BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group A Discussion - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eddie, what do you make of these reports that the French players have revolted against their manager and are walking out of the World Cup?

Oops, just seen that Anelka has been sent home.

Ah well he only gets a three day jump on his compatriots!

Jesus they are a mess, nothing though for the pride of playing for one's country and the ability to put an ego aside for one month. Idiots, all of them.

But enough about England...

Something like this has been brewing for years. Domenech is a shockingly inept coach (the team got to the final four years ago in spite of him and under the leadership of the finest player of the last twenty years) and things are now coming to a head. One can only imagine the scale of the egos in the French camp. The natural emotionality of the French and the manager's deep unpopularity meant that this outcome was perhaps inevitable.

Interesting listening to JOhn Terry talking about his colleague Nicolas Anelka and saying there might be a few in the England camp being sent home when they air their views this evening with Capello.

The French are a disgrace. The egos that these people carry is just unreal. They really think that they can do what they want. They forget that they are representing their nation, which is far more important than an personal grievances they may have. The ring leaders of this should never be allowed to play for France again. However, I imagine that after this not many of them will want to.

I think the "ring leaders" being Anelka, Malouda, Henry, Gallas and probably Govou have all played their last major tournament anyway, I have always loved watching French football but from the handball goal to now this it has really soured me.

• Backroom

It's great to see the South African team singing and dancing their way onto the pitch. It will be a shame if they don't make it through to the next round today.

Yeah I love that, great spirit it's a shame they will likely go out

Iceman, what's the overall opinion of South Africa so far in this World Cup? Have the fans been disappointed or did you expect to go out in the first round?

If South Africa do go out today, I think they become the first team to host the World Cup and go out in the first round.

Goal!!!!

Hope for Bafana Bafana :D

Archived