BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Here's a thought...

Didn't Man City sign Benjani just before their takeover happened?

Good omen? ;)

...(Trying to come up with something positive!!)...

January 2006 Benjani signed for Portsmouth, and they were taken over days afterwards. The rest....Well, probably best not to think about that if you believe in omens.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure that's right is it? I thought the "gamble" had paid off and that we had made up in additional supporters for what we lost on prices. I thought I remembered john Williams expressing satisfaction about that. Is that not right?

That's true - the extra ST sales more or less covered the lower prices. Of course if numbers are a bit down this year then there will be a bit of shortfall there.

That's true - the extra ST sales more or less covered the lower prices. Of course if numbers are a bit down this year then there will be a bit of shortfall there.

You would have thought the extra season tickets would have more than covered the lower prices. The more people there is in the ground the more people you have buying food and drink.

Sorry to gatecrash the thread boys, am sure you'll admit I only ever do it once the windows closed though.

I was just wondering, being as i pm'd Nicko ages ago to tell him I had 50 quid on Moyes at 12/1 when O'Neill first walked out, if there was any chance of the elusive first choice of our fans getting the job. Most of us are expecting the dire appointment of Kevin Macdonald or something equally uninspiring but it would be nice to get who we all want for the job plus 600 quid :D

Surely we will have a manager soon, it's been bloody ages now.

Sorry to gatecrash the thread boys, am sure you'll admit I only ever do it once the windows closed though.

I was just wondering, being as i pm'd Nicko ages ago to tell him I had 50 quid on Moyes at 12/1 when O'Neill first walked out, if there was any chance of the elusive first choice of our fans getting the job. Most of us are expecting the dire appointment of Kevin Macdonald or something equally uninspiring but it would be nice to get who we all want for the job plus 600 quid :D

Surely we will have a manager soon, it's been bloody ages now.

I hear Villa are going through an interview process now which will mean talking to the unemployed...

Whether they have the money in their budget to tempt Moyes and whether he has the bottle to jump are two big hurdles you will have to cross.

I think this one might rumble for a bit.

can someone explain to me who exactly came up with this completely idiotic rule about how many games must you have played for a country to get a work permit and this sheer utter nonesence. Because of it seems like even some Turkish clubs our taking the players we want.

I hear Villa are going through an interview process now which will mean talking to the unemployed...

Whether they have the money in their budget to tempt Moyes and whether he has the bottle to jump are two big hurdles you will have to cross.

I think this one might rumble for a bit.

App Sven got an interview.

Think it could be a bit of a conspiracy-esque thing tho if Kev Mac gets the job, if he did it would suggest Lerner just did a smokescreen until the transfer deadline closed and then hired the interim, someone who could have signed the players we needed at the time.

Our director says they have reservations about hiring someone who 'jumps ship for more money', but surely that's life in football, and the only way to tempt someone like Moyes or Hughes is to offer them more resources than they have now. I guess if we no longer can offer that then the unattatched is who we will be forced to look at.

Disgusted at Koemans prostitution tho...how desperate is he.

Our friends from Northern Ireland might me able to shed some light on this fella have English clubs missed out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8954637.stm

Not me. Used to watch local football regularly some time back, but it's very expensive now for what you are 'treated' to. Used to follow Johnny Flynn's old side, Ballymena United.

Obviously gonna be a massive step up for Boyce, but best of luck to him. Must have something about him to even attract any sort of interest from the Bundesliga.

can someone explain to me who exactly came up with this completely idiotic rule about how many games must you have played for a country to get a work permit and this sheer utter nonesence. Because of it seems like even some Turkish clubs our taking the players we want.

A number of years ago when I was on the proffessional committee at a Lancashire League Cricket Club, we applied for a work permit for an Australian, the clowns asked why we couldnt get a proffessional from Europe, we replied if you can find a German fast bowler of test quality, we would be happy to take him!!!

What a stuipid nation we are!

We really aren't good at doing a sales job.

No Popov because no-one would take Roberts off our hands!

With that kind of stance I'm amazed clubs weren't queuing up.

Wonder how much we were asking for him. Half a mil, same as Chimboid? Was the plan to add that to our £2.5m kitty for Popov? At least that money will be there when in case we need to strengthen in January.

Hang on a minute...

Haven't we been linked to him before?

Yeah we have:

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_3052141,00.html

Wonder how much we were asking for him. Half a mil, same as Chimboid?

Daily Mail reckons we wanted £750k, max Wigan would pay was £500k.

We really aren't good at doing a sales job.

No Popov because no-one would take Roberts off our hands!

With that kind of stance I'm amazed clubs weren't queuing up.

Wonder how much we were asking for him. Half a mil, same as Chimboid? Was the plan to add that to our £2.5m kitty for Popov? At least that money will be there when in case we need to strengthen in January.

Hang on a minute...

I wouldn't bank on it according to the pigeon English on Litex's MB they have let him go for 2m as they and the Turks do not use sterling I assume that is Euros.

If that is true, you have to wonder if we have any of the so called Benni money left, or very little at best.

Which backs up Nicko's claim that no bid was made.

It's in the Mail. I never believe a word they say.

I do. It's why I sit outside my home on a daily basis guarding against gypsy immigrant Muslim paedophiles who want to besmirch the name of Princess Diana and bring down the price of my house.

Edit ---- From here added by Glenn

We've had quite a few suggestion to moderate this post, mainly from outside the UK, so I'm assuming it's from people not realising this comment is satire of the Daily Mail's common editorial leanings (which regularly feature stories on house prices, gypsy immigrants, Muslims, paedophiles and Princess Diana, as well as gays and cancer causes). The satirical take on wikipedia, Uncyclopedia has a very tongue in cheek page on the Daily Mail which may give those outside the UK an insight into how this is viewed by many in the UK and why the above is not intended to be offensive to Muslims, Immigrants, etc but is in fact satirising those who spread negative propaganda about them - http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Mail

Good site for those who like to know what has been spent by all the clubs from 92, even gives you the spend prior to change in ownership.

My link

Good link that and a smart answer to all those who claim we bought success. Doesn't reflect salaries though and these are rapidly becoming the new transfer fees.

Amdy Faye, good grief. Can i now mention my desperation signing? We struggled to sign players for 8 months, lets just forget about signing anybody for another 6 months. We can then bring in Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose in January ;)

Archived