BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

There most disruptive thing about this transfer window was the fact the takeover talks started right inb the middle. It cocked up everything giving the trustees an excuse not to open their pockets. Im sure will hear some rubbish from JW in a few months when things are looking crappy about how we were hoping to buy better players in the hope of the takeover going through. Its disgusting what they are doing to our club they day they ###### of will be a day worth celebrating.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There most disruptive thing about this transfer window was the fact the takeover talks started right inb the middle. It cocked up everything giving the trustees an excuse not to open their pockets. Im sure will hear some rubbish from JW in a few months when things are looking crappy about how we were hoping to buy better players in the hope of the takeover going through. Its disgusting what they are doing to our club they day they ###### of will be a day worth celebrating.

cretin.

Sorry but the Trustees have been superb owners.

Yes their time is drawing to a close but they have invested far more than most Premier League owners have over the past decade.

£13m for Gyan though?? Is it just me that thinks that's way too much?!

we heard you the first time Hughesy!

Andy Cryer reckons we were never in for a work permit for Popov. Strange tale all round.

CryerRovers Absolute nonsense about Popov. Rovers did not fail to get a work permit because they didn't try

£13m for Gyan though?? Is it just me that thinks that's way too much?!

Sounds about right for a 24 year old striker who's just been one of the best players at the last World Cup and has a 1 in 2 record internationally.

Certainly I wouldn't be disappointed if we'd just spent £13m on him.

You would seriously hope so - especially if the likes of Rigters, Roberts or Brown also leave in the championship loan window... :unsure:

Rigters is already gone back to Holland on loan, and why you have such a down on poor Brown who has had very few chances in the longish time he has been here, but has NEVER let us down on those rare occasions, I just cannot understand. What on Earth are you expecting from a reserve keeper?

Oh yes and even Roberts has always shown himself to be a loyal and true professional and has always given his limited best when called upon.

Sounds about right for a 24 year old striker who's just been one of the best players at the last World Cup and has a 1 in 2 record internationally.

Certainly I wouldn't be disappointed if we'd just spent £13m on him.

If we would've paid £13M for him people would've been all over his poor goals ratio in "poor" Ligue 1 and Serie A.

Whilst the removal of deadweight is great, do we actually have 25 senior players to name for the squad? Is there any indication that we might chase some free agents today and register them before the deadline, players like perhaps Gai Assulin?

On that topic does anyone have a list of players that would still be available despite the window being closed?

didnt he go to city???

It is possible that the takeover talks played some role in the transfer policy. If so then it would not be an excuse, but a reason.

JW has said for ages now, that the wage bill is too high and needs to come down. Therefore how could they sign new players and get the wage bill down at the same time.

The players that left during this window were all last minute deals - that was down to other clubs making late offers.

Rovers were set back financially because of the Ince era. In my view for a club like Rovers it would take more than one and half seasons to recover from. Add to the fact that gate receipts have dropped due to lower season ticket prices.

I do not hear anybody asking for those to increased.

Other players such as Jones and Nzonze and Pedersen have had contract extensions. Rovers have taken on a loan player from man U in diouf and also Benjani on a play as you play deal.

A lot of deadwood has gone out this time. No offers thankfully came in for our better players.

The Trust are not to blame for the current circumstances of the club. In fact they have been prudent. Jack Walker wanted the club to be self financing. That I believe is what they, the trustees are trying to do. I believe I read somewhere that if it wasn't for the relegation season, Jack Walker was also going to stop funding the club. If that is correct, the the current attitude of the trust is what Jack wanted.

The reality is the prem is imploding. This 25 man squad thing is going to leave a lot of players unhappy. I also cannot see how it can be legal under european working rules. Voices from Euro about club finances, could leave Rovers in a good position. Times are achanging and we must bide our time.

Tell me how can paying £20, 30, 80 etc million on a person to kick a ball about be considered reasonable. When does it stop? It cannot be sustained. Rovers do not want to risk themselves being drawn into impossible this impossible situation.

The Trust are doing what is in their remit to do, protecting the club. My only grip with the trust is their silence. But that is also their choice. But the fact that supporters are paying season in season out to come to matches etc, they should have better public relations with the the supporters.

Relativley happy with the window, the squad is moving forward (Jones, Kalanic, Olsson all need playing time to get even better), Keef and Roberts being surplus to requirements is a good indication here. We have recouped a small proportion of Dead money (Zurabs loan move, Reid moving on), bought in (albeit on limited evidence) a good stop gap in Mame, retained the services of quality players (Samba, Peds, Jones, Olsson). I'd even suggest we have a some money in the hand for January, when Strikers (JR) are in high demand and notoriously expensive!

Estimated £330M spent during this window, but I would suggest we have achieved the so-called impossible (yet again) and moved the squad forward, improved the football and all for a fraction of that stupidly inflated figure (How much for Kenwyne????).

Are we thin on the ground? Nope we have a squad of 25 just like everybody else, versitile players and most importantly competiton for places.

Who moved to a rival club (i.e. outside top 4 & City) that we should have been in for?

Relativley happy with the window, the squad is moving forward (Jones, Kalanic, Olsson all need playing time to get even better), Keef and Roberts being surplus to requirements is a good indication here. We have recouped a small proportion of Dead money (Zurabs loan move, Reid moving on), bought in (albeit on limited evidence) a good stop gap in Mame, retained the services of quality players (Samba, Peds, Jones, Olsson). I'd even suggest we have a some money in the hand for January, when Strikers (JR) are in high demand and notoriously expensive!

Estimated £330M spent during this window, but I would suggest we have achieved the so-called impossible (yet again) and moved the squad forward, improved the football and all for a fraction of that stupidly inflated figure (How much for Kenwyne????).

Are we thin on the ground? Nope we have a squad of 25 just like everybody else, versitile players and most importantly competiton for places.

Who moved to a rival club (i.e. outside top 4 & City) that we should have been in for?

You are John Williams and I claim my £5.

Realistically the only person we should've (if we weren't) been all over was Cleverley and his Wigan loan transfer. Hleb and Ben Arfa would've been nice names to have, but I don't know if we realistically could've afforded either. Hleb's wages must be massive and according to some reports Newcastle is paying £2M as a loan fee to Marseille for Ben Arfa, which is quite steep for a loan.

Realistically the only person we should've (if we weren't) been all over was Cleverley and his Wigan loan transfer. Hleb and Ben Arfa would've been nice names to have, but I don't know if we realistically could've afforded either. Hleb's wages must be massive and according to some reports Newcastle is paying £2M as a loan fee to Marseille for Ben Arfa, which is quite steep for a loan.

1. You are not allowed to loan two players from the same Prem club I believe?

2. Cleverley is not that good (yet) and he's a winger, so he'd be in with Olsson, Hoilett and the two Diouf's.

the ruling states that a player, needs to play at least 25% of international games, within a 2 year period to be granted a work permit. Has Rafael Van Der Vaart played this for Holland? If not, then surely he should be denied a work permit as well? :unsure:

Archived