SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it couldn't.

What is wrong with this place?

hey, right now longsiders has only alleged. an investigation could shed some light on the matter.

jeez, it's not the worst thing that's happened on here and it was longsiders who rose to the not so subtle bait of london-rover. my original point was purely on semantics and i people are taking it out of context already. the statement i made in this post (above) is much much worse though and should draw criticism.

waits for criticism...

I think we should cool it.

Genuine commiserations longsider- hope that by some miracle your sister pulls through.

Yes and from me too, those times are where football has no significance, hope all goes well for your sister.

Same, no need for anything to get personal.

I also hope that Burnley stay up. Having the derby game twice a year is far more interesting than games against the likes of Hull or West Ham. Happy to have the 6 points, hope we can get 6 more points against you next season.

wll i cant believe the bare faced lies of that poliman who was in charge....i would stand in any court of law and would swear on my kids lives that the police told us to take the beer up ....as for throwing stuff over "no mans land" how much would it have cost to put a cricket type net up in between?

As i was walking to the turnstiles i was having my last fag before the game.

A very nice copper came upto me and said, "your alright to smoke in the ground today mate, we want make things as pleasant for you as possible due to the time before kick off".

I said, "cheers" and went into the ground.

Then, after purchasing a few beers i was then also told i could take them upto the ground.

Happy days !

I was, at one point stood by a copper and a steward. The steward told me to put a fag out, then the copper interveend and said i was alright to smoke !!

After half time i was walking up the stairs from the concourse and a steward said to some lads in front of me that there was no need for them to hide their beers as you were still ok to drink in the seats !!

As i was walking to the turnstiles i was having my last fag before the game.

A very nice copper came upto me and said, "your alright to smoke in the ground today mate, we want make things as pleasant for you as possible due to the time before kick off".

I said, "cheers" and went into the ground.

Then, after purchasing a few beers i was then also told i could take them upto the ground.

Happy days !

I was, at one point stood by a copper and a steward. The steward told me to put a fag out, then the copper interveend and said i was alright to smoke !!

After half time i was walking up the stairs from the concourse and a steward said to some lads in front of me that there was no need for them to hide their beers as you were still ok to drink in the seats !!

exactly the same for me, only I decided to confirm with a few other police just in case I was dreaming. i even pointed out that it was illegal to drinking in your seat, yet they still said we were OK to do so. we should ring crime stoppers haha

whoever made the decision to put blackburn and burnley fans together in one end of the ground must share some responsibilty too , everybody knows the intesity of rivaly between us , the Darwen end wss designed to hold both sets of supporters and fans can be segregated easily and safely , that shed of a stand at turf moor is barely fit to hold cattle

i don't think i could handle two derbies a year. too stressful. the thought of getting beat by them makes me physically sick so i'd rather keep it at every three or four years like it has been recently.

i don't think i could handle two derbies a year. too stressful. the thought of getting beat by them makes me physically sick so i'd rather keep it at every three or four years like it has been recently.

Actually works out to be nearly 5 years for home and away fixtures and I'll take that. I have enjoyed the fixtures this season immensely though.

Liar. I expect we will get a full retraction given the amount of people who were approached and can expose the lie. Shame we cant sue.

Fans were MADE to go to the stands with thier beer. What if this happens next time? Do we believe them?

He's done wonders for police-fan relations here.

Perhaps they should check their spotter camcorder that they had shoved in our faces, trying to provoke a reaction....that was recording at the time they told us to "take our beer into the stands"

A volatile and tense atmosphere, where given the tradition of violence over the years would have been enough in the past to make Millwall's so called f troop shat themselves (remember that docu - panorama ?)

Kids post on here about officers under pressure trying to 'provoke a reaction'. I'd have slapped you for even looking in my general direction. Some of you lot remember marbles rolled under the horses hooves on Nuttall St ? That lad running the length of the red cinder path past the 'Enclosure' to chuck half a housebrick into a packed Darwen End ? The trains pulling into Mill Hill met by bricks as the carriage windows went in ? Darts getting thrown at Keeper's heads from the Blackburn End ?

"Ooh, he pointed his camera at me" - Jesus, have you any idea what this fixture can cause ?

As a serving Officer present at the match I am personally embarrassed by the comments blaming Rovers fans for smuggling the bottles into the ground. It was a total decision made by the Police to allow it and I for one will be emailing that Officers Supervisor and Professional Standards to outline my disgust at the claim he has made.

Overall, the operation went very well but for me the planning had major flaws. Burnley's ground is not Premiership standard and we should have had the whole away end.

Its perhaps but for the grace of God, good behaviour and sensible decision making that noone was injured.

As for the bottle throwing I didnt see it but if you imagine that their sales record reached record levels to have only 1 bottle whizzed on the pitch represents a bloody good success in Rovers supporters behaviour.

I didnt really witness the toilet smashing but to condemn us all is inappropriate, the idiots know who they are.

I would urge anyone else who was there to outline their views in an email to the one provided by Glenn.

Kids post on here about officers under pressure trying to 'provoke a reaction'. I'd have slapped you for even looking in my general direction.

"Ooh, he pointed his camera at me" - Jesus, have you any idea what this fixture can cause ?

Kids? Ha!

Ok answer this. We had been in there for 1 1/2 hours - no trouble....yet Mr plod decides to create a line of coppers and start filming youths/ men/ womem singing songs and having a laugh....WHY? :rock:

Alleged incidents by the way - much like the allegation that your fans threw a BOTTLE at our goal keeper. Maybe the respect campaign will stop off in Burnley after it visits Blackburn?

A harmless plastic bottle given to your keeper as a very polite offer, as a drink on Blackburn - RESPECT !

He certainly looks like a guy who likes a drink.

A coin now thats is a far more damaging lethal object.

Kids? Ha!

Ok answer this. We had been in there for 1 1/2 hours - no trouble....yet Mr plod decides to create a line of coppers and start filming youths/ men/ womem singing songs and having a laugh....WHY? :rock:

If yer not doing anything wrong, then theres nothing to worry about. Its hardly a big deal.

Kids? Ha!

because there was a chance things could kick off obviously. if something had happened where somebody was incriminated for something they didn't do, or somebody was attacked and the perpetrator needed to be found you would all be demanding film evidence so stfu. as if it matters they have you singing on film. it isn't going to get sent to matthew kelly or anything. you won't be forced to go on tour.

Archived