BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 2010-2011

Criminal is just the word. New York was running essentially the same defensive play over and over. The Eagles line was soaking up the blitz, allowing Vick to exploit the enormous room that the attacking defenders were leaving behind them.

The turnovers are almost obligatory now. The sloppiness that the team has been exhibiting all year is what is most alarming. Coughlin can scowl, curse and look bemused all he wants but in the end it's his responsibility to ensure that a championship-calibre team doesn't defeat itself. That is exactly what the Giants have done in both games against the Eagles this season. Pure, shoddy carelessness and inherent inability to close out the game when it really matters will continue to cost the Giants even if they somehow make the play-offs.

I'm really very annoyed at the moment and I'm quite resolved not to watch another regular season game.

Almost exactly what I said to my mate. The defense at times seems brilliant, then they will give up either a massive play or a really awful one. The D line is good and the secondary is pretty tight. Linebackers are pretty shabby and Fewell has to blitz em as they don't seem able to a lot else.

The turnovers are just a joke. How the hell can Manningham not hang on to the ball, when he wasn't hit. Like some of Bradshaws earlier in the season.

The Eagles are just a major pain in the behind! They won't die. Their defence is pretty shabby but get away with it because of Vick's brilliance.

I still see us beating Green Bay and Redskins to make it through but even then we won't have enough unless they can stop the turnovers and they haven't in the 14 games so far.

A few heavy changes in the off season.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should beat the Redskins ok, but I'm very uneasy with the thought of a trip to face Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers in the clutch of winter.

Rodgers is doing ok in my fantasy team but he took a big hit the other week. Is he going to be back?

I would still have to favour us. Stick Ross on Jennings and then we should be ok. Just need to get the run going to open it up for Nicks and Boss.

Rodgers is doing ok in my fantasy team but he took a big hit the other week. Is he going to be back?

I would still have to favour us. Stick Ross on Jennings and then we should be ok. Just need to get the run going to open it up for Nicks and Boss.

I suspect Rodgers will play though you never know with concussions.

Almost beat the Pats last night even though everyone expected a blow out due to how injury ravaged our team is. Lot of positives to take into our next game against the Giants, will be a tough game but its at Lambeau and I think we can win it.

Beat the Giants then the Bears and we make the playoffs as the wildcard.

I have the pleasure of more than one screen, so I usually put the two games up that I really want to see and then throw in the red zone on the third to keep track of what is going on everywhere else. Redzone isn't really for the purists, but it is useful for anyone wanting to keep track of their betting and their fantasy teams.

Great to see Devin Hester back returning kicks for TDs again and breaking the all time NFL kick return for TD record. The most exciting guy in the NFL when he's at his best.

One of the more memorable moments of recent years for me came when Hester returned 2 kicks for TDs against the Broncos 3 or so seasons ago when he was at the height of his early powers. I remmeber the commentator rather excitedly exclaiming "Devin Hester, you are ridiculous!!!", which captured the feeling around the guy at the time perfectly.

On a sadder note, Cutler looks pretty good at the moment.

Cutler is proving that he can win. I actually think the Bears stand a decent chance in the playoffs. Cutler will probably turn the ball over too much and they may not be able to give him the protection that he needs, but they are solid defensively and such a threat on special teams that you never know. He's done well to adapt to the new system during the season.

Great to see Devin Hester back returning kicks for TDs again and breaking the all time NFL kick return for TD record. The most exciting guy in the NFL when he's at his best.

One of the more memorable moments of recent years for me came when Hester returned 2 kicks for TDs against the Broncos 3 or so seasons ago when he was at the height of his early powers. I remmeber the commentator rather excitedly exclaiming "Devin Hester, you are ridiculous!!!", which captured the feeling around the guy at the time perfectly.

On a sadder note, Cutler looks pretty good at the moment.

One of my favourite pieces of sporting commentary.

And, I can confidently say that he's available for the right trade in our fantasy league as well! :)

Even though I can't watch the sport anymore, all of my fave sports commentary moments are also NBA related. As a kid growing up in New England during the hey days for the Bird/Parrish/McHale Celtics... I have many of those magical moments ingrained in my head.

Most notably, "Oh, and there's a steal by Bird, underneath to DJ, and he lays it in!"

The Giants' season is over.

Rodgers has given a masterclass in throwing the ball to his receivers. The Giants have given a masterclass in lazy, shoddy defensive and offensive play. That Jacobs fumble (not to mention Boss's failure to recover the ball) is unforgiveable. While the myriad debacles this season are not Coughlin's sole responsibility - he's not the one dropping the ball all the time - he must take the fall I'm afraid. There is an ingrained brittleness about the team (most starkly evinced during last week's disgraceful 4th quarter collapse) that Coughlin does not seem to be able to stamp out.

A win in Green Bay would only have delayed the inevitable road collapse in January so I suppose today's lukewarm performance is neither here nor there.

The Giants' season is over.

Rodgers has given a masterclass in throwing the ball to his receivers. The Giants have given a masterclass in lazy, shoddy defensive and offensive play. That Jacobs fumble (not to mention Boss's failure to recover the ball) is unforgiveable. While the myriad debacles this season are not Coughlin's sole responsibility - he's not the one dropping the ball all the time - he must take the fall I'm afraid. There is an ingrained brittleness about the team (most starkly evinced during last week's disgraceful 4th quarter collapse) that Coughlin does not seem to be able to stamp out.

Coughlin has to go and hopefully Killdrive as well. I've heard Cowher has said he would be interested, might be a mart move. Just need a change to spark the team off, the current setup seems to make us worse.

6 turnovers in a vital game is just stupid. BJ wan't really to blame but Boss needs shooting.

If we had made it we would have been smashed anyway, at least this way we are a little higher in the draft. So many of the losses could have been wins (colts maybe not) but for stupid errors and poor throwing from Eli.

Very happy with the Packers performance. I thought in all areas we played well and it was a solid all around performance from the Pack. Rodgers in particular was outstanding and our defense is continuing to show that it's one of the best in the league despite all the injuries. Kuhn or should i say Kuhhhhnnnn! had a great game, and is becoming a bit of a cult hero at Green Bay.

Another huge game next week against the Bears, win that and we should make the playoffs.

End of the regular season this weekend and some games that will have an impact on whether sides make the postseason or have to try again next year.

Packers can make it if they beat the Bears tommorrow or could make it if they lose and a couple of results go their way. If the Falcons beat the Panthers they get the No.1 Seed leaving the Bears with the No.2 seed and nothing else to play for. That game is before our one so I wonder if Lovie may rest players if the Falcons have it tied up. Then again he might want to knock their greatest rivals out of the playoff picture.

If we play like we did against the Giants, Rodgers on fire and the Defense stepping up I think we have a great chance of beating the Bears at Lambeau. Fingers crossed they do.

A lot of people definitely sold Tampa Bay short. Shouldn't have hired Morris as head coach - no experience, out of his depth. Shouldn't have gotten rid of Gruden. Weren't rebuilding, but were being cheap.

Josh Freeman impresses me more and more each time I see him play.

Archived