BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Capello'S Future

tcj_jones

William Gallas interview about Domenech:

"The real problem is the coach. Okay I wasn't good, we weren't good. But the coach wasn't up to scratch either. I was appalled that we didn't play with two strikers.

"Even the training sessions weren't up to the level required. You can have the best players in the world in your team, but if you don't have the coach you need, then the results will not be achieved."

case and point. Exactly what I'm talking about with Capello. Only none of the English players have the balls to come out and say this.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

William Gallas interview about Domenech:

case and point. Exactly what I'm talking about with Capello. Only none of the English players have the balls to come out and say this.

Oh come on, Domenech is Paul Ince-bad.

The England players were totally out to lunch at this World Cup and deserve all the derision they are getting.

What are you talking about MrE. You have totally contradicted yourself (for a change). Our players allegedly wanted to play 4-5-1, whereas it seemed France wanted to play 4-4-2.

Whichever way you look at it, both sets of players went against the wishes of the manager and both were knocked out early.

Apparently Capello could axe both Stuart Pearce and Ray Clemence.

Someone in management has to bear a portion of the blame. And since Capello knows that Capello didn't make any mistakes (by definition an impossibility), it must be the fault of his assistants. :wacko:

Here's a perspective to consider....... The managers of Spain and Holland combined earn less than half Capello's remuneration despite the abject and embarrassing performance of Englands finest!

But never mind Capello after the scandalous and massive SGE pay off it's the stupid sods at the FA who should be sacked first. Thank goodness the Nationwide have told em where to get off re:sponsorship. They might have to revert to some responsible management now.

Here's a perspective to consider....... The managers of Spain and Holland combined earn less than half Capello's remuneration despite the abject and embarrassing performance of Englands finest!

But never mind Capello after the scandalous and massive SGE pay off it's the stupid sods at the FA who should be sacked first. Thank goodness the Nationwide have told em where to get off re:sponsorship. They might have to revert to some responsible management now.

Got to say the FA and Englands world cup performance has certainly damaged my enthusiasm of the English game.

I feel extremely angry at the so called professionals in this country from the club owners, the agents, the media, the ex pros, and of course the current managers and players - conmen the lot of them !

The premiership now is a severely damaged product... can fully understand that the timing is right to get out of the so called game by the trustees.

Del Bosque took over a team that had just won Euro 2008.

Van Marwijk's record is slightly more impressive, but they have qualified for every major competition since 2002.

We didn't qualify for Euro 2008 and Capello took over at a very low ebb and we went on to win every game in qualification until we qualified. I would suggest that dismissing this out of hand plays into the idea that England fans have delusions of grandeur. I wasn't happy with the performances but in retrospect I don't think it was an unmitigated disaster. This is a work in progress, and I expect us to qualify for Euro 2012 with ease and we will again be branded joint favourites with Spain, then when we don't win we can sack Capello and hire an Englishman and the process can repeat again.

Capello did perfectly in the qualifiers, but lest we forget it was a ######-poor group. Croatia weren't the same animal that put England to the sword in 2008, when McClaren did everything possible to botch the England side. Capello then scraped through one of the easiest groups of the World Cup, before England were soundly thrashed by the first decent team. £6m for that? The FA are clueless.

Is this the same Croatia that have been in the top 10 for the past few years?(I think they were 4th in 2008, they are currently 10th)

Why do you think they are rubbish? Because we were the first team ever to beat them at home? Do you think you might perceive them as rubbish because we beat them?

I fear that perspective has been completely lost

Interesting that Wenger and Ferguson feel the need to pipe up. Rooney was still injured because SAF brought him back too early (is he bigger than the man utd team?) and Arsene has managed to turn a promising young striker into an ineffective, timid winger.

Easy to be wise after the event. Let's hope Rooney makes a full recovery because I think Man Utd need him more than England

Wenger doesn't even mention Rooney specifically. I noticed who wrote that article then realised why it was a twisted piece of crud.

"The truth is that at the World Cup, to be competitive you must have a thick midfield. That area has been reinforced at the cost of a second forward."

It's amazing that almost everyone could see this except Capello. It's not even with the benefit of hindsight either, almost everyone in the build up to the tournament was saying it.

Is this the same Croatia that have been in the top 10 for the past few years?(I think they were 4th in 2008, they are currently 10th)

If that's true, then it proves they've clearly declined since 2008. The fact they couldn't qualify for the WC ahead of Ukraine should speak for itself.

Why do you think they are rubbish? Because we were the first team ever to beat them at home? Do you think you might perceive them as rubbish because we beat them?

Croatia were a half-decent team in decline, and the rest of the group (Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, & Andorra) are small-time football nations. The group was easy pickings for England and did not warrant the ensuing hype of them conquering the world.

I fear that perspective has been completely lost

When you find it, return it to the FA H.Q. in a self-addressed envelope.

Rooneys reputation is totally shattered for me, two world cups and he still cant do it.

Every man and his dog were championing Wayne Rooney in the run up and during the world cup so we are all guilty and thats not just confined to Capello in the misjudgement of believing in Rooney.

Hopefully Wayne Rooneys England career is in tatters, and a place on the bench is the best thats in store for Rooney from now on. Then lets see what sort of commitment he'll show for his country. Somehow would'nt think he'd take it too well.

Rooneys reputation is totally shattered for me, two world cups and he still cant do it.

Every man and his dog were championing Wayne Rooney in the run up and during the world cup so we are all guilty and thats not just confined to Capello in the misjudgement of believing in Rooney.

Hopefully Wayne Rooneys England career is in tatters, and a place on the bench is the best thats in store for Rooney from now on. Then lets see what sort of commitment he'll show for his country. Somehow would'nt think he'd take it too well.

Fun fact: Wayne Rooney has more red cards than goals at the World Cup.

It turns out that when the players from the 'big teams', like Rooney, aren't constantly getting the benefit of the doubt from refs they aren't that good. They clearly find it too tricky on a level playing field.

Topman. I understand what you are trying to say. I do think Croatia are not as good as they were in 2008. None the less this is the same team that prevented us qualifying in 2008. So are you trying to say that we have got worse since then but Croatia have got even worse even quicker?

Whichever way you look at it, the England team is in a better state than it was two years ago and I think this will still be the case when Capello leaves. People just got too carried away. Capello made mistakes, but great managers learn from mistakes. I hope my faith is not misplaced.

Whichever way you look at it, the England team is in a better state than it was two years ago and I think this will still be the case when Capello leaves. People just got too carried away. Capello made mistakes, but great managers learn from mistakes. I hope my faith is not misplaced.

I'm looking at it from those rankings. We have dropped to 13th. Lower than any time since '58. I predict Capello's tenure will go from bad to worse in order to force the FA's hand and pay him out amidst a maelstrom of public outrage.

He doesn't want to remain I'm sure and the FA have only given him a vote of confidence cos they cannot afford to pay him up now that the main sponsors have departed. It's a war of nerves that the FA cannot win.

Whoever sanctioned renewing Capello's contract just before the world cup should be kicked out immediately. I cannot even begin to fathom the level of stupidity that he/they must possess to repeat the SGE fiasco.

Archived