BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts 2010/2011

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about to order my nephew a Uruguay shirt online here with Forlan on the back - I know, the power of a successful World Cup, but hey, he's young, he'll learn. Trouble is the damn price. I checked the other night on UK football Shop with Forlan 10 on the back and it was £70 (which is dear enough), but I just went on there to buy it and it's now £80. I presume the result last night has added to the price - thanks very much Asamoah Gyan! Anybody have any ideas for a better place to get one, maybe cheaper! Cheers fellas :tu:

Ordered it this morning with Naughton 7 (on the back) flock of course, but someone posted this "Likely to peel off after about 10/15 washes." on official boards, which I hope doesnt happen to me, and they should say on the website when ordering if this is likely to happen

He probably just put that up because flock lettering costs more and somtimes things that cost more don't always last as long as cheap ones.

Someone else wrote that they've had flock lettering before and had no porblems with it so you'll just have to wait and see after you've washed it a few times what it's like.

I always like to wash my shirts inside out and inside a pillow case, I also don't put anyhting else in the machine with the shirt and so far I've never had any problems with anything falling off any of them down the years. :)

He probably just put that up because flock lettering costs more and somtimes things that cost more don't always last as long as cheap ones.

Someone else wrote that they've had flock lettering before and had no porblems with it so you'll just have to wait and see after you've washed it a few times what it's like.

I always like to wash my shirts inside out and inside a pillow case, I also don't put anyhting else in the machine with the shirt and so far I've never had any problems with anything falling off any of them down the years. :)

On top of that, don't use the liquid thing when you wash it, just use the powder. That was according to the guy at the Roverstore last season, and mine still stayed on.

For the one millionth time;

Flock: If you add letters and a number they will cost extra and will be the same as what the players have, a fabric type of material

Normal: Any name and number will be the regular vinyl type.

:rover:

Any chance you could explain that again Brian? :lol:;)

On top of that, don't use the liquid thing when you wash it, just use the powder. That was according to the guy at the Roverstore last season, and mine still stayed on.

Its best to hand wash items, that have prints on. A washing machine, no matter whether you use liquid or powder will eventually start eating into the shirt.

wait, Arsenal and Milan have the same sponsors now? Is that allowed? How many oil wells do the Emirates have?

I can't remember who Arsenal played in the Champions League last year (or the year before) that had the same sponsor. When they played the home team had Emirates logo while the away team just had Dubai on their shirts in the same font and style as their corporate logo. It was obvious what it was advertising.

I guess from that they can't both have the same sponsor on their shirts when they play each other but there should be no way that one company can't sponsor more than one team.

Real Madrid and AC Milan had the same issue last year having the same shirt sponsor.

• Backroom

Why would they not be allowed the same sponsor? We had the same sponsor as Rangers in the good all days. Carlsberg sponsored both Hibs and Liverpool a few years ago.

Was it not us, Newcastle and rangers who all had McEwans Lager for a while? I remember ours and newcastles keeper top (the horrid black with coloured diamonds) looked almost identical due to kit maker and sponsor

Archived