BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this on dinglesad, pretty over the top, although it does remind me of sheep herding.

(haven't seen it posted on here,sorry if it has been)

Well they were intent on violence so they got some. Whats wrong with that? If Plod had asked them to leave politely they'd still be there.

btw You'll never see anybody hitting sheep like that. Cattle sometimes but sheep never.

What utter rubbish.

A lot don't help themselves though do they 1864. Most peoples contact is with Traffic and they just are snidey bstards. Goading the public into driving convictions is widespread. A fair cop is a rarity imo.

Recently on the MWay I came up behind a plain ford in the outside lane doing 85mph. He stayed there for ages so I pulled into the centre lane and stayed just behind him. His response was to go slower and slower in an attempt to goad me into undertaking. I didn't btw but he went right down to 70-75mph still hogging the outside lane and with his partner continually glancing sideways out of the window. Such tactics are rife imo and do the force no good whatsoever. We need em of course but many people wouldn't put em out if they were on fire after falling victim to the 'unfair cop' syndrome.

Found this on dinglesad, pretty over the top, although it does remind me of sheep herding.

Fookin QUALITY!!! :tu:

Soon sorted those 'hard men' out. That copper with the overactive truncheon deserves a bloody good pay rise!! :lol:

Absolutely brilliant - if the Burnley fans that wouldn't leave at the end of the game had really wanted to cross the line and get at any Rovers fans, they could have.

Instead, in typical football hooligan fashion, they group together, give it the 'come on then' with their arms, shout a bit and at the end of the day, do nowt.

You're quite right AS. I'd have said quietly and firmly, leave within the next two or three minutes or we'll baton you. Two or three minutes later, I would have simply waded in.

Nothing better than seeing the great unwashed getting a deserved thumping. :D

Guest andrewpickup

Just one thing that comes to mind. Yeah move us out of the concourse with beers up to the seats fine. But allow smoking? In that shed? Bradford?

Top performance form all the police involved, if only we could have seen this then yellows, yellows would have been belched out.

I saw her as I was getting on to the coaches on Sunday morning. Could have got it in a better place!

she was stood 4 rows in front of me at the Dingledome (she lives in Mill Hill). I alse took a nice photo of her arse (sorry tattoo) that i will download later

What utter rubbish.

I agree there are always going to be differing opinions but to come out with such a moronic comment puts you in a totally different light.

I have to say I agree. Pod are Cocks. Never met one that has helped me, even though I've needed their help many times.

I have just been reading the 'Im so outraged' thread on Clarrottsmad about the so-called over the top Police in the Cricket field stand....what a load of narrow minded bull from them.

A section of Burnley fans would not leave the cricket field stand and were fully intent on causing a violent confrontation with the Rovers following regardless of the Police presence and ground CCTV.The Police were fully in their right to use the force they did to clear them from the stand.

And they fully deserved it! :angry:

she was stood 4 rows in front of me at the Dingledome (she lives in Mill Hill). I alse took a nice photo of her arse (sorry tattoo) that i will download later

Get on with it then!

''I'll just add that Amanda was involved when we tried to get something done about the transporting of supporters to Ewood back in October and the way it was all being handled.

We didn't get very far, and I have to say we didn't get much support from the Blackburn fans who were involved with us at the time, :blink: but at least we didn't have to put up with anything like this at Ewood Park, certainly not as I'm aware.

If you were caught up in the incident at all (I've only seen it on the youtube footage) then please send any details you have to Amanda at the FSF.''

The above comment comes from the admin of Clarrottsmad.

So the FSF are getting involved eh....anyone else want to comment about the disgraceful facilities in that dangerous stand?

We didn't get very far, and I have to say we didn't get much support from the Blackburn fans who were involved with us at the time, :blink: but at least we didn't have to put up with anything like this at Ewood Park, certainly not as I'm aware.

I'm guessing that this is a reference to me and a few others from the Fans Forum who met members of the Burnley Fans Forum after the Ewood game. As we all know they got very worked up about their treatment and in fairness they had some good reason. Apart from the police restrictions, Burnley charged them for the privilege of getting up early and coming on the coaches and also did not ticket the coaches so it meant that families got separated on the way back. They invited us to talk to see if we could collectively persuade the police to use a lighter touch for the Turf Moor fixture. We had a good friendly chat but I thought at the end of the meeting we were all convinced that the same process would apply to our fans at the Turf. To do otherwise and give us concessions would probably have riled the Burnley fans even more. We did agree that we would push the clubs and the police to have a joint meeting with representatives of both sets of fans in the Summer should both clubs stay up, to review arrangements for the games. Although that looks pretty unlikely right now we do have that agreement. I suspect that the behaviour of a minority of fans on Sunday probably means that in the unlikely event that we meet again next season that there will be no relaxation in the plans we saw this season. What I certainly don't recollect from the meeting was any request for support from us to them - we both accepted that we were stuck with arrangements for this season

FSF are getting involved eh....anyone else want to comment about the disgraceful facilities in that dangerous stand?

Looking at that topic - she only seems interested in trying to help the lads battered by the thin blue line. :angry2:

The police did what they had to in terms of getting rid of the 100 youth/ hooligans that wanted to cause a mass riot!

A reply from Amanda Jacks of the FSF....

''Thanks for getting in touch and of course I'm not looking at this from the stance that all football supporters are well behaved angels!

Unless a police officer is being threatened by someone they suspect is armed or is actually armed then there is absolutely no justification whatsover for hitting them how that officer in the Youtube clip did (and even then, they should not aim for the head) - in any circumstances be it at football or in the street on a Friday night.The officer was lashing out indiscriminately and looked entirely out of control.And if those supporters did have to be removed, you don't do it with violence.A shocking piece of film that I'd be suprised if there is any justification for - if it transpires that for some reason the actions of that one officer were justified, then I'll have no hesitation in saying so publically on the forum, although I doubt that is the case.''

If that's the case then how do you remove a baying mob who wont move and are intent on violence?

Over to you ROVERITE!.......

A reply from Amanda Jacks of the FSF....

''Unless a police officer is being threatened by someone they suspect is armed or is actually armed then there is absolutely no justification whatsover for hitting them how that officer in the Youtube clip did (and even then, they should not aim for the head) - in any circumstances be it at football or in the street on a Friday night.The officer was lashing out indiscriminately and looked entirely out of control.And if those supporters did have to be removed, you don't do it with violence.''

She is full of rubbish!

Those fans were there and rushing the police line trying to get a response. Well they got one. A group of fans carry a large threat to a line of police officers. If the single line of Police officers don't stop them breaking through then there is the potential for a full scale riot and serious injuries. I'm afraid if a few hits from a baton removes the danger then it is well worth it. Those involved should not have been there at that time. I fail to see a single shot that is aimed at a head, they are all lower body hits.

Get back behind your desk.

Archived