BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts 2010/2011

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would look better without the pointless collar.

Does anyone know what material it is made of i.e is it the same as the England shirt or the usual kit material??

the shirt looks nice, but BLACK BOX nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :angry2:

I like that too, the collar gives it more style, I always think ones without look a bit cheap and tacky.

The sponsor does spoil it though, do Crown always have a black logo? Their wiki page has a logo which would look much nicer:

Crownpaintslogo.PNG

3877l-1.jpg

Love the reaction on the black box - told you that when the away kit picture was due to come out - its crowns choice

It's nothing special. The black box is awful though. As a graphic designer that sort of thing really bothers me. It just looks lazy and slap-dashed. They could easily make the logo red so it would sit out on the white and blue. Seeing as they are a paint company, a red should be in their pantone colours for their corporate guidelines. Even if the box was white it would look more comfortable on shirt, as white is one of the dominate colours.

It would look better without the pointless collar.

Does anyone know what material it is made of i.e is it the same as the England shirt or the usual kit material??

Agreed. Nice shirt .... ruined by a ridiculous collar. Looks like a round neck shirt with a collar tacked on as an afterthought. My preference would have been a simple round-neck design like City's home shirt last season or the current England red one, or if it had to be a collar, a proper one like the England home one.

Won't be buying it - unless they bring a collarless version out! ;)

I think the kit looks awesome. It's certainly the best we've had since the one we had in Roque's first season with us. I think in the premiership era, this would quite easily be in my top three. My only worry is that it looks like its cut to a tighter fit... and i certainly dont have mr Jone's body like in the picture! But very pleased, the material looks ace, and I can't wait to get my hand on one.

Rovers and the kit makers can't win can they? Most fans spend the last 10 years begging for a collar and then when we get one it's crap!

I shall be getting one as I do most seasons, still unsure who to get on the back. It will take some amazing pre season performances to replace the legend that is Keith Andrews :P

Goood God, Its like the designers forgot about us and had 60 seconds to design a shirt before the deadline. They must have pulled a 2008/09 shirt out and copied and pasted the collar off of Englands WC 06 shirt!

What is the difference between the £40 home shirt and the £45 'flock' home shirt?

The flock shirt includes price for printing which is the type of printing that the players have on their shirts and not the plastic printing that we have generally had!

The flock shirt includes price for printing which is the type of printing that the players have on their shirts and not the plastic printing that we have generally had!

Ah right cheers! Don't think i'll be getting any printing done until numbers released/if we sign anyone.

We keep being told that red and black halves on an away shirt is commercial suicide, yet the same tired style has been peddled out for the last 3 years. Don't get me wrong I'm obviously not suggesting s change from our iconic blue/white halves but surely something to make it different to recent seasons apart from a collar.

And don't get me started on the abhorrent black box (again). I've not bought a home kit since they first added that stain, and there's no reason to start now.

Here's hoping we can find someone else to offer us similar money to Crown.

Archived