BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Capello'S Future

tcj_jones

Rooneys reputation is totally shattered for me, two world cups and he still cant do it.

Every man and his dog were championing Wayne Rooney in the run up and during the world cup so we are all guilty and thats not just confined to Capello in the misjudgement of believing in Rooney.

Hopefully Wayne Rooneys England career is in tatters, and a place on the bench is the best thats in store for Rooney from now on. Then lets see what sort of commitment he'll show for his country. Somehow would'nt think he'd take it too well.

To be fair last World Cup he definitely had an injury and this World Cup he was arguably still carrying one, since he hadn't even scored for United since he got injured in March.

He's still a fantastic player, yes he can't be mentioned in the same breath as Messi et al but I think questioning his commitment is rubbish.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking at it from those rankings. We have dropped to 13th. Lower than any time since '58. I predict Capello's tenure will go from bad to worse in order to force the FA's hand and pay him out amidst a maelstrom of public outrage.

He doesn't want to remain I'm sure and the FA have only given him a vote of confidence cos they cannot afford to pay him up now that the main sponsors have departed. It's a war of nerves that the FA cannot win.

Whoever sanctioned renewing Capello's contract just before the world cup should be kicked out immediately. I cannot even begin to fathom the level of stupidity that he/they must possess to repeat the SGE fiasco.

Lower than at anytime since 1958?

You mean apart from in 1974, 1978 and 1994 when we didn't even qualify. In fact it's our 4th best showing in the last 5 world cups. :)

I love the fact that you think Capello is the type of manager to purposefully damage his reputation for financial gain. I will hold you to that comment.

To be fair last World Cup he definitely had an injury and this World Cup he was arguably still carrying one, since he hadn't even scored for United since he got injured in March.

He's still a fantastic player, yes he can't be mentioned in the same breath as Messi et al but I think questioning his commitment is rubbish.

Questioning his commitment if you started him on the bench every game, thats what I meant.

Lower than at anytime since 1958?

You mean apart from in 1974, 1978 and 1994 when we didn't even qualify. In fact it's our 4th best showing in the last 5 world cups. :)

I love the fact that you think Capello is the type of manager to purposefully damage his reputation for financial gain. I will hold you to that comment.

Some startling facts. Think we must except and face facts that England simply dont have pedigree when it comes to World cups apart from the solitary win on home soil which was so long ago.

I would have benched him after his outburst, the boy gets away with murder on all levels.

Just because he's talented he seems to get away with a lot of ######. He is far too aggressive and lets it take over as opposed to focusing on what he needs to do. The boys brain is in his arse and until he controls himself he'll never be the player most already believe he is.

I'd try and humble him. Crouch has the better record anyway.

I see England have been ranked 13th in the World Cup rankings. Sounds about right after that farce. Does that have any affect on the world rankings then?

Obviously not! :) It's actually helped them in having yet another disastrous World Cup.

Obviously not! :) It's actually helped them in having yet another disastrous World Cup.

The anti-English sentiment is growing tiresome.

"another disastrous World Cup" - here's our (recent) history: 1982 (6th), 1986 (8th), 1990 (4th), 1998 (9th), 2002 (6th), 2006 (7th), 2010 (13th).

They're disastrous by the standards of a nation wanting to win, but they're still respectable results (barring this year of course!).

Looking at the FIFA rankings, it's hard to make a strong case for any of the sides to be above us. Portugal maybe, but they were just as pitiful in the tournament.

I don't think it's a case of England moving up the rankings, more other teams moving down...if you see what I mean. The likes of Italy, for example. One more bad tournament and we'll be slipping right down though, like France.

The anti-English sentiment is growing tiresome.

Fair enough. We all know that their World Cup was a complete farce and they showed what a second rate side they are. There's no need for me to keep going on about it. When I said 'another disastrous World Cup', I meant in relation to the last one, where they were nearly as hopeless.

Topman. I understand what you are trying to say. I do think Croatia are not as good as they were in 2008. None the less this is the same team that prevented us qualifying in 2008. So are you trying to say that we have got worse since then but Croatia have got even worse even quicker?

Whichever way you look at it, the England team is in a better state than it was two years ago and I think this will still be the case when Capello leaves. People just got too carried away. Capello made mistakes, but great managers learn from mistakes. I hope my faith is not misplaced.

It's a bit of both, really. Croatia were in decline, and England no longer had Steve McClaren.

Fair enough. We all know that their World Cup was a complete farce and they showed what a second rate side they are. There's no need for me to keep going on about it. When I said 'another disastrous World Cup', I meant in relation to the last one, where they were nearly as hopeless.

Got a bee in our bonnet, have we?

I'd try and humble him. Crouch has the better record anyway.

Did Crouch even play in the WC? Mind-boggling stuff from Capello.

Capello: "Right, we're 4-1 down and desperately need some goals. Do I pick Crouch, who has a better England strike-rate than Alan Shearer, or Emile 'I've scored, let's declare a national holiday!' Heskey? If only I had the Capello Index!™ What do you think, Psycho?"

Psycho: "#$@*@*#!!!'

Capello: "Heskey it is!"

Good point bout Rooney struggling without ref protection.

If firing Pearce and Clement and replacing them with Italians doesn't send a message that England coaching is in crisis, I don't know what does.

At least England should improve at international level.

If firing Pearce and Clement and replacing them with Italians doesn't send a message that England coaching is in crisis, I don't know what does.

At least England should improve at international level.

Italy went out before us!

Did Crouch even play in the WC? Mind-boggling stuff from Capello.

Capello: "Right, we're 4-1 down and desperately need some goals. Do I pick Crouch, who has a better England strike-rate than Alan Shearer, or Emile 'I've scored, let's declare a national holiday!' Heskey? If only I had the Capello Index! What do you think, Psycho?"

Psycho: "#$@*@*#!!!'

Capello: "Heskey it is!"

It's occurred to me that after accepting his shiny new contract extension that Capello was actually angling for the sack at the WC. The more I think about it the stronger my suspicions. <_<

Before anybody disses this just consider that he simply could not have made worse decisions in South Africa if he had been taking his orders directly from either Paul Ince or eddie!

Watching Ince on SSN this morning brought back painful memories. The compulsive 'you knows' and looking like he was going to burst into tears at any moment. Yeah, Sky, let's consult Paul Ince about Fabio Capello's management, the guy who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

Archived