BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley V Blackburn Rovers

For those who said it was embarassing borrowing songs from Villa, songs start somewhere and I thought yesterday the Kumbaya verses worked perfectly and sounded great.

'We're having a party when Burnley go down' ad nauseum was the chant of the day though

The Kumbaya song isn't Villa's. I first heard it years ago as part of a Chas and Dave compilation at WHL on New Year's day when the words were Steven Carr, my Lord!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rover: i havent been this rough since we last beat em,will miss the 6 points next season,very poor game,beating em by a dubious penalty makes it all that much sweeter,SUPER Sam Allardyce out :wacko::brfc:

Victory could not have tasted quite as sweet to you as to the rest of us. Bitter sweet at best I'd imagine.

Downsides for me, Burnley for their position didnt put up much of a fight

Truth of the matter is that they never do Kelbo. :rover:

Fair play to you for coming back on here as promised longsiders but, it's with comments like these that, every now and then, you let your guard drop with regard to hooligan activities. I remember you posting on here after the 2005 Ewood FA Cup game saying that Burnley fans walked into Blackburn unopposed and what a welcoming place it was, or words to that effect. In other words you were gloating that there were no Rovers fans prepared to have a go. Whilst you may have mellowed a bit now, I get the impression you were a bit of a naughty boy twenty years or so ago.

He forgets that some of us on here have been around for a while :tu:

Acid test Den. Burnley are virtually down so which if any of their players would you wish to see sign for BRFC?

None of them Gord. Sorry Longsiders but that's the truth.

Rovers aren't blessed with quality players, but I don't see anything at T'turf that would improve our squad. Maybe Longsiders sees that differently?

Football 365 winners section:

David Dunn

An above-average footballer and an above-average football man. Having scored the winning goal in the Burnley-Blackburn derby, Dunn subsequently revealed his refusal to celebrate the goal in front of the Clarets support was born of the realisation of what the goal meant for them.

Blackburn Rovers

Their last defeat to Burnley was in 1979.

None of them Gord. Sorry Longsiders but that's the truth.

Rovers aren't blessed with quality players, but I don't see anything at T'turf that would improve our squad. Maybe Longsiders sees that differently?

I doubt it Den. Like Coyle did he'll surely realise the truth of it.

Look they've come up, wisely decided not to invest in Carlos Kickaballs but rather to enjoy the experience and take about 70m back down with them. Trouble is that even with the best intentions the experience is not all that enjoyable.

Nah likely he'd be cowering out of sight in the press box in heavy disguise with one of those Groucho Marx false wig, glasses and nose kits on. In fact he's prob still hiding there waiting for the coast to clear before making a dash for his car. :lol:

Are we mixing up Nikos?

• Backroom

The Kumbaya song isn't Villa's. I first heard it years ago as part of a Chas and Dave compilation at WHL on New Year's day when the words were Steven Carr, my Lord!

What I meant is we only started singing it at matches to my recollection after Villas trip to Ewood in the CC

Bit of a shame it was won only by a very poor penalty decision considering Rovers scored two excellent goals. Olsson would have become a legend overnight if the officials had got it all right!

It was a shame that the club and majority of fans were embarrassed by the vandalism carried out by a minority. And as for the people on here "bragging" about having seats in front rooms or getting them signed, they should be banned from the site and reported to both clubs and the police!

Magical, amazing, damn near perfect day. So proud of the team and fans.

Atmosphere was something else.

Cletus... thanks for the taxi in the morning mate! We're havin a party when Burnley go down!

Come on Gord, exactly the same hapenned in 2000, the same would have occured in the 90s. Always moronic behaviour by a tiny minority. Yesterday was fantastic, almost all fans were passionate not yobbish.

Not so tiny it seems:

Blackburn supporters ripped out approximately 150 seats and wrecked toilets in the away section at Turf Moor and there were outbreaks of violence in Burnley town centre after the home side's 1-0 defeat.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/29/fa-blackburn-burnley-crowd-trouble

It's sad to read that some board members took home seats as souvenirs too.

This is getting a bit ridiculous. To say the Chief Inspector is bending the truth is an understatement. I've posted on this article (yes, my name is actually not Crazy or Ivan ;)). Have your say because having Rovers fans accused of smuggling bottles of beer up is completely wrong.

Chief Insp Brown said: “

It is not correct to say that the police allowed fans to take their beers into the stands. But I am aware that many fans were able to smuggle their drinks to their seats.

“Fans would normally be prosecuted for taking drinks into the stands but we decided that the priority was to save lives and avoid injuries in the crush.”

CHEEKY GIT!! Where do we write to?!?!

(Chief Inspector Brown) -- It is not correct to say that the police allowed fans to take their beers into the stands. But I am aware that many fans were able to smuggle their drinks to their seats

I thought that on the day the police operation was excellent, including the decision to allow fans up into the stand with alcohol which relieved the crush downstairs.

But let's just be crystal clear about how that came about, for CI Brown's benefit.

A line of 3 or 4 officiers in effect "swept" the length of the concourse from the open end inwards, instructing (not just allowing or encouraging - instructing) people - with or without beer in hand - to leave the concourse and get up into the stand.

And of course people were double checking - "are you sure we can take beer up" -- "yes, take it up"

To suggest this didn't happen and that ~1,000+ people all managed to "smuggle" beer past the ranks of stewards and police up into the stand is outrageous.

Perhaps they should check their spotter camcorder that they had shoved in our faces, trying to provoke a reaction....that was recording at the time they told us to "take our beer into the stands"

I've added something like that to the comments section. ;)

Archived