BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Capello'S Future

tcj_jones

The manager is the least of England's worries. Keeping Capello at the helm in the short term is the only option.

The grass roots of the game and the rotten to the core FA are the real issues that HAVE to be addressed.

Until English players can pass and move, have the required ball skills and be comfortable in possesion, who the manager is will not make one iota of difference.

dear me, do you even watch football?

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, international level has proven that our players cannot compete. We were outpassed by fecking Algeria!

Ok, who do you bring in?

Look at the last decade, we've tried the lot.

Passionate 'man manager'- failure

Laid back foreign coach- failure

Promoting an Englishman from within the coaching set up- failure

World renowned, trophy laden Italian- failure.

Are you honesty thinking that who the manager is, is the biggest crisis facing the England set up?!

What a stupid reply, his post was perfectly viable, England chase the ball around at high tempo for 90 mins or as long as they can before they fall, If they were learn't at grass roots level to hold the ball, be confident in possesion and pass and move we probably would'nt have seen a team so knackered by 60 mins.

If school children were taught that holding the ball and passing and moving was so important we wouldnt need to play at such a high tempo which completely tires us out, it's no wonder we get beat so late in games and on penalties too, not to mention the fact that all school children train on full size pitches which encourages lumping the ball as long as we can.

Is it a coincidence that nearly every other team packed out the midfield with five and played possesion football rather than high tempo kick and run? I dont think so.

Technique over tempo is more important in international teams but doesnt make for essential veiwing, hence why people think the prem is the best league in the world.

if he selects the same old same old for the first euro qualifier then he should be sacked on the spot.

Darren bent looked rubbish in the friendlies but then so did all of them, he would quite literally have been bean and shoulders above defoe and could'nt possibly offer less than heskey.......utterly criminal that scoring that many goals did'nt get him on the plane with adam johnson.

Capello needs to drop a minimum of 10 of that 23 for all future squads to garner any respect, how the """" anyone sees Gareth """""""" Barry as the determiner of our success is beyund me, he offers nothing at international level along with heskey, defoe, king, green, terry, wright philips, dawson,johnson, upson(seriously how did he get in) and james.

None of the above should feel any entitlement towards being selected without showing some form as there are better english players in their positions.

Yes, international level has proven that our players cannot compete. We were outpassed by fecking Algeria!

Ok, who do you bring in?

Look at the last decade, we've tried the lot.

Passionate 'man manager'- failure

Laid back foreign coach- failure

Promoting an Englishman from within the coaching set up- failure

World renowned, trophy laden Italian- failure.

Are you honesty thinking that who the manager is, is the biggest crisis facing the England set up?!

I wouldnt bother, I have yet to read a post by Mr. E that doesnt read as if written by a clueless halfwit having a hissy fit.

Richards, Walcott, Cahill and Johnson could all develop very nicely.

Not sure about those lot.

Richards is a good athlete but is thick as pigshit and can't defend.

Walcott plays with blinkers on.

Cahill, decent league defender, could get better.

Johnson (do you mean Michael?), fat scouse alcoholic who has only played a handfull of good games...

I like him, I'm right about Michael, though (but I'd take him on loan at Rovers).

You are right about Michael, but Eddie wasn't on about him. He'll be lucky if he has a professional career let alone play for England, he's got a lot of personal issues.

Anyone still think we should have put Beckham in charge, based on the success of Dunga and Maradona?

Dunga...success?

I'd go for Shearer before Beckham.

What a stupid reply, his post was perfectly viable, England chase the ball around at high tempo for 90 mins or as long as they can before they fall, If they were learn't at grass roots level to hold the ball, be confident in possesion and pass and move we probably would'nt have seen a team so knackered by 60 mins.

If school children were taught that holding the ball and passing and moving was so important we wouldnt need to play at such a high tempo which completely tires us out, it's no wonder we get beat so late in games and on penalties too, not to mention the fact that all school children train on full size pitches which encourages lumping the ball as long as we can.

Is it a coincidence that nearly every other team packed out the midfield with five and played possesion football rather than high tempo kick and run? I dont think so.

Technique over tempo is more important in international teams but doesnt make for essential veiwing, hence why people think the prem is the best league in the world.

I'm not sure if I'm the stupid one, or someone who can't read, like you. I don't disagree that English players lack the technical abilities of the other top counties. I hove not said anything on this matter at all.

But as the manger, Capello chooses the formation. He decides the team. He is the one who didn't start with Robinson or Hart, but Green and James. He is the one that picked such jokes as Barry and Johnson. He is the one who played Lampard so far back in midfield. He is the one that played Garrard on the left. He is the one that started with Lennon or SWP for the first 2 games and didn't bring Walcott or Ashley Young. He is the one that stuck Rooney with a partner, a position he has failed at every single time (that's why he doesn't play with owen or Berbatov at United). He is the one that, upon deciding he definitely will play with two strikers, didn't play Crouch, aka the one and only proven goalscorer for England. Every time he has played he has been one of England's best players, but could only get 2 minutes at the world cup. And, most of all, he is the one that played that fat, useless sack of turd Emile Heskey in every one of England's games.

If all that does not make "one iota of difference", than you truly don't know a thing about football.

And amazing how pretty much every single top coach whose team failed at this world cup has either resigned or admitted his mistakes. Capello on the other hand not only gets to keep his job, but still thinks of himself as king. As do some on this forum, apparently, who don't think his decisions made any difference.

Regardless of any other factor, England were lined up in the worst possible formation from all the teams at this world cup. There was not a single other manager who was as clueless and as disillusioned with his players as Capello.

I'm not sure if I'm the stupid one, or someone who can't read, like you. I don't disagree that English players lack the technical abilities of the other top counties. I hove not said anything on this matter at all.

But as the manger, Capello chooses the formation. He decides the team. He is the one who didn't start with Robinson or Hart, but Green and James. He is the one that picked such jokes as Barry and Johnson. He is the one who played Lampard so far back in midfield. He is the one that played Garrard on the left. He is the one that started with Lennon or SWP for the first 2 games and didn't bring Walcott or Ashley Young. He is the one that stuck Rooney with a partner, a position he has failed at every single time (that's why he doesn't play with owen or Berbatov at United). He is the one that, upon deciding he definitely will play with two strikers, didn't play Crouch, aka the one and only proven goalscorer for England. Every time he has played he has been one of England's best players, but could only get 2 minutes at the world cup. And, most of all, he is the one that played that fat, useless sack of turd Emile Heskey in every one of England's games.

If all that does not make "one iota of difference", than you truly don't know a thing about football.

And amazing how pretty much every single top coach whose team failed at this world cup has either resigned or admitted his mistakes. Capello on the other hand not only gets to keep his job, but still thinks of himself as king. As do some on this forum, apparently, who don't think his decisions made any difference.

Regardless of any other factor, England were lined up in the worst possible formation from all the teams at this world cup. There was not a single other manager who was as clueless and as disillusioned with his players as Capello.

What you've got to realise and come to terms with Mr.E. is, if Capello had chosen another formation with different players ..THE OUTCOME WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME !

What you've got to realise and come to terms with Mr.E. is, if Capello had chosen another formation with different players ..THE OUTCOME WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME !

This is insane. Simply nuts. So I guess we should just forget about tactics and formations all together and play with James center forward, Milner in goal, what have you? Capello is being payed 4 million a year so that nothing he does will make any difference? What the hell?

Whether England could have beaten Germany is debatable, but with the proper formation they would have not embarrassed themselves so completely. And they probably would have won their group too, and not had to play them at all.

Can we stop having this inane players vs manager argument?!

Yes Capello made a series of errors during the World Cup. However it's not his fault Robert Green couldn't even hold onto a football, it's not his fault that some of the players could barely trap a ball and it's not his fault our star player has been off the pace for what's actually been a good few months since his injury.

England were in no way good enough to win the World Cup. However, if Green didn't fumble vs the USA or if Rooney's shot had gone the other side of the post vs Slovenia (thus making us top on goal difference) and we would have won the group and then played Ghana and then Uruguay - neither of whom have been pretty impressive - there's every chance we would have been looking at a semi final date vs Holland this week. So what if we weren't that good? Was scraping past Belgium and Cameroon in 1990 that good? It wouldve made all the difference between Capello being hailed as a hero for matching our second best ever WC performance or having presided over one of our worst.

Capello has proven time and time again he's a great manager who before the World Cup had done a good job with England. However he's not experienced at international level. The real test is what happens from here.

This is insane. Simply nuts. So I guess we should just forget about tactics and formations all together and play with James center forward, Milner in goal, what have you? Capello is being payed 4 million a year so that nothing he does will make any difference? What the hell?

Whether England could have beaten Germany is debatable, but with the proper formation they would have not embarrassed themselves so completely. And they probably would have won their group too, and not had to play them at all.

So sorry for shattering your dream Mr.E, but whatever formation and whoever had played against Germany, the way the Germans played we could not have lived with them on the football pitch.

Just look at Argentina today with possibly one of THE best players in the world in Messi, they played a different formation to what England played and look what happened - thrashed.

At the end of the day Mr.E our players, currently, simply arent good enough, thats why we import so many foreign players so as to beef the premier league up and make it more interesting to the public abroad as well as here.

Yes Capello made a series of errors during the World Cup. However it's not his fault Robert Green couldn't even hold onto a football, it's not his fault that some of the players could barely trap a ball and it's not his fault our star player has been off the pace for what's actually been a good few months since his injury.

Actually, yes it is his fault. Why did he choose Green and James, who finished 17th and 20th in the premiership, and not Robinson and Hart, both of who were vital for their sides finishing in the top 10? Did they not face the same challenges, and did not Hart and Robinson prove themselves to everyone watching (except Capello) time and time again they were England's best? And yet, his 4 million a year decision is still to start with Green. How did that pay off?

He said he would not pick injured players at the World Cup. Yet he took Barry, who could barely get himself fit for the 2nd game, and then went on to make a clown out of himself unable to stop a ball or make the simplest of passes.

Rooney was off pace, but then what is the point of training if Capello can't see that? I find it hard to believe that Rooney is in perfect condition in training but suddenly decides to play like crap in the actual matches. Capello said he would not be afraid to drop the big names, yet Lampard and Rooney played every game while hardly doing a thing right.

Capello's complete tactical ineptitude, embarrassing decisions, and scandalous refusal to admit his mistakes should not be hidden under the mount of the players' shortcomings, as high as that mount may be.

Archived