BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Just found this on Gai Assulin's website can any one translate?

hope this works

"According to published Sunday the British press , the former Barcelona Assulin Gai takes a few days training under the command of Sam Allardyce , Blackburn Rovers , the club most interested in his signing after the Israeli left the club by the back door

Blackburn 's interest is not the only , since Arsène Wenger has also Assulin Gai in his sights for some years and had already spoken to the player's environment to probe his move to Arsenal.

Tottenham Harry Redknapp is one of the teams are also formed following the Israeli midfielder in the Barcelona youth system ."

Sounds like old news pal, from when he was supposedly meant to join up with us originally. Nicko said had a knee injury, so I would say that there is no substance to whatever new link there was meant to be

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said he refused offers from Benfica, Liverpool and Tottenham among others. He thinks Birmingham is the best place for him.

He actually said that he chose Birmingham because they tried harder and wanted him more, this may well be money or may be that he will be in the starting eleven which he wouldnt be at spuds or Liverpool.

I doubt BFS would go back to someone who messed him around

Why not?

A lot of players say no to trials, and we don't know the full story behind why Gai didn't show up at Brockhall. Objectively Man City is a more attractive proposition than Rovers at the moment. He was highly rated at Barca and touted as the new Messi but then walked out - hence why he is so sought after. If we could get him to play in the pocket with Dunn currently struggling with his fitness (again) then I for one would be happy. Not expecting it to happen but with so many players off our wage bill he should be someone to actively pursue should his knee injury not be too serious. Still haven't heard the extent of that injury, anyone know?

You are John Williams and I claim my £5.

It's in the post.

Joking aside I hope John Williams is given a very free reign in the future and that we continue to operate a prudent transfer policy. We can see the miracles that were achieved when we were reletivley disadvantaged, lets hope we use the same innovation and guile to really leverage an edge if/when the playing field is levelled.

After our thrashing by preston in the pre season friendly last month. Sam was believed to have thrown a massive tantrum after the game and threatened to quit unless the board backed him with more funds. This story was confirmed by many reputable posters on here such as nicko etc

If I am right, then supposedly the board had agreed to relase more funds, which i think people had estimated to take our budget to around £4m maybe even £5m.

Was this story complete rubbish? Or did something change and the money was taken away again?

In brief, yes.

• Backroom

After our thrashing by preston in the pre season friendly last month. Sam was believed to have thrown a massive tantrum after the game and threatened to quit unless the board backed him with more funds. This story was confirmed by many reputable posters on here such as nicko etc

If I am right, then supposedly the board had agreed to relase more funds, which i think people had estimated to take our budget to around £4m maybe even £5m.

Was this story complete rubbish? Or did something change and the money was taken away again?

I apologise if I have some of the facts wrongs, but this story is sticking in my mind, as I am certain it was confirmed he demanded more money from the board, or he was off?

I'd forgotten about this... wonder what happened? We already had a budget of around 2.5M according to earlier summer reports, so Sam's tantrum and the apparent release of extra funds must have been at least an extra 1-2M ... yet come deadline day we had to sell players in order to buy. Very strange. One can only assume that the Trustees have withdrawn practically all funding with the sale to WGA looking almost certain to go through.

POPOV - the work permit procedure is changed these days...you get one automatically if you have enough caps...you need an appeals panel if you don't...there wasn't an appeals panel yesterday...some odd people at Litex Lovech.

ASSULIN - is due back in England soon, but supposedly heading back to Man City...can sign as a free agent...is he fit?

POPOV - the work permit procedure is changed these days...you get one automatically if you have enough caps...you need an appeals panel if you don't...there wasn't an appeals panel yesterday...some odd people at Litex Lovech.

So an offer was made then? Even though JW has denied it? Was it contigent on Roberts going or not?

ASSULIN - is due back in England soon, but supposedly heading back to Man City...can sign as a free agent...is he fit?

And who else misses out from their 25 if he joins and gets a squad number? Surely he won't go there of all places.

I think this transfer window really brings it home how precarious our premiership place is nowadays. With our cxurrent squad I am fairly confident that we are good enough to finish mid-table but if we start losing 1st teamers and not being able to replace them properly we are in trouble unless the Academy can start producing a couple of players a year who are good enough to play regularly at this level. If we have to pick 25 for a squad we will probably be one of the only teams in the league who will be including 18 and 19 year olds in this number because, as far as I read it, they don't need to be included and can still play anyway. If we get a few injuries we could be really struggling so lets hope that the likes of Dunn and Grella can stay fit.

Why? That wouldn't prove anything.

I can't find anything about this elsewhere.

bulgarian national football team. click on Popov and it gives you all the stuff on his training at Ewood etc. Gaziantespor is his new team., not Galiantspor as first posted. We clearly wanted him badly and tried very hard to get him, NOT.

bulgarian national football team. click on Popov and it gives you all the stuff on his training at Ewood etc. Gaziantespor is his new team., not Galiantspor as first posted. We clearly wanted him badly and tried very hard to get him, NOT.

My point was that Wikipedia doesn't prove anything, anyone could have written that.

I have Googled both his name and the club's name and nothing is coming up about a transfer.

So an offer was made then? Even though JW has denied it? Was it contigent on Roberts going or not?

NO, NO OFFER MADE...THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE AN AGREEMENT ON A FEE AND TERMS BEFORE IT WENT TO AN APPEALS PANEL...THERE WAS NO APPEALS PANEL...SO NO OFFER WAS MADE...

And who else misses out from their 25 if he joins and gets a squad number? Surely he won't go there of all places.

ASSULIN WOULD JOIN MAN CITY IF HE IS FIT AND THEN PROBABLY BE LOANED OUT...ALTHOUGH AT HIS AGE HE WOULD BE CLASSED AS A YOUTH PLAYER...

Robert Pires is still available - coming off a good season with Villarreal. 7 in 37 games.

Is there a list of world free agents? Tried searching quickly at work but couldn't find one .... I think that's where we're at now.

EDIT: Sylvain Wiltord also unattached.

Archived