BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amdy Faye story is nonsense. I have a fair idea why it is out there. A little revenge mission by someone who was messed about on deadline day.

Ah, the games people play...

Does he share an agent with Chimbonda perchance?

Not accurate - Benitez to Brum for £8.5m? It was a loan

Samba on a free? Not true

Of course it's not accurate, their not privy to contracts, probably gathered form the media and speculation, bit like peoples assumptions on wages. ;)

It does however give you a reasonable account of all the clubs activities, back to when the Premier league began.

can we still sign loan players as I have heard that the loan players system opens next week

I think I'm right in saying Championship sides can bring players in on loan. So theoretically we could only loan further players out to them.

Also if my understanding is correct the 25 man squad rule means that if we found someone floating around out of contract, we could sign them but couldn't play them until January. (ie. pointless)

Also if my understanding is correct the 25 man squad rule means that if we found someone floating around out of contract, we could sign them but couldn't play them until January. (ie. pointless)

I'm not sure about this bit, it seems like a grey area.

I'm sure it would be breaking some EU law, effectively forcing out-of-contract players to be without a job until January.

Edit: I guess under 21 players could be signed and play before January as they don't need to be registered. Assulin, for example.

thanks am I right in thinking that because we have not reached the 25 player mark we can still sign players who are free agents.

My reading of that ruling is if you don't have enough professionals on the books to fill the quota, I think we have, we just chose not to mane them, IE. loaned them out, Judge Etc.

I'm not sure about this bit, it seems like a grey area.

I'm sure it would be breaking some EU law, effectively forcing out-of-contract players to be without a job until January.

Edit: I guess under 21 players could be signed and play before January as they don't need to be registered. Assulin, for example.

It's been confirmed on SSN a few times that if clubs have named a squad of less than 25 they can add out of contract players to it.

It's been confirmed on SSN a few times that if clubs have named a squad of less than 25 they can add out of contract players to it.

Let's get Pires and Wiltord signed up then!

Has anyone found a list of free agents? Someone usually links to it at this stage of a Rovers transfer window .... :rolleyes:

Let's get Pires and Wiltord signed up then!

Has anyone found a list of free agents? Someone usually links to it at this stage of a Rovers transfer window .... :rolleyes:

Hope this puts the ? mark to bed over 'Can we sign out of contract players'

“Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this instance they may add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named."

So do we have 25 eligible contracted players. getting rid of Jacobsen may allow at least one maybe two as Zurab and Judge could be recalled to fill the quota if we had wanted to submit the full 25.

I'm doing some searching for out of contract players, can post some links. I claim to know nothing about how accurate these are:

Italy... Italy Free Agents?

You wouldn't want any of that lot bar maybe Barone.

Enzo Maresca who has just been released by Olympiacos would walk into your side.He'll have half of Serie A after him though.

Hope this puts the ? mark to bed over 'Can we sign out of contract players'

“Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this instance they may add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named."

So do we have 25 eligible contracted players. getting rid of Jacobsen may allow at least one maybe two as Zurab and Judge could be recalled to fill the quota if we had wanted to submit the full 25.

We have 21 players named... And then we have 7 U21-players...

Archived