BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolverhampton Wanderers Away

Well as we draw towards the end of the season, with both teams safe from the dreaded return to the championship we’re now playing for prize money and pride. Wolves have done well this year with many expecting a swift return straight back down, but Old Mick has proved his doubters wrong and given them another year in the land of milk and honey. He’s taken some stick this year what with his perfectly legitimate line-up against United being the cause of great debate even on our own forum, but it’s paid off.

Recently they’ve really started to step up getting some good results and with our up turn away from home this is as good as it gets for us to further improve it. These are the games we must get points from if we are to push on, so here hoping we can keep up the new away form.

We’ve had one or two meetings before with this lot, most namely the FA Cup final back in 1960, when they did us 3-0 at Wembley after the ex JJB supremo Dave Whelan broke his leg and we where left with 10, no subs in those days. Recently we’ve had our revenge welcoming them to the premiership with a cracking 5-1 win at Ewood back in 03-04. Earlier in the season we did them

at Ewood so fingers crossed we can do it again.

With a top half finish still possible for us we need to get all three points from this one to keep the dream alive. Wolves are unbeaten in 4 games, but with 3 0-0 draws, score and we’re in with a serious shout of getting 3 on the road. Alas we’re not exactly scoring goals for fun this year but with a bit of luck we can start on Saturday.

HahnemannACTION_468x330.jpg

Hahnemann in goal has been one of there best performers this year, coming in initially as back-up to Hennessey. But after the Welshman’s poor start he’s come in and done well in the main. He’s in good form at present and we’ll have to be sharp to find a way past the lad.

article-0-04646335000005DC-244_468x373.jpg

Jody “Veteran” Craddock is the rock at the centre of their defence and is enjoying somewhat of a renaissance this year scoring several crucial goals. We’ll have to watch him on corners and set-pieces as he’s good in the air.

kevin-doyle_1542460i.jpg

Kevin Doyle, another ex Reading player now plying his trade in the Black Country is without doubt their player of the season. The lad cost Wolves £6,500,000 and despite not hitting double figures has made a telling contribution. Good all rounder not lightening but not slow either with a reasonable leap, it truly puts it all into perspective with 7 goals in the league to date at the price he cost.

I was going to mention Kightly but since he’s either been injured or just hasn’t turned up, all I can say is I’m glad he wasn’t our Bentley replacement.

A workman like team who will get in our faces and nip at our heels, not really wolves more the Jack Russell’s of the premiership. But they’ll not go down easy and we’ll have to fight every minute of the game if we want the three points on Saturday. But at the end of the day we’re more than capable of doing it. Hopefully the lads can show that they are really just sheep in wolves clothing.

Can a mod sort out the images please, thanks.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw them at Ewood, I thought they were really poor and certain to go down. I really expected us to go on and win 5 nil and was dissapoited that they got a consolation goal. With their recent results they must be better than I remember and form would probably suggest a draw or a win for them. However, I think we are better than them and hope we can sneak it. 2 -1 Rovers

I think Rovers will be going all out to win this game and that we will finally see basturk make his Rovers debut.

I also see Rovers doing something different in the quest for points. My hope is something like below.

- grella -

Dunn - Nzonzi - MGP

- Roberts - Niko

Anyhow, still havent decided on whether to take up the freebie on offer from the local brewery but I do see a Rovers win.

2-1

Would love to see an appearance akin to the last 20-25 minutes of the Everton game, however I fear the dye has already been set for our gameplan. Hard to beat and try and nick a goal from a set-piece. Not ideal, but there we are.

With that in mind: Wolves 1-5 Rovers ;)

They're having a 'celebration' of their win of the FA Cup against us in 1960 <_<

Suppose the poor things don't really have much to celebrate - hope our lads are up for this and give 'em a tonking.

Still haven't got over that Ince pre-season friendly in which we rolled over.

Oh, and they reckon they've sold out of tickets.

If we go and defend against one of the lowest scorers in the league, 28 total goals then I despair. We've notched 26 at home and 11 away, Wolves have 10 at home which is awful.

This is a game in which we can afford to play a bit more attacking from the off.

Hand on heart, do you think we will? I reckon it'll be exactly the same set-up as Saturday, perhaps with Grella in for Andrews. IMO we should be starting as we finished the Everton game

Hand on heart, do you think we will? I reckon it'll be exactly the same set-up as Saturday, perhaps with Grella in for Andrews. IMO we should be starting as we finished the Everton game

Can't see Andrews even being on the bench his holiday started last weekend.

I give up on how we will approach the game, me and Sam are polar opposites in that respect, but you never know.

Evening all,

Looking forward to the game immensely. Don't get much chance to see the Rovers but I'm travelling up from the South for this one.

Moreover, I am bringing my 5 year old son with me to this, his first live football game and (more importantly of course!) his first real Rovers game. You see, I've slowly brainwashed the little chap over the past few years to reject the hordes of local boys supporting Chelsea & Arsenal and stick with his Dad, one of the few Southern-based (and Southern born) Rovers fans. And you know what, he's stuck by me, bless his little soul. In fact, he's turned into a mini-Rovers Statto, reeling off the scores and scorers from the past few games on an almost nightly basis.

Anyway, apart from watching the game itself, I was wondering if he might get the chance to see some of the players when they arrive on the team bus. Never been to Wolves so not sure how it works but I guess fans can catch a glimpse if they get there early enough. It would make his day to say hello to Dunny (although he seems rather too fond of Perdersen actually... won't be if he hasn't signed his contract by Saturday mind)!

Any help and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Anyway, apart from watching the game itself, I was wondering if he might get the chance to see some of the players when they arrive on the team bus. Never been to Wolves so not sure how it works but I guess fans can catch a glimpse if they get there early enough. It would make his day to say hello to Dunny (although he seems rather too fond of Perdersen actually... won't be if he hasn't signed his contract by Saturday mind)!

Any help and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

There isn't much to it really other than get there early and hang around near the players entrance (I don't know where that is at Wolves). The bus usually arrives between 1.5 and 2 hours before the game.

I'm hopeful we'll win. If Rovers take all 3 from the Wolves, and if Everton beat Fulham and Chelsea beat Stoke, then we are 10th again (assuming my poor math holds up). A draw would have the same result but we need the points as Fulham and Stoke have an extra match and we need some cushion at this point. And if Aston Villa beat Birmingham, we can maybe dream of improving on 10th (though I wouldn't want to get greedy).

And if Hull beat Sunderland, the pressure from the 13th plus crowd would lighten.

All in all, an exciting weeked beckons. If I weren't in the USA, I might place a few [wishful] dollars on:

Wolves v. Rovers

Aston Villa v. Birmingham

Everton v. Fulham

Chelsea v. Stoke

Hull v. Sunderland

Fulham and Stoke's game in hand is aginst each other. last week of the season at Fulham so a draw would be a good result for us.

Wolves look like they have hit a bit of form lately but going for a Rovers 2-1 win.

Fulham and Stoke's game in hand is aginst each other. last week of the season at Fulham so a draw would be a good result for us.

Wolves look like they have hit a bit of form lately but going for a Rovers 2-1 win.

Defensively they are definitely on form, but since they didn't make Howard work once against everton they really do struggle to score goals. They probably have a worse midfield than us and if we can retain the ball a bit better I fancy Niko to notch on Saturday.

Archived