BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Capello'S Future

tcj_jones

Just so you all know the figures on the coaches in this country are wrong. There are about 4,000 B's and 800 A's. Spain has about 3,000 A's, the figures mentioned are drivel.

I do not buy the tiredness excuse for one second. There are so many ways to deal with both mental and physical fatigue these days in both aspects of detection and recovery. It all truly smacks of poor planning, poor preparation. The differences between playing in England and other countries will not be as big as people think, from the aspect of physical demands. They had weeks to recovery the players and get them back into some sort of peak.

Altitude, training camp in Austria, South Africa was at altitude as well there are no excuses. They had enough time to acclimatise.

They are just rolling out the excuses to cover over what has been a poorly planned and executed attempt by all involved parties.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think every man and his dog knows that the Premiership is faster paced and more combative than any other major league in the world, so using Forlan as an example didn't really counter my argument.

Games in Spain are slower because it's warmer and it would be madness to run around like a braindead headless chicken a la Gerrard. Also Spain's season finished two weeks later than ours, and the majority of their players play for the top 2 who were embroiled in a battle for the title until the very end. Not heard them moaning like spoilt brats about being tired?

How about Ryan Nelsen? Tevez? Emerton? Cahill? Ji-Sung Park? Clint Dempsey? Mascherano?

It's an excuse for not being good enough. Yet again.

Just so you all know the figures on the coaches in this country are wrong. There are about 4,000 B's and 800 A's. Spain has about 3,000 A's, the figures mentioned are drivel.

Source?

Total agreement.

What is it about these bombastic, pretentious asswipes, players and management alike, that precludes the fecking idiots from actually taking a bit of responsibility for their pi$$ poor performance.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the England squad is composed of chavs with physical talent.

I think we need to reside ourselves to the fact that England's showing at this year's world cup was a shower of sh!t and move on.

May I refer people to the takeover thread for more stimulating and thought provoking material.

Games in Spain are slower because it's warmer and it would be madness to run around like a braindead headless chicken a la Gerrard. Also Spain's season finished two weeks later than ours, and the majority of their players play for the top 2 who were embroiled in a battle for the title until the very end. Not heard them moaning like spoilt brats about being tired?

How about Ryan Nelsen? Tevez? Emerton? Cahill? Ji-Sung Park? Clint Dempsey? Mascherano?

Source?

Conference held back in 2008. The numbers will not have declined much since, they were comparing all the major european countries and the numbers they had in each.

I agree, I think he went too far in his discipline.

But, remember 2006. Everybody complaining about Sven's lax attitude with the WAGs and everything. Yet now we are complaining about Capello for being too strict.

When will the players be blamed? I have watched Terry, Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard fail many more times than I have seen Capello fail. That is why I am willing to give him another chance (and it won't cost us anything; age of austerity and all that).

Exactly.

It shouldn't have to be one extreme or the other though. when you first come in you need to lay down the law and you can because it's usually only 4 or 5 days together. By the time you get to a tournament you should know your players well enough to know when and in what areas you can give them a bit of leeway and when you have to lay down the law. Fight the battles you can win - no WAGS circus for example - relax over the ones you can't - i pods or whatever it was they wanted in that line. That way you seem reasonable and the restrictions you do impose have a far better chance of getting player goodwill and approval.

Sven was seen as being lax but all the players liked him. His fault was that he played the dullest system known to man. We are a top 8 team, Sven got us there at every tournament, and with a bit of luck we may have got a bit further. The 2010 crowd are nowhere near, but it will all be forgotten come OCtober when Rooney is banging them in, Lampard has the run of Stamford Bridge, Terry is "back to his best", and SWP is sitting on a subs bench.

What a tragic tournament.

The is no one party culpable in this. The players did not perform, the manager made some bad tactical decisions, and the press are always in this as they whip up the public into a fervor.

Anyone would think Capello was running a frickin' POW camp. They had a swimming pool, gym, video games, safari trips, and even their wags showed up after the group stage. Must have been a month of pure hell.

Talk about not caring, having no pride and no passion. They’re so far out of tune with the average man in the street its disgusting.

They’re a national disgrace.

Blame Dr. Frankenstein for creating the monster = I.e. Sky Sports and every dim-witted fan ready to line their pockets because they're strong-armed by "club loyalty". Fans have the power to change the game, but they will never make a stand.

The fact is, modern footballers, the multi-millionaires ones, don't care much at all about the World Cup, even if they sometimes try to force themselves to act like they do in front of the cameras. You see all these pictures of the England players laughing, drinking champagne and smoking cigars right after the Germany match, and then read stories how they're all on their way to their 5 million vacation mansions in Barbados or whatever, and it becomes rather clear. They've won big championships with their clubs, they're rich beyond anyone's wildest dreams whether they win or lose, they live pampered lives surrounded by luxury...they really couldn't be tossed about just another match. I mean, they wouldn't mind winning for bragging rights...but that's about it.

Obviously this isn't just with the England squad, but other big countries have the tactical skills and technique to compensate for their lack of desire. England don't even have that, and they are nothing. At the World Cup you need players who are starving to prove themselves on the biggest stage of all, players who are every bit as exited if not more than the fans that have traveled thousands of miles to support them. With their paychecks, that type of motivation is impossible. There is nothing that can be done to get them out of this state of mind.

Anyone would think Capello was running a frickin' POW camp. They had a swimming pool, gym, video games, safari trips, and even their wags showed up after the group stage. Must have been a month of pure hell.

Indeed... and the couple of hours 'work' was having a kick about with your mates! :rolleyes:

They should have dropped the idle feckers off for a stay in Camp Bastion until August imo. In fact it might have helped if they'd all gone there for a month first for a proper dose of reallity!

Plenty of the USA players such as Howard, Dempsey, Altidore, DeMerit, Holden, Spector played in the premiership this year not to mention flying halfway around the World for the USA's qualifying games, they didn't seem to struggle to get a draw against us and got just as far as we did.

Plenty of other premiership players have done just fine in the World Cup and plenty more have played in just as many if not more games, tiredness is just an easy excuse to point to, if they truly were so tired then why didn't Capello consider resting or substituting the likes of Rooney.

Too easy an excuse for my liking.

My view on the World Cup is that "Team England" is a myth. We are a collection of good footballers but rarely perform as a team. It is hit and miss with flashes of brilliance and mediocrity in the same game. I think there are tensions within the camp which are excacerbated when the players are in close proxilmity for an extended spell.

John Terry was a self appointed leader and totally went over the head of his captain Gerrard to give the press conference.

I think the squad was split and divided over certain issues to do with Capello and issues with certain players.I dont think Terry has got over his demotion from captaincy and he doesnt get on with Gerrard who is not a natural born leader.

It was an unhappy ship.

I think there will be some interesting headlines in the coming weeks to explain what went wrong.

Absolutely crazy. I am even more convinced that Capello needs to left in charge of the team, and needs to be allowed to drop whoever necessary.

He doesn't seem the type to put up with this. I look forward to the squad being announced for the Hungary game.

Press have been gagged if the rumours on the net are correct so could be interesting if it's true. Obviously I can't write what I've found but it's not hard to find but it will probably explain why the team didn't get on.

My girlfriend even got a txt over here about said incident.

If the rumours are true, which would explain the God awful performances and lack of cohesion then the people involved in the rift in the camp should be named and shamed and never be allowed to go near an England shirt again.

Makes my blood boil that they are so self obsessed about their own personal lives they let it interfere with millions of people's dreams, absolutely unforgivable if true.

I was ready to Blame Capello as he sat looking clueless as to why we played so bad but now I feel sorry for him, not a person in the world could sort out these selfish playboys.

Perhaps the best way forward would be to go to france, holland, brazil, spain, italy and so on and take all the best points and put them together.

To be honest. Taking ANY points from them would be a start...

Still, "the English way is the best" etc etc as all the English pundits/managers chuff on about...

Press have been gagged if the rumours on the net are correct so could be interesting if it's true. Obviously I can't write what I've found but it's not hard to find but it will probably explain why the team didn't get on.

Could you give me a gentle nudge in the right direction, I can't find anything!

Can someone PM me? It's hard to find out these sorts of things at the arse end of the world.

The Mirror says all the rumours of a rift between Terry and Gerrard are rubbish.

Yes..I'd certainly believe a tabloid :blink:

It's amazing but Google seems to work even at the arse end of the world.

Yes, I'm now trawling rumors about Gerrard allegedly knocking up his wife's sister etc.

...although no-one seems to know if she actually has a sister :lol:

Archived