BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group A Discussion - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable offside call to keep it tied at nil.

You mean the one in the first half? It was an excellent decision.

Mexico should be winning this, but up front they've looked poor.

It was indeed a great decision. There was only 1 player between the ball and the goal wqhe Vela got it, the keeper went AWOL.

SA 1-0 with a great strike. Is it me or is the SA left back terrible?

I don't follow. There was an outfield player on the line the whole time.

Yea, but he was the only player between the Mexico player and the goal. There has to be 2. Normally it is the keeper plus defender. Just befor there was only the defender.

Lucky over here we get quality commentating.

"A goal strike in the scoring zone!"

I really enjoyed that game. I thought that Mexico should have won it, but South Africa really improved in the second half and scored a great goal. I thought that some of the football that both sides played was very good. However the sight of Cuauhtémoc Blanco lumbering around the pitch was a bit of joke. I went to see the Chicago Fire play a game last year when I was in Chicago and he actually pulled his hamstring when he tried to sprint. That isn't a joke either. Good touch though. I'm looking forward to the next game. I think Uruguay will win. They are a dark horse for this World Cup.

• Backroom

Watching BBC now and the 30 seconds of coverage from the first game was too much of Mark Bright or whoever it was on commentary, he was hinting the Mexico keeper was at fault for Tshibalalalalalabs goal, useless twonk.

BBC HD looks so much clearer than ITV HD though

S Africa will be happy with the point but really not a great result for either team. France and Uruguay are on paper at least stronger than Mexico so this was South Africa's best chance for a win, and Mexico will need to beat either Uruguay or France now to stand a chance of going through.

Wonder what we will see from France tonight?

With Mystic Meg in charge who knows. They are in bit of disaray players not getting on with the coach and each other. I'm hoping they get stuffed, but they'll probably pull off a flukey 1-0.

Keen to see more of Gourcuff.

That freebie is playing Govou, he'd look good in a rovers shirt.

With Mystic Meg in charge who knows. They are in bit of disaray players not getting on with the coach and each other. I'm hoping they get stuffed, but they'll probably pull off a flukey 1-0.

Keen to see more of Gourcuff.

That freebie is playing Govou, he'd look good in a rovers shirt.

Can't believe Domenech is still there! Read an article the other day about some players not wanting Gourcuff in the side, because it meant that Henry wouldn't be starting. Anelka refusing to pass to Gourcuff in training.

Just saw this on Domenech's Wiki page:

Domenech chose Pascal Chimbonda, a low-profile player with no face or international experience, for the squad.

Can't believe Domenech is still there! Read an article the other day about some players not wanting Gourcuff in the side, because it meant that Henry wouldn't be starting. Anelka refusing to pass to Gourcuff in training.

He's off after the world cup. They just said Malouda had to be dragged off him in training by Gallas, must have told him that the star's said he wasn't right for tonight. Don't understand why they would have an issue with Gourcuff himslef he doesn't pick the team??? I am hopeful that all the infighting means they flop but the french are jammey little dogs and always weasel their way through.

Its going to be interesting to see how they play with just Anelka up front he doesn't stay very central and likes to work the flanks. Govou just missed a sitter he's a rovers player all over!!

Archived