should simply have sufficient CCTV in the concourse to monitor the behaviou!

Kids? Ha!

Ok answer this. We had been in there for 1 1/2 hours - no trouble....yet Mr plod decides to create a line of coppers and start filming youths/ men/ womem singing songs and having a laugh....WHY? :rock:

Because on the whole the police are cocks.

• Backroom

I have absolutely no problem with the filming and it's nonsense to claim it was a cause of trouble.

I'd be more worried if they weren't filming on a day like Sunday when it was always going to be charged.

The police were excellent with the rovers fans on Sunday IMO they could easily have been more heavy handed with numerous d'heads on the concourse including those singig f off go and hang yourself at them.

I've never understood the anti police mentality yet maybe that's because I've never come across them in a bad way

I've never understood the anti police mentality yet maybe that's because I've never come across them in a bad way

My father was a Police Officer with the West Mids and I've had a few friends who've either been serving members of the Police in the past or still are. They have a difficult job to do. Yes they choose to do it but it's still not an easy job and the large majority look to do it professionally and with genuine respect for the average person.

Having said that, there are a small number of Police Force idiots who put the Force in a bad light. I'm a motorcyclist and run a biker forum and we frequently find ourselves being targeted as purely innocent motorists behaving ourselves. Bikers are more likely to be on the end of provocation by coppers in unmarked cars than your average car driver, a bit like your teen boy racer will find himself a target. Fortunately, we've learned to not respond to the push. I do feel that some (very few) Officers look for things to happen and sometimes push things to see if they can get a reaction and this applies to Football fans as well. The smart thing to do is to not respond and ignore it like you would the idiot who wants to fight everyone in a pub. Turn your back and ignore.

Ask any biker about Richard Brunstrom and wait for the response... ;)

A very generalised comment Exiled... explain!

Every time I've dealt with a police officer they've been unbelievably arrogant and I've come away with the sense that they've tried to provoke me to worsen the situation.

I'm by no means a criminal (I'm almost an upstanding citizen :P ), yet I have nothing but disdain for the police.

My father was a Police Officer with the West Mids and I've had a few friends who've either been serving members of the Police in the past or still are. They have a difficult job to do. Yes they choose to do it but it's still not an easy job and the large majority look to do it professionally and with genuine respect for the average person.

Having said that, there are a small number of Police Force idiots who put the Force in a bad light. I'm a motorcyclist and run a biker forum and we frequently find ourselves being targeted as purely innocent motorists behaving ourselves. Bikers are more likely to be on the end of provocation by coppers in unmarked cars than your average car driver, a bit like your teen boy racer will find himself a target. Fortunately, we've learned to not respond to the push. I do feel that some (very few) Officers look for things to happen and sometimes push things to see if they can get a reaction and this applies to Football fans as well. The smart thing to do is to not respond and ignore it like you would the idiot who wants to fight everyone in a pub. Turn your back and ignore.

Ask any biker about Richard Brunstrom and wait for the response... ;)

Spot on.

Every time I've dealt with a police officer they've been unbelievably arrogant and I've come away with the sense that they've tried to provoke me to worsen the situation.

I'm by no means a criminal (I'm almost an upstanding citizen :P ), yet I have nothing but disdain for the police.

Spot on.

"Every time"? Just how often have you had occasion to have the Police deal with you? On the very rare occasions that I have had dealings with the Police I have found officers to be perfectly reasonable. I get the impression that the officers who have had to deal with you might well be of the opinion that you are a bit of a "cock" as well.

There is no doubting that some of the coppers have a massive ego/ power trip on them.

On sunday we were stood next to 2, one was as sound as can be & having a laugh - the other all serious and threatening to kick people out all the game....to which his colleague kept just laughing at him, as if to say 'get over yourself'.

Anyway back on Topic...........31 YEARS, 31 YEARS, 31 YEARS, 31 YEARS!

I remember being a called a 'd!ckh£ad' by a copper when I was about 14 years old. My attitude to policemen, particularly those under 6ft, has been cemented from that delightful occasion onwards.

Also, I'm glad they're cutting The Bill :P

Archived