BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Capello'S Future

tcj_jones

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He tried to resign before the world cup after he lost to South Korea in two friendlies. He also made it known that he was always going to quit after the world cup.

Yeah I heard that that too, but at least he's still taking responsibility for his team going out.

"I was not able to make them win, that's my responsibility, I did not make them eager enough."

Remind you of anyone?

He has been in charge for two years ffs. It's not an overnight job, when he took over we had failed to quality for our first major tournament since 1994. He has already done a good job.

Capello doesn't have mates in the media and doesn't tell them anything, the players do. That is why the media is blaming Capello, when the truth comes out he will have carte Blanche to do what is necessary.

The golden generation will be no more. (if players don't get dropped I won't be happy, but that is for another day).

Not sure Capello has the balls to kick most of the players out of the squad. Gerrard, Lampard, Lennon, Defoe SWP et al aren't good enough at this level and need to be dropped.

The likes of Adam Johnson should start every game from now on and get this team built up for the next tournament. Germany had Muller and Ozil in this squad, and they're 20 and 21 respectively. We're not brave enough to do it.

GKs: Hart

DFs: Richards, Dawson, Cahill, Smalling, Shawcross, Gibbs

MFs: Johnson, Walcott, Wilshere, Rodwell, Huddlestone, Milner, Young

FWs: Rooney, Agbonlahor, Bent

I think this is the core of young players we should be looking at getting in the squad from now on (I've probably missed some too). There is a lot of talent in there - Cahill, Johnson, Rodwell and Wilshere in particular.

Hart

Richards Cahill Dawson Gibbs

Rodwell _ Milner

Walcott __ Wilshere __ Johnson

Rooney

Not bad...obviously all the older players aren't going to be ditched though.

Jones!

:)

Ah! How could I?

Jones instead of Shawcross, I don't like him much anyway.

I must admit I haven't seen much of Smalling, but I'm more than prepared to trust Fergie's judgement on a central defender, I can't remember the last time he got it wrong. If he thinks he's worth £8 million then that's good enough for me.

I cant believe Smalling is better than Jones, we need to see a couple of seasons first but if Jones continues in the same vain, he will not just make the squad, he will be skipper!!

Only if he doesn't play for rovers at that point. There's no way they'd choose an England captain who plays for Rovers :(:angry2:

I must admit I haven't seen much of Smalling, but I'm more than prepared to trust Fergie's judgement on a central defender, I can't remember the last time he got it wrong. If he thinks he's worth £8 million then that's good enough for me.

Not only that, but a player Wenger wanted to sign as well (although he's looked a bit poor the few times I have seen him play).

well that's that officially for England's "golden generation". Maybe for the better too I suppose...such passionless players deserve such a clueless clown of a manager.

Hopefully the "talentless" youngsters (as Capello says) coming in will have more heart, and a better manager to go with it.

Not sure why anyone is that fussed. Who would come in and do a better job? Cyclically changing the manager has achieved little and there are no real candidates out there. I agree that Capello has had a very poor world cup but I can't see the advantage in changing him for the sake of it. The issues at stake are not going to be addressed by a new guy coming in.

The likes of Adam Johnson should start every game from now on and get this team built up for the next tournament. Germany had Muller and Ozil in this squad, and they're 20 and 21 respectively. We're not brave enough to do it.

GKs: Hart

DFs: Richards, Dawson, Cahill, Smalling, Shawcross, Gibbs

MFs: Johnson, Walcott, Wilshere, Rodwell, Huddlestone, Milner, Young

FWs: Rooney, Agbonlahor, Bent

I think this is the core of young players we should be looking at getting in the squad from now on (I've probably missed some too). There is a lot of talent in there - Cahill, Johnson, Rodwell and Wilshere in particular.

Hart

Richards Cahill Dawson Gibbs

Rodwell _ Milner

Walcott __ Wilshere __ Johnson

Rooney

Not bad...obviously all the older players aren't going to be ditched though.

Well not bad but it does make you wonder when you look at the Germans, Brazillians, Spanish, Dutch and Argies how we are going to get near them over the next eight years. While all promising none of those guys really looked like they are going to be world class, Wilshire aside. Quite different from Gerrard, Ferdinand or Rooney for example who looked first rate from the outset.

I can see us scrapping around in the second tier of teams for a while.

Well not bad but it does make you wonder when you look at the Germans, Brazillians, Spanish, Dutch and Argies how we are going to get near them over the next eight years. While all promising none of those guys really looked like they are going to be world class, Wilshire aside. Quite different from Gerrard, Ferdinand or Rooney for example who looked first rate from the outset.

The last time we were in the top tier was 1966.

Remember when he said that John Terry made a big mistake. Let's see if he meant it.

I think he did.

:)

Also, wasn't Dunga one of the reasons that Beckham was being touted? Let's see how Argentina do first eh?

Argentina and Spain aside, none of the others have more than two genuine world class players. In fact, with Germany it's debatable whether they have any outstanding individuals, but they make a great team.

If we can get Rooney as the focal point then we have a world class player there, then hopefully the likes of Wilshere and Johnson will fulfil their potential.

I think you missed Rodwell from that list though, Man Utd have been sniffing round him for a while now. He looks like he has everything, someone just needs to decide whether he's going to play centre back or midfield.

Capello is staying.

The FA obviously can't afford to get rid...... but can they afford to keep him?

Basically I bet he's well p1ssed off! I'd hope this is simply an FA tactic to negotiate his severence pay down. I'm sure he'd rather stick poins in his eyes every day than continue managing England and seeing his once proud mangerial record in tatters. Getting shot of him looks like it's become a war of attrition.

All set up for Hodgson to take over in 2012 (Beckham as his assistant).

Can't see that happening cos I've a feeling that Hodgson will fail at Liverpool. Arry will be deemed untouchable cos of his sticky fingers so the list is diminishing. If it's to be an Englishman then it's either Sam or Megson! :lol:

Personally I'm not ruling out Arsene Wenger...... though he prob will do. He's an honourary Englishmen who understands the English way and the mentality of the English players and whose teams play football the right way.

But you've a point eddie.... knowing the FA :rolleyes: it'll prob be a double act involving Pearce and Goldenballs Becks. Half a brain cell each should be enough to out do Capello's performance.

The manager is the least of England's worries. Keeping Capello at the helm in the short term is the only option.

The grass roots of the game and the rotten to the core FA are the real issues that HAVE to be addressed.

Until English players can pass and move, have the required ball skills and be comfortable in possesion, who the manager is will not make one iota of difference.

Archived